Delux Drink Package with Surf and Stream

doesn't make sense on my Radiance sailing.

Deluxe package AUD 65.92

Deluxe Package & Free Voom AUD 81.22

1 Device Surf & Stream AUD 18.85.

Doesn't look free to me as it is only AUD 2 cheaper than buying seperate and you will have Surf & Stream instead of just Surf.

(All prices include Gratuities as it is an Australian booking)

Our offer doesn't say 'FREE Voom', it says 'Deluxe Package and Voom One Device', so maybe yours is different?? Ours is also Voom Surf and Stream so you may want to check and make sure your offer is actually for something different.

Also, using your numbers, you would be saving $3.55 per day. May not be a ton but times seven days $24.85. Money in your pocket if you are going to purchase the drinks and net anyways.

Heres a question for those in the know. This is the first time I have booked a drink/internet package. When I go into my cruise planner, it shows that I have purchased a beverage package however the internet does not show. Is that normal? Do they just know you have it and it doesn't show in your planner?

Heres a question for those in the know. This is the first time I have booked a drink/internet package. When I go into my cruise planner, it shows that I have purchased a beverage package however the internet does not show. Is that normal? Do they just know you have it and it doesn't show in your planner?

If you look in the Order History on the cruise planner for your sailing it should say "Deluxe Package and Voom one device". At least that is what mine says.

This is why mine looks like. We have one Deluxe at 20% off and then one of the Deluxe w/ free internet.

3c2f469bad28a64c9f5dd85019415e92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

Not sure what it should say, but I would bring anything you have in writing (email confirmation?) that indicates what you purchased, just in case.

Our offer doesn't say 'FREE Voom', it says 'Deluxe Package and Voom One Device', so maybe yours is different?? Ours is also Voom Surf and Stream so you may want to check and make sure your offer is actually for something different.

Also, using your numbers, you would be saving $3.55 per day. May not be a ton but times seven days $24.85. Money in your pocket if you are going to purchase the drinks and net anyways.

My apologies, it does say Surf & Stream in the description.

So as it is a 9 night sailing it would be AUD 31.95 cheaper than the two separate packages.

Just need to decide if I want to tie up AUD 1500 for 7 months.

On my Europe cruise in May the gratuities are included. I called and they confirmed. I also put it in my cart and there was no service charge.

I was planning to do coffee + internet for two + buying bottles of wine. The bottle I wanted was $42 + 18%. If I cancel the internet and coffee packages I bought and subtract from the $62 that comes out to $44 per day (gratuities included) for unlimited anything I want. For me, it comes out to 3 alcohol drinks + 2 coffee + bottled water to break even... and I am sure I will drink more than that!

Question: Anyone had success giving drinks to a friend? My friend is over 21, but probably wouldn't drink enough to make the package worth it for her. But if I have unlimited drinks, seems like I'd be able to give her a few drinks over the course of the cruise.

Question: Anyone had success giving drinks to a friend? My friend is over 21, but probably wouldn't drink enough to make the package worth it for her. But if I have unlimited drinks, seems like I'd be able to give her a few drinks over the course of the cruise.

If they catch you stealing drinks, they can terminate your drink package without refund. Would not be very brite.

Don't do this. You'll just screw it up for the rest of us. Royal is the only major cruise line that does not require both guests in the cabin to purchase the drink package.

Don't let your friends cheapest eff up a good thing for those of us who are honest and appreciate the beverage package.

Don't do this. You'll just screw it up for the rest of us. Royal is the only major cruise line that does not require both guests in the cabin to purchase the drink package.

Don't let your friends cheapest eff up a good thing for those of us who are honest and appreciate the beverage package.

Just wanted to know. I've cruised other companies where alcohol is included so I haven't had to figure this all out before.

Just wanted to know. I've cruised other companies where alcohol is included so I haven't had to figure this all out before.

The other reason I wanted to know was I heard on the podcast that some people will buy a suite for 2 people and an adjoining inside room for the other 2 in their party and just all stay in the suite. That was a cheaper way for them to do that so I I was thinking of other cost saving things.

But no worries. I'm checking with my cabin mate to see if she wants to buy the package or not while it's still up for our cruise.

We are sailing out of PR on the AOS in July. Just went to the cruise planner and saw offering deluxe drink with VOOM for $54/day. thought was good deal since getting two beverage packages and need two devices for medical purposes. The surf and stream had just gone up from 11.99 to 14.79.

Edited by Jbabineau23

Not to mention you are charged for 8 days - even though you aren't on the ship for most of Day 8 - just disembarking. Maybe you eat breakfast and maybe you get someone to serve you a drink and maybe you get on the internet - but most likely I would not so that day is paid for and not used either.

Truth....and the fact we're not heavy drinkers either. And, very seldom do we drink soda. To make it even, we'd both have to live like alcoholics for the 12 days out. There was one day though I started drinking at 9:30 am with peach bellini's and it took off from there, all day!

This turned out to cost me more money for my May Allure cruise. I've already purchased alcohol package for some in my party at the 20% off rate of $46 per day. Now, with the "free" Voom, it's $54 per day. So, they've taken away the 20% discount, but thrown in the free internet (which we don't really care about). What stinks is that my Cruise Planner only has the free voom option, not the 20% off beverage option, and I still need to purchase one more package.

Ok just caved and bought it for the two of us.. wasn't planning on getting voom for both but if it's a savings I'd rather not miss out and we were planning on getting it anyways. I had some obc to use as well ..I drink a lot of water on top of having the drink package etc. I guess it's worth it as well as we are in labadee one day so we can use it there. Now to decide if I want to get the soda package for my kids. My son usually drinks mostly water, he likes lemonade and my daughter will probably want the soda. Ugh more decisions