Where have all the cheap(-ish) cruises gone?

Getting ready to book my 2nd cruise after having a ball on my 1st cruise in October 2016 with Carnival Legend (love those sea days!).

Last year I booked a 'guaranteed balcony' for 9 nights for AUD 2,100 but looking at 2017 cruises this won't even get me a interior cabin! for around the same period/length hehe.

I loved the balcony but this time am going for a window or interior room.

I booked in June last year, so maybe I need to wait a little longer. (Can't wait to sail again!)

cheers

I get E-mails from Carnival every month with some good offers & have used these a couple of times. Also if you can wait to 2/3 months outs they have Pack"N"go offers which are great. Eg this year i used e-mail offer to get 4 days in Tassie for $549 each with $75 OBC & 9 nights to the islands for $699 with Pack"N"go. Both where balcony inc extended Balcony on Island cruise on deck 8..

Thanks for the feedback.

I think i was very lucky last year, especially for a solo cruiser!

Last year in May, I booked a 'Guarantee Balcony' on Carnival Legend (Deck 6) for 8 (or was it 9?) nights and it was $2,100 which worked out about $230 per day.

I'm hoping to find something around that (daily) price again, I've got my eye on either a 12 or 16 day cruise, more sea days with a couple of ports as well.

cheers

Have just booked a 12n cruise from Freemantle in Oct. Checked last min prices for same cruise leaving next month Oct was cheaper. We started looking into cruises last year and found there definitely seemed to be better last minute deals back then. Am very happy with deal we got for Oct:D

Just got e-mail from Carnival with there offers this month. Melbourne cup 6 nights inc entry under a K per person. Balcony $1199 each..

I didn't see any Melbourne Cup cruise offers on the email I got. :(

The 2017 balcony prices are from $2499, and 2018 from $2179.50

I didn't see any Melbourne Cup cruise offers on the email I got. :(

The 2017 balcony prices are from $2499, and 2018 from $2179.50

My email stated it was "an exclusive past guest offer". It is for the 2017 sailing. To book the special price you need the supplied promo code and your CCN number. Cannot be booked on their web site. Either through your TA or call Carnival.

My email stated it was "an exclusive past guest offer". It is for the 2017 sailing. To book the special price you need the supplied promo code and your CCN number. Cannot be booked on their web site. Either through your TA or call Carnival.

OK, I'm going to sulk now. I didn't get one of those emails yet we cruised with Carnival last November.

I had a look around last night to see if I could find a cheap, last minute cruises to get away for a week. Seems there are a few from Brisbane on PO Aria or Dawn but when I get to the balcony cabin pricing, it doesn't seem that cheap. Anyway, I think I remember these are old hand-me-downs from somewhere else that had some bad press I will most likly pass. Any positives on these 2 ships?