All things msc seaview

Fostelo

While the dock at some point today will start to be flooded likely late this afternoon, the ship will not be moved out until tomorrow so I am told which is normal due to the time it takes to flood the dock..

Where will she be moved to? I would have thought to were Seaside is but that can't be since Seaside is still in the same spot. By the way, when is sea trials for Seaside?

• 5 months later...

Hi Fos ... Nothing so far but we have been away over Xmas as you know and I have been busy moving house since we got back. One of the guys is working on the new Costa ship and the other one is no longer at the shipyard, have asked if the one on the Costa build has any photos for you.

So I finally got my room numbers for my seaview cruise in july and was wondering if anyone had any info on the corresponding rooms on seaside [emoji4]. They are 10042,10044,10046 b2 fantastica I believe, just wondering about location maybe some pics any info really. Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
If SeaView info follows the same path as Seaside there will be very, very little factual info the first year or so. Lucky for you, SeaView is the sister ship to SeaSide so you will be able to follow Seaside and get a much better understanding on everything.

I doubt it.

As there have been few to no photos of Seaview during the build it is difficult to know if any changes have been made since the launch of Seaside, two places they could utilise better are the French bistro which cannot be paying its way and the Garage disco which is a total waste of space and should be turned into a burger bar or something similar.

As the Seaside cabin interiors mirror some of the Meraviglia`s I doubt that they would have made any changes to increase storage space which is poor in many cabins by Fantasia class standards.

Another issue that they should have addressed but likely will not is the inability to get to the speciality restaurants from the buffet side of Deck 16.

As there have been few to no photos of Seaview during the build it is difficult to know if any changes have been made since the launch of Seaside, two places they could utilise better are the French bistro which cannot be paying its way and the Garage disco which is a total waste of space and should be turned into a burger bar or something similar.

As the Seaside cabin interiors mirror some of the Meraviglia`s I doubt that they would have made any changes to increase storage space which is poor in many cabins by Fantasia class standards.

Another issue that they should have addressed but likely will not is the inability to get to the speciality restaurants from the buffet side of Deck 16.

For what it's worth, we really enjoyed the food at the French Bistro...some of the best meals of the specialty restaurants! The onion soup and the escargot are delish!! We dined there twice and it was excellent both times. The service was also top notch! We even saw the Captain and some of his staff dining there!

The only issue with the Bistro is the music blaring from the DJs in the Piazza. It would be nice if they limited the volume of the music during dinner hours.

Thank you [emoji4] getting super excited for my first taste of msc cruises [emoji1303]

Hope you have a fantastic cruise, Martin. It may be still a little way off but it'll come sooner than you think! ;p

I remember reading everything I could get my hands on about Meraviglia as we were booked on one of her first sailings. So I can relate to your excitement!

Martin ... Photos have been few and far between of the Seaview and even MSC fans.it, have not as far as I know been onboard yet.

Hopefully more will begin to surface as time moves on, my friend is working on the Costa ship hence one reason for not having had any photos.