Upgrade Question

jennypuccinelli

Well now that you have gotten someone to pull up the deck plans for you:

DECK: down two, from Baja to Dolphin. Some would consider that a downgrade. Me, I like being closer to the indoor lounges over the Lido.

LOCATION: from mid-forward halfway between forward and midship lifts, to right on the border between mid-aft and aft noticeably closer to the aft lifts rather than the midship ones. On the Grand-class ships that would be a wash--but on the Coral being aft puts you further away from the MDRs and buffet.

ROOM TYPE: balcony to mini-suite. Even though I spend little time in the cabin having a sitting area with sofa and its own TV would be appreciated. A tub rather than shower is actually more difficult for me and most of my usual companions.

Don't forget that your DSC is also $1/pp/pd higher, $14.50 rather than $13.50.

As noted above, bottom line is that it is your decision.

Thanks so much. I don't mind walking, in fact the more walking the better to counteract all the eating and drinking! I think we're probably on the younger side for this cruise (46, 42 and 10) so mobility isn't an issue so much. The only downsides I see are being further back so more movement if the seas are rough, and that it also looks like there's a service corridor across from us.

I pre-paid the gratuities to avoid the last increase so I wonder if they'll just add the extra $1/pp/pd to my on-board account.

With 3 people for 15 nights the extra space would be great though.

We'll weigh the pros and cons. Thanks for your input!

Thanks so much. I don't mind walking, in fact the more walking the better to counteract all the eating and drinking! I think we're probably on the younger side for this cruise (46, 42 and 10) so mobility isn't an issue so much. The only downsides I see are being further back so more movement if the seas are rough, and that it also looks like there's a service corridor across from us.

I pre-paid the gratuities to avoid the last increase so I wonder if they'll just add the extra $1/pp/pd to my on-board account.

With 3 people for 15 nights the extra space would be great though.

We'll weigh the pros and cons. Thanks for your input!

With 3 people, definitely go for the mini suite. Plus on the Coral you will be near the aft door to the "secret" deck which is a wonderful place to enjoy the scenery.