Food food food

riley7

Good Food is very important to us. We just read a review that the food was like home your every day variety. We don't want that. We stopped sailing on Celebrity because their food quality had gone down. We expect a European Liner to have better food. So we will keep checking reviews. Anyone who reads this and can confirm that the food is very good it would be very much appreciated. MSC CRUISE SINFONIA MAY 5 2017 departure

Good Food is very important to us. We just read a review that the food was like home your every day variety. We don't want that. We stopped sailing on Celebrity because their food quality had gone down. We expect a European Liner to have better food. So we will keep checking reviews. Anyone who reads this and can confirm that the food is very good it would be very much appreciated. MSC CRUISE SINFONIA MAY 5 2017 departure

Well ,its hard to say what people eat at home .... Maybe you have Michelin star chef cooking for your at home...If you cruise for food you should not use mass market cruise line Seliverseas will be your best choice or Regent. Food on MSC is good not as upscale as at Celebrity . I am happy with both lines but I don't cruise to eat and I understand no mass market line with 3000 pass on board will not match upscale restaurant not that it should for price we pay.

Hi. We sailed on Sinfonia last September and the food was the best of 4 MSC cruises. However, l still feel RCCL or NCL serve better food but it's nearly 5 years since we sailed any line except MSC. I like my food and MSC is fine, way fancier than l get at home or out locally.

Are you in the Yacht Club ?

If so, your food will be different then the rest of the ship.

Food is subjective !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the food and have plenty of food picture in my reviews.

A little taste:

ee9e06596c13edfab2e262a2a2f2536d.jpg

d3957bf008c748c0626fad97476be7d9.jpg

f232055b4a753dfa2bdbc5d14f1e5358.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have a look at my Random Photos thread it is full of photos of food and menus from the Divina but it gives an idea.

We found the food good but was better last year as you got more courses.

They have dropped the separate pasta course this year, you can still order it as an extra but there is not as much choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I watched a cruise programme in the UK yesterday which told that MSC is investing more into food & getting into more celebrity chef colloborations but the programme will roll out on the Meraviglia onwards. I love my food too so it will be interesting to compare MSC to NCL & Celebrity!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I watched a cruise programme in the UK yesterday which told that MSC is investing more into food & getting into more celebrity chef colloborations but the programme will roll out on the Meraviglia onwards. I love my food too so it will be interesting to compare MSC to NCL & Celebrity!

Missed that! Which channel to see if can find on catch up please?

Food is subjective !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the correct answer right here. Everyone of us has a very different idea as to what "good food" or "good entertainment" or "good excursions" means to us and our wants. It's been posted already about the food available for Yacht Club cruisers. I'd also add the availability of the Eataly Steakhouse, and a few other specialty restaurants onboard MSC ships that offer upscale dining choices for the more discerning food critic. Having said all that, I think you're going to enjoy your cruise next month aboard MSC Sinfonia as long as you don't go into to it looking for "Bad Food." Just go with an open mind and expect to have a good time and see what happens.

And be sure to come back here after your cruise and let us know what you thought about your food experience please. We'd all love to hear what you have to say.

Missed that! Which channel to see if can find on catch up please?

It was Inside Cruise on the home & cruise channel on Sky. The presenters well I've leave it to your opinion but they do have some good news worthy items each month. They did a feature on MSC Magnifica this month but I think they have done the Divina too. There is also a programme called All Aboard on the same channel where they go onboard different cruise ships.

It was Inside Cruise on the home & cruise channel on Sky. The presenters well I've leave it to your opinion but they do have some good news worthy items each month. They did a feature on MSC Magnifica this month but I think they have done the Divina too. There is also a programme called All Aboard on the same channel where they go onboard different cruise ships.

Great thank you will have a look!

Riley, I'm a chef. I have sailed in the Yacht Club and it was Neapolitan cuisine - like what I make at home and it was terrific! I don't know about the rest of the ship though because the food in the Yacht Club was so good I never had any reason to eat anywhere else.

We expect a European Liner to have better food. So we will keep checking reviews. Anyone who reads this and can confirm that the food is very good it would be very much appreciated. MSC CRUISE SINFONIA MAY 5 2017 departure

I don't know why you expect a European Liner to have better food? Maybe on a luxury liner or in the MSC Yacht Club. We ate in the MDR of the Splendida and I found it very disappointing. We still loved the cruise but not because of the food.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the availability of the Eataly Steakhouse, and a few other specialty restaurants onboard MSC ships that offer upscale dining choices for the more discerning food critic. Having said all that, I think you're going to enjoy your cruise next month aboard MSC Sinfonia as long as you don't go into to it looking for "Bad Food."

Sinfonia doesn't have a speciality restaurant. It does have Sheelagh's Bar (with a smoking area!!) which has a small menu of items at no extra cost.

What actually constitutes "good food" especially catering for a "mass market"? We love the food on MSC...it ticks our boxes. Plenty plenty of fresh fruit/salads....good choice of pasta dishes...something plain but nicely cooked...ticks my box....hubby likes to be more adventurous with sauces...herbs etc...ticks his box. Fiddly "gourmet" style food smothered/dressed in goodness knows what...that ain't for us...As long as it is well cooked...flavoursome....nicely presented and not "piled high bulk food".

"One man's meat is another man's poison" is always applicable to the subject of food.

As earlier posts have commented if you are cruising for "high end" food choose a different cruise line that offers that and is priced accordingly