Majestic coming to Austarlia

Rumour has it that Lee Lin Chin will be the Christener.

A zip line will be set up from the top of the Opera house to the bow in a novel way for her to crack the Porphyry Pearl.

It appears though the Lord Mayor of Sydney Clover Moore has her nose out of joint, saying that if anyone but her is going to be wearing a bike helmet with a bottle of sparkling affixed to it in her city that it will be over her cold lifeless dead body !

Go Lee Lin...

1438784100107.jpg

Is she the Sheila who reads the news on SBS? The North Americans are not happy about Majestic Princess working Asia and now this region.:loudcry: They like all the newbies and give us the junk.

That's not a bad price.

Six nights probably includes Port Arthur, too many passengers in my opinion.

What? Mr Gut...$250 per diem for an inside? Exorbitant, even for a new ship.:eek:

This post from another poster on the main Princess board made me giggle.

Holy Cow! I thought Majestic Princess was heading directly to China. I have to wonder about the folks who decided that the Aussies would love a ship that has had the bars removed and replaced with Karaoke areas that you have to rent. I guess they must have just figured, "Hey! The folks down under don't drink much so let's put the ship there for a year or so..."

It's great that Australia finally gets a new ship but is this really the one they have been asking for? No Crooners. No Explorer's. No Wheelhouse. clear.png?emoji-eek-1725 At least there are Karaoke Suites. clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744

Thrak

Thank you for that. Have not been on Regal or Royal so when I heard this morning Majestic coming down here I am really looking forward to it.

Already have a 36 day cruise booked for 2018 so think have to wait for 2019 but definitely going on it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One other thing that may make this ship less popular down here is that only the main pool area is open to the sea air. The Hollywood Pool Club and Conservatory are totally enclosed. There appears to be some space aft on the Lido deck, the Wake Bar area, which is under cover but open at the sides and back. From the photo I've seen on the Princess forum there doesn't seem to be much seating in that area and since it's directly aft of the buffet I suspect it will be used by diners.

We are on the last cruise Singapore to Shanghai in June, before it gets handed over to the Chinese.

I thought it would then come down under for our Summer.

I also noticed not too many bars. Will try them all out and let you all know :)

I am sure they will add some if necessary. Princess has been here long enough to know that us Aussies like a drink.

Cheers

Tanya

We've already got cruises booked up to March 2019 but I might try to sneak in a short cruise on Majestic, just to try the ship, if the prices aren't too expensive.

We have plans but nothing booked, this ship may either postpone those plans depending on the offerings.

We are on the last cruise Singapore to Shanghai in June, before it gets handed over to the Chinese.

I am sure they will add some if necessary. Princess has been here long enough to know that us Aussies like a drink.

Cheers

Tanya

Have a good cruise Tanya!!

They sure do know us Aussies, they do a good job bringing Princess ships here and making some minor changes.

Is she the Sheila who reads the news on SBS? The North Americans are not happy about Majestic Princess working Asia and now this region.:loudcry: They like all the newbies and give us the junk.

Yes, she is a scream.

The US cruisers will have to come here, I am sure they will get specials to entice them.

Cheers

Tanya

Have a great cruise, would love to chat to you and K about it when you get back from it.:D

2 saw-horses, few planks, massive esky, ice, container of slabs, bog-standard top shelf, plastic cups.

Ohh Aussie bar.:cool:

Shouldn't be that hard, should it.

Don't worry about those expensive renos J.S , shes sorted.;p

Yeah, just unbolt all the exercise equipment on the aft deck......we can BYO grog, fold up chairs and eskies,no worries!!

Just seen the itineraries, one Tassie cruise, One Island cruise and the other 14 are NZ cruises. Prices are not what I would call great, Balcony for $250-300pp/night The relocation cruises may be worth a go though, as they are a bit cheaper.

Just seen the itineraries, one Tassie cruise, One Island cruise and the other 14 are NZ cruises. Prices are not what I would call great, Balcony for $250-300pp/night The relocation cruises may be worth a go though, as they are a bit cheaper.

Where do you see the itineraries??