Binoculars

Jamericannn

My husband went to Bass Pro Shops. I am not sure of the price (check online if you can), but they are well worth the money spent. We sit on our balcony and watch other ships sail and can even make out the names on some buildings when we are passing by land.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I bought a pair of Nikon SHE Monarch ATB 10x36 mid-size for my Kenyan Safari back in 2011. Loved them. Rubberized, waterproof covering, lightweight, great optics. "Shot" several hiding leopards up in the trees with these!

Something along those lines from Nikon (they don't make these anymore) would be good, IMHO.

If you have a Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop or REI nearby, do some looking there.

I went to a store in NYC and bought Binoculars in a leather case for $50.00.

Stellar Prestige 7x35 Wide Angle

The next day we booked a cruise with a new TA . As an incentive for future cruises with her agency she gave us a gift ,a pair of binoculars -Konus Action 10x25 in a leather case.

I want to get a good binoculars that is r also able priced (I know that's relative). Recommendations please..

Regardless of what you buy, do not buy them over the internet. You need to try several sets before you decide what is best for you. The last time I bought binoculars, I spent several hours at Cabellas before I selected the ones that I wanted. Even if you find ones that you like in a store, still do not buy them on the WEB. The QC for lowish price point binoculars which is what you probably will be buying can be really bad.

Two other things, research what all the terms that they use to describe the binoculars means before you buy. Also, don't be overly impressed by high power binoculars. They will be harder to hold them steady especially on a ship and the field of vision is also usually less.

I will add one more thing. Usually with optical equipment, you get what you pay for.

Hope this helps.

DON

Almost all cruise ships will have binoculars for sale in one of their stores. Another choice on where to buy them

Unfortunately the selection of optics (cameras and binoculars) on the ship typically stinks.

DON