Help! Left child's stuffed animal on ship

TruRed76

I know I have read about this topic somewhere before but cannot find it using the search feature. We just got off the Dawn out of New Orleans this morning. We just realized we left our sons stuffed monkey on the bed. He is traumatized to say the least. I've tried calling NCL but they are closed until tomorrow. Does anyone have any positive stories I can tell him?!? Is corporate the place to start?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh my god I feel terrible for you. We have a 3 year old son who gets attached to things so I understand exactly what you are goin through. I hope everything works in the end but I don't have any experience in this situation. I would think the would be a way to resolve this. Who was your cabin steward? Maybe somehow contact the ship and talk to the cabin steward?

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Our son is 8 and has had this monkey since he was nine months old. I cannot believe we forgot him! We have traveled quite a bit and always do a final check for the monkey! We searched previously on eBay for a replica - $150 [emoji15]! We are trying to talk about all the adventures his monkey gets to have and that maybe he gets to go on another cruise. I have found the Lost and Found number for NCL. I will plan on calling when they open tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Hopefully thinking on a more positive note - your cabin steward a good guy ? did his work with high regard ?

did he leave you with towel animals ? did your son like these creations ? comments ?

What is likely to happen this cabin steward will have found your son's monkey and passed it off to the

ships lost and found with notation of what cabin and when where found.

When NCL is open for business on Monday call to establish contact with the ships lost and found.

It may be easier if the NCL offloaded the stuffed monkey in a L & F office at the NOLA cruise terminal.

That failing it would be still on the ship and if the DAWN is making its routine cruise down the western

Caribbean upon return it will be possible to retrieve it for dispatch to your home.

So do make that contact on Monday and get the ball rolling or monkey swinging !

There may be a realistic time limit that items are kept before disposed of.

Good Luck and as noted if not met with success plan that Plan "B" !

Please post a picture of the monkey and the manufacturer! Someone might have one! I was a plush buyer for our local hospital gift shop and have bins of plush that my kids no longer want. If I have your monkey I will gladly send it to you!! My daughter lost her "blankie" as a 20 year old living in Paris and she still talks about it 12 years later! LOL

In 2015 my niece, 18 at the time, was also traumatized that she left her cell phone. Took a few weeks but they were reunited. Fingers crossed.

BTW, she is now in college and came home this weekend. I noticed she packed and brought her stuffed rabbit, she has since childhood. I do believe she would be just as upset if she lost that today as when she was little.

NCL does make an attempt to get your valuable items back to you. We are in the process of doing that now from a cruise from March 12-19. You have to file a request/report and it takes a LONG time. We still haven't heard about a delivery date, but they did report the device was found. So, I heartily agree with the others. Look for a replacement because it could be two months IF the stewards even bothered to turn it in. You have to pay COD for it to be returned.

Thank you to all for the positive stories and offer to look for a substitute. We do have a very similar monkey that we purchased a few years back; however, my son says he doesn't "smell" the same or feel the same. We made it through last night ok though!

Here's an old picture of the boy and his monkey:

0e5c3c95994b69e7cc8b1ab52803bb9c.jpg

Any chance you can contact the vessel directly?

Found this info online - not sure, though, whether it is still correct: https://********************/cruising-friends/contact-a-cruise-ship/norwegian-cruise-line-ncl-contact-a-ship/

Quite a stiff price pr. min, but still....

Good luck :-)

Ps: the url adress does not seem to show. Found the info on a webside called "all things cruise"....

Edited by Jake70
URL adress does not show

I know I have read about this topic somewhere before but cannot find it using the search feature. We just got off the Dawn out of New Orleans this morning. We just realized we left our sons stuffed monkey on the bed. He is traumatized to say the least. I've tried calling NCL but they are closed until tomorrow. Does anyone have any positive stories I can tell him?!? Is corporate the place to start?

I feel for you. I know how that is. I hope you get it back!!

Awww I hope you get it back. I had a Curious George monkey that I lost when I was about 4 when we were on a trip. A family friend replaced him but not with a duplicate. I still occasionally think about that original little dude some 35 years later. LOL

Thank you to all for the positive stories and offer to look for a substitute. We do have a very similar monkey that we purchased a few years back; however, my son says he doesn't "smell" the same or feel the same. We made it through last night ok though!

Here's an old picture of the boy and his monkey:

0e5c3c95994b69e7cc8b1ab52803bb9c.jpg

Unfortunately, I do not have a monkey like that in my stash! Sorry I couldn't help you out. I hope the cruise line is able to find and return your son's monkey soon!!

One thing I have discovered today is that Norwegian has partnered with a company to help return lost property to their owners. You can access the site via NCL's webpage, Contact Us section, and then go to the List and Found tab. You complete an online form and are redirected to their partner site, LostandFoundSite . com. You are emailed a claim number and can check for updates with that claim number. I will keep you posted!

I am going to be 60 this year and I still have my plush doll, Spankin' Sue. After all these years she has moved with me.

If my building caught on fire I would grab my dog first, Sue 2nd and then if I had time, my Louboutons. LOL.

I left a necklace that my DIL made for me on a ship a couple of years ago and after immediately contacting NCL and giving a full description and following up a couple of times ..... they returned it to me! I hope this works out for your little guy. I always worry when my son takes his "Bobby" (a cat) with him. Please let us know when your monkey returns home :)

My lost item has been "found" and is "in transit" to the corporate office. It has been about a month since I disembarked, so I have been told I will eventually get the item, but it is taking a long time. That web site for lost items is used by lots of hotels, airlines and cruiselines, but you get only the most vague reports back, like "in transit".

Not yet [emoji20]. Unfortunately my hubby has lost his voice and I was at work during NCL's business hours so we were unable to make our daily call today. Hoping hubby has a voice tomorrow so he can resume our calls!

My son cried himself to sleep last night and kept saying "I love you ooh-ooh (his name for his monkey)". Talk about heart wrenching! He is sleeping with his back-up monkey.