celebrity dress code help

glendale

Why do they have to make is so confusing? Why not just say something simple like "dressy night, we encourage you to dress up and show your best. But our regular dress code applies if you prefer not to dress up". It's not rocket science. Some people like to dress fancy some don't. It's fairly easy to accommodate them all without confusing terms like "evening chic".

Why do they have to make is so confusing? Why not just say something simple like "dressy night, we encourage you to dress up and show your best. But our regular dress code applies if you prefer not to dress up". It's not rocket science. Some people like to dress fancy some don't. It's fairly easy to accommodate them all without confusing terms like "evening chic".

A big like for this post. I am not certain why people get so wound up over what other people wear. There is a dress code to follow. Just follow that and enjoy yourself. I am more interested in the company than whether the person is wearing a full length evening gown or a skirt and blouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe that as long as someone is clean, neatly and nicely dressed - a pretty blouse/ironed long sleeve shirt and pants/skirt/dress, maybe throw on some jewellery for women and it is sufficient to meet the everyday and chic night code. One must realize that chic nights exist to market their onboard photo biz and sell pictures at exorbitant rates.

I am dealing with a health condition that I would not be comfortable and neither would anyone want to see me in a dress. Yet I can be comfortable and look nice at the same time in business casual. That is how I dress everyday, and throw on additional jewelry or scarf to make it more chic if necessary.

Let each person wear what he/she wants to as long as it meets the guidelines. If they want to overdress because they enjoy it, of course they are welcome to do so. But PLEASE do not impose your own wish on others to make it anymore dressier than what the guidelines are.

Just to be clear, when the Celebrity says dress shirts, it does NOT say "long-sleeved" dress shirts. There are both long-sleeved and short-sleeved dress shirts. I prefer to wear short-sleeved ones.

BTW, I did not realize Luminae does not have chic nights. I just read to him that Luminae does not folow chic nights rule and he just went oh well, he would not have packed his sports coat for our TA tomorrow if he had known. I had told him a sports coat was not a necessity but he had felt it was appropriate in view that there were some in full tux the last time we dined at the MDR and he was glad he had a sports coat on.

Point noted. Agree. My oversight.

Not a problem CEO. Someone else earlier in the thread said the same thing so I had not intended to single you out at all. As a matter of fact it seems that in almost every dress code thread some people write the same thing. It's just this sort of jumps out at me as I only wear short sleeve shirts all year long (even in our cold Canadian climate!) and even did so while working in a culture of ties and suits or sports coats.

Right - because certainly the food in the main dining room always tastes better on formal nights when people aren't wearing shorts and t-shirts.

It's my vacation and I'll wear what I want to (and I promise not to try to embarrass people by staring at those of you dressed in formal wear).

If you don't like the idea of wearing shorts and t-shirts in the main dining room then don't wear them.

i am still confused even after reading countless messages about the dress code for chic nights on celebrity cruises can anyone confirm if men have to wear a jacket on these nights please

Men do not have to wear a jacket on those nights.

Right - because certainly the food in the main dining room always tastes better on formal nights when people aren't wearing shorts and t-shirts.

It's my vacation and I'll wear what I want to (and I promise not to try to embarrass people by staring at those of you dressed in formal wear).

If you don't like the idea of wearing shorts and t-shirts in the main dining room then don't wear them.

Put on your flame proof jacket. . The fashion police here are coming for you. :)

You might be the only one wearing shorts and t-shirts in the MDR at dinner....... .If the Maitre D let's you in. :)

If God wills, grant you continued good health, so you may live and not die before your next cruise.

"I cruise to eat healthy, and to have a slice of apple pie everyday before I die"

Edited by Kingofcool1947

No it is still formal and a jacket is required. We just got off the eclipse on a 14 night cruise and it was called" formal chic" or something which was a curve ball since I didn't expect to have to wear a jacket , so didn't bring one... We ended buying a 3 diner package in the specialty venues which were more flexible... Very confusing.

See post #3. Not confusing at all if your read the Celebrity guidelines.

OTOH, what is it you don't understand?

I would have said trashy, not scruffy. Scruffy is Brad Pitt/George Clooney with a few days beard growth. Trashy was dining with the family with the loud mouth husband all dressed in shorts & T's. THAT'S trashy!

And, don't forget to wear your ball cap to complete the look.

To add, how about sharing a table with the loud mouth woman dressed in hot pants with high heels, and way too old to look good in them. ;)

Put on your flame proof jacket. . The fashion police here are coming for you. :)

You might be the only one wearing shorts and t-shirts in the MDR at dinner....... .If the Maitre D let's you in. :)

If God wills, grant you continued good health, so you may live and not die before your next cruise.

"I cruise to eat healthy, and to have a slice of apple pie everyday before I die"

Nobody's being fashion police but if you wear shorts, there is a very good chance you will not be allowed in the Main Dining room. Not an opinion but a fact. By the way, I don't care what you wear.

Does anyone besides me find these endless threads about clothing tedious? Cruiser 1 asks a question. Cruiser 2 answers, providing just the info requested. Then Cruisers 3 - Infinity have endless debates/judgements about what they think. YAWN!!!!:eek:

Nobody's being fashion police but if you wear shorts, there is a very good chance you will not be allowed in the Main Dining room. Not an opinion but a fact. By the way, I don't care what you wear.

FWIW, I don't care what you wear either. I couldn't care less. I will still enjoy my meal.

Besides, I enjoy the side show in the MDR. Lots of laughs at what PAX dare to wear.

Hope you have a nice day.

Enjoy your cruise, and if God wills, grant you continued good health so you may live and not die before your next cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

And, don't forget to wear your ball cap to complete the look.

To add, how about sharing a table with the loud mouth woman dressed in hot pants with high heels, and way too old to look good in them. ;)

Oh, wait! Was that me in drag? HMMMMM Could be! Kidding aside. I do pay good money to cruise(we ALL do)I just don't like it when I'm dressed nicely(not a tux etc. just nicely) for dinner & I see pax in shorts/t's/the flipped back ball cap, etc. & they feel it's "their" right to dress that way for the MDR & to hell with everyone else. If pax want to dress like that, fine, just eat in the buffet. I certainly will complain to the Maître D when I see pax trying to get into the MDR like that.

Does anyone besides me find these endless threads about clothing tedious? Cruiser 1 asks a question. Cruiser 2 answers, providing just the info requested. Then Cruisers 3 - Infinity have endless debates/judgements about what they think. YAWN!!!!:eek:

Maybe we could combine the fashion police thread with the tipping thread to determine if the unfashionables tip better than the Fashion police?

I'll bet the shorts and T-shirts crowd are better tippers while the fashion police are the same people who bitch about the added gratuity.

Oh, wait! Was that me in drag? HMMMMM Could be! Kidding aside. I do pay good money to cruise(we ALL do)I just don't like it when I'm dressed nicely(not a tux etc. just nicely) for dinner & I see pax in shorts/t's/the flipped back ball cap, etc. & they feel it's "their" right to dress that way for the MDR & to hell with everyone else. If pax want to dress like that, fine, just eat in the buffet. I certainly will complain to the Maître D when I see pax trying to get into the MDR like that.

You would not be the first person I've seen in drag aboard ship. LOL. :)

Just curious, have you ever complained to the Maitre D about PAX in t-shirt, shorts, flip flops, and ball cap (all or some) in the MDR, and did the Maitre D have a word them? And what happened the following evenings?

Maybe we could combine the fashion police thread with the tipping thread to determine if the unfashionables tip better than the Fashion police?

I'll bet the shorts and T-shirts crowd are better tippers while the fashion police are the same people who bitch about the added gratuity.

Sorry, Rigby, I'm a good tipper. I join the fashion police when I see pax dressed for a stop at the flea market, rather than a cruise. During the day, fine, but at night, is it really THAT hard to wear a sport coat or at "least" a dress shirt & nice slacks? We're not talking tuxes, just what I would hope most "normal" people would wear when dining at a nice restaurant & not the Golden Corral.

• Like 1

So your criteria for squealing is shorts, T-shirts and a ball cap? Anything else? Is a Fedora ok?

I wear jeans and a shortsleeve polo shirt - is that acceptable? How about on dress up night?

Why should anyone care what other people are wearing? How does it affect the taste of your meal? Why do you care? And why is it any of your business?

Sorry, Rigby, I'm a good tipper. I join the fashion police when I see pax dressed for a stop at the flea market, rather than a cruise. During the day, fine, but at night, is it really THAT hard to wear a sport coat or at "least" a dress shirt & nice slacks? We're not talking tuxes, just what I would hope most "normal" people would wear when dining at a nice restaurant & not the Golden Corral.

Oh please - give me a break. It's vacation. Why do uptight about what people wear? How does it affect the taste of your meal?

Is it really that hard to ignore how other people dress?

And you are saying that those who don't wear a jacket aren't "normal"? By your definition maybe.

ok, I have to ask because we find it really confusing, being that we are not American and the dress code is in American terms.... what is the difference between a button down shirt and a dress shirt. And what is a sports shirt?

Here in Australia, a dress shirt is a long sleeve shirt with buttons all the way down the front like you would wear with a suit. A sport shirt would be something with sport logos loudly emblazoned, so I'm guessing that not what they mean, and we don't use the term button down shirt at all.

I'm guessing one of these might be what we call a polo shirt, which is a collared shirt with two or three buttons, usually in a thick cotton, but it really is confusing.

ok, I have to ask because we find it really confusing, being that we are not American and the dress code is in American terms.... what is the difference between a button down shirt and a dress shirt. And what is a sports shirt?

Here in Australia, a dress shirt is a long sleeve shirt with buttons all the way down the front like you would wear with a suit. A sport shirt would be something with sport logos loudly emblazoned, so I'm guessing that not what they mean, and we don't use the term button down shirt at all.

I'm guessing one of these might be what we call a polo shirt, which is a collared shirt with two or three buttons, usually in a thick cotton, but it really is confusing.

I doubt that Americans would agree to a single definition of these vague terms, so don't feel that you are the only one unsure of what Celebrity means.

So your criteria for squealing is shorts, T-shirts and a ball cap? Anything else? Is a Fedora ok?

I wear jeans and a shortsleeve polo shirt - is that acceptable? How about on dress up night?

Why should anyone care what other people are wearing? How does it affect the taste of your meal? Why do you care? And why is it any of your business?

Shorts/t shirts/ball caps are fine for the day. At night they are only acceptable dress in the buffet. If you don't get stopped by the Maître D in the MDR, you would be VERY lucky. A Fedora is fine. I also wear one, but take it off when entering any of the rest. same with my jockey style hats. I just don't want my dining experience to come off as eating at a "trailer trash jamboree". Jeans & polo shirt are fine(decent jeans, not crappy ones). It's simple..How would you "normally" dress when you go out with the other half to a nice restaurant. When I say nice, I don't mean a night at the Sizzler!