House Beverages

MizDemeanor

We are looking this line for March and while doing some mock bookings it occured to me that the Beverage Package that is offered as part of the Promotion may not be the 'Ultimate' beverage package...do I have that right and an ugrade would need to be paid for?

TIA

You are correct the promo offered is for the House Select package which only includes wine & beer at lunch & dinner

You can upgrade to the Prestige Package once onboard for $20 pp pd

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/value/beverage-packages/

As mentioned you can up grade on board.....at ANY time during the cruise whether the frist or almost the last... all for $20 pp per day. Once you up grade you can not cancel for the rest of the cruise...and yes it includes the 18% gratuity in the $20.

House select also includes champagne at lunch and dinner.

Which champagne is included? On the link, 4 are listed:

Montaudon Brut champagne, France

Ruffino Prosecco

House Selection sparkling wine (?)

Schramsberg Mirabelle Brut, Calif.

Of the 4 above, only the first is real champagne...

True, but Schramsberg Mirabelle Brut, Calif. is pretty good.

Haven't tried that one yet, but will have to do so, sounds tasty. In general, some sparkling wines are just as good or even better than some of the "real" champagne.

Back to my original question, which "champagne" is included in the beverage packages? Is it any of the 4 listed above, or just the unnamed "house selection sparkling wine" (and what is that anyway?).

Which champagne is included? On the link, 4 are listed:

Montaudon Brut champagne, France

Ruffino Prosecco

House Selection sparkling wine (?)

Schramsberg Mirabelle Brut, Calif.

Of the 4 above, only the first is real champagne...

It is only wine or Champagne by the glass so whatever is on the menu on your sailing is included in the beverage packages

Do you both have to upgrade to prestige drink package or can just one of you?

If you take the beverage package as your O Life perk both have to do so but to upgrade onboard one person can choose to do it if they want

If you take the beverage package as your O Life perk both have to do so but to upgrade on-board one person can choose to do it if they want

The O-life beverage pack perq might be only for ONE in the cabin not both. The booking statement is unclear on that, i.e. other credits will state something like "internet 1 per stateroom" ,"gratuities passenger 1, 2" but no such qualification re: beverage package. Consequently one might believe it is for both and then get a nasty surprise once on board. Get it confirmed while there is still time choose a package of ones liking.

The O-life beverage pack perq might be only for ONE in the cabin not both. The booking statement is unclear on that, i.e. other credits will state something like "internet 1 per stateroom" ,"gratuities passenger 1, 2" but no such qualification re: beverage package. Consequently one might believe it is for both and then get a nasty surprise once on board. Get it confirmed while there is still time choose a package of ones liking.

In reading the fine print for Olife:

..."OLife Choice beverage package amenity is House Select. Guests in the same stateroom must choose the same OLife Choice amenity and amenity must be chosen by final payment. Not all promotions are combinable."...

It is for both.

I am sure if it was ONE per cabin we would have heard the screams by now :evilsmile:

Maybe I should have been MORE VOCAL here but wanted to get some response from Miami before reporting here so as to keep to facts. I GOT THAT UNEXPECTED NEWS WHEN WE WENT TO RECEPTION TO PURCHASE THE UPGRADE. I have my email prepped to send to Customer Relations. Reception was adamant the O-life benefit was only for guest #1 - no soup for me.(I remained as polite as possible)

That's really unusual. Our cruisemates chose that olife benefit, and on their declaration page from TA, it had House Select Olife benefit selected for both passenger 1 and passenger 2. When you showed the manager onboard your confirmation for both passengers checked, they responded with no? Were there any conflicting selections made (Amex for one passenger, etc)? When you checked in, they didn't verify both cards? Yea, I would definitely hand that to my TA and have her go at it. Unless it has changed very recently (in past 5 months), that should not happen in our experience. I would definitely have your TA do some further escalating.

Our invoices always show which oLife benefit has been selected (assuming it was) AND it has always been shown for both of us.

It may be a good idea to include a copy of your invoice with your other documentation.

Mura

Maybe I should have been MORE VOCAL here but wanted to get some response from Miami before reporting here so as to keep to facts. I GOT THAT UNEXPECTED NEWS WHEN WE WENT TO RECEPTION TO PURCHASE THE UPGRADE. I have my email prepped to send to Customer Relations. Reception was adamant the O-life benefit was only for guest #1 - no soup for me.(I remained as polite as possible)

Just to clarify

So what you are saying is you took the Beverage package as your perk but only 1 person in the cabin was allowed the wine & beer at meals ??

Did the GM give you the same answer as reception?

Seems very strange

Did you contact your TA A.S.A.P while still on the ship to get it resolved ??

Edited by LHT28