Glorious Glory - Or is it? Let's find out together.

Jamericannn

Glad to see you're picking back up with your review. I have a tendency to take a little time off myself once getting back. Actually, I'm not even sure if I ever finished my thoughts on Vista. I'll have to go back and check! :D

So how does the ship rank amongst the others you have been on? Anything stick out as either really good or not so good? Looks like they had the waterworks leak fixed for you guys. That's a big relief. No other issues with it?

Just realized I did not answer all your questions. The Glory is a great ship. I will only compare it to the Carnival ships I've been on because it would be unfair to compare it to another line. It is ranked right up there because I would go on it again. Breeze is still my favorite Carnival ship. Maybe it's because I was on her when it was brand new. However, I would go on Glory again for sure if the itinerary is right. I like it as much as Dream and I have Dream next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just realized I did not answer all your questions. The Glory is a great ship. I will only compare it to the Carnival ships I've been on because it would be unfair to compare it to another line. It is ranked right up there because I would go on it again. Breeze is still my favorite Carnival ship. Maybe it's because I was on her when it was brand new. However, I would go on Glory again for sure if the itinerary is right. I like it as much as Dream and I have Dream next year.

You should do the Eastern route. I think you would enjoy it. Thanks for answering my questions. Guess I'll just have to go back and check out the hot tub (or lack thereof) in the spa area myself :).

I'll stop interrupting now so you can continue :halo:.

Did they have a Quest game on The Glory when you sailed? Apparently not all ships do the game but being such a hoot when on The Conquest last year I was so hoping there would be a Carnival Quest night. I don't know if you went so you'd know first hand but if you have the Funtimes it might be listed one night, very late... 11 or 12, in those.

Just curious since we leave this Saturday and I am so hoping to Quest again.

:DLoving your review and pics. It takes so much time and effort to post and answer questions, but I log in every night to read about peoples experiences on their cruises. We're going on the Miracle in 3 weeks and the Glory in September. Thank you so much for sharing!'

Enjoying your review very much. Just booked Glory for January - but for the "exotic" Eastern itinerary. Booked her more for the ship than the ports, which we have been to many times. Haven't been on her in around 5 years, so it should be interesting to see all the upgrades. Especially looking forward to the waterworks! Only 256 days to go...

Edited by pe4all

Would love your opinion on Camp Carnival. Our daughter is 4 and we're cruising Glory in September. This will be her second cruise ( First was Ecstasy but she was too young to remember). Did you take her to dinner in the evening or did she go with camp?

Would love your opinion on Camp Carnival. Our daughter is 4 and we're cruising Glory in September. This will be her second cruise ( First was Ecstasy but she was too young to remember). Did you take her to dinner in the evening or did she go with camp?

We took her to camp Carnival most afternoons but took her to dinner with us and after dinner we brought her back. 2 of the nights we left her there during dinner and Camp Carnival brought them to dinner. They had macaroni and cheese and nuggets. Not sure if they had more choices but that's what I was told they had.

My daughter loved it for the first 5 days. On the fifth day when we went to pick her up she ran to us so fast crying as if she couldn't get away fast enough. After that we could not get her to go. As soon as we got out the elevator on the 11th floor she was bawling very loudly and fighting not to go. When she saw one of the ladies that works there she was crying so loud we had to quickly get her on the elevator and back down in order not to disturb anyone. We tried the next day but the reaction was still the same. She also had a small cut in her nose from the night before when we picked her up but it was just very small and kids always gets scratches so we did not even think much of it. I asked one of the workers if she knew why my daughter's attitude towards camp had changed but she said she do not know why. All she said was that my daughter was crying for the most part on the 5th night. I did not mention the scratch or did not mention it to anyone other than the workers I asked if they know what happened why she did not want to go back. The bad thing is that she just turned 2 in March so she cannot speak properly as yet so she is not able to tell us what happened. It is just so surprising how she ran away from us excited on the first few days but after that we could not get her near the door.

I hope your daughter doesn't have that experience.

Enjoying your review very much. Just booked Glory for January - but for the "exotic" Eastern itinerary. Booked her more for the ship than the ports, which we have been to many times. Haven't been on her in around 5 years, so it should be interesting to see all the upgrades. Especially looking forward to the waterworks! Only 256 days to go...

Thank you. Waterworks is great and so much fun.

As you can see, the ship is pretty close to the Mahogany Bay Beach

ddcc8201837dc9eeb9a60a4fbc0321af.jpg

Check out grandma acting like she is a teenager. She is more agile than a lot of young people so it's hard to believe she is in her mid 80s. I am so happy to have finally taken her on a cruise with me. That's the coconut shed behind her

3092b39d83e022bf98bc55613eaa48b3.jpg

The day was well-spent even though I did not get to visit LFK. By the time we got back to the ship it was time to get ready for dinner.

View of where we were from our cabin window

755eb34605a2867f9ce8a5c78c1c7518.jpg

People getting back on the ship

a7ccfcc32fc87fec3eef6dc03ea084e3.jpg

Again the ship was late leaving because some people decided to venture far away and did not make it on time. We could see the frustration on the faces of the workers outside as they wait for the latecomers to get back on. The closed 2 of the three entrances and waited and waited. By the time the ship left we were already at our early dining and the ship was moving a few knots faster to catch up and we could definitely feel the rocking.

Dinner was awesome. I have read quite a few reviews about the food on the Glory not being hot or tasty. From my own experience that is so not true. I had a cup of soup and you could see the steam coming out of it. It was very hot and exactly what I needed. As a Jamaican, we love our food well-seasoned. I did not have a problem with the amount of seasoning/spice that was on the food at all. The mashed potatoes was Awesome with a capital A. It was the natural potatoes and not the packaged nonsense some restaurants serve.

Love those pics of the water! It was spitting snow here yesterday so I am more than ready for our turn on Glory. (And your grandma looks stunning!)

:DLoving your review and pics. It takes so much time and effort to post and answer questions, but I log in every night to read about peoples experiences on their cruises. We're going on the Miracle in 3 weeks and the Glory in September. Thank you so much for sharing!'

You are welcome. I wanted to get this done so everyone can read it without having to wait too long but I could not. So much catching up to do when you are away from work for a whole week.

Thank you for sharing!! Your grandmother is stunning! Envious of how youthful and stylish she looks; if we all could be so lucky.

Thank you CarrieAP. While walking with her you have to be prepared to walk fast.

Did they have a Quest game on The Glory when you sailed? Apparently not all ships do the game but being such a hoot when on The Conquest last year I was so hoping there would be a Carnival Quest night. I don't know if you went so you'd know first hand but if you have the Funtimes it might be listed one night, very late... 11 or 12, in those.

Just curious since we leave this Saturday and I am so hoping to Quest again.

I will check the funtimes for that. I kinda remember hearing it announced but I will double-check.

Love those pics of the water! It was spitting snow here yesterday so I am more than ready for our turn on Glory. (And your grandma looks stunning!)

Thank you Sparks1093. Yes the water was beautiful in Honduras. We could see stingrays in the water below from the flying chair. As you can see, they had the nice white sand.

The worst thing about Grand Cayman is that horrible wait to get back to the tenders. At least you made it there though, many times the weather is too bad for ships to even tender and the port gets missed completely. I have gotten to the point where I won't say I "disregard" the times that you have to be back for the last tender at some familiar ports but know that I do not have to get back early because there will still be a long line of pax to get back to the ship and it is not going to leave with those people in line and waiting for a boat. I think they make those times up to give people a guideline on when to begin to make their way back, not a hard time that they are going to leave, lol. I also think they pad the block times from port to port to allow for boarding delays that seem to happen more and more these days because even with a delay leaving most ports, they still make the next one on time or early without having to go too fast to catch up. In most cases that is, in extreme cases, they obviously would go faster to make up time if they were running really behind. The last few times I have left back out of GC, I have either gone to the parrot bar off along the fence in the port area for some local brews and snacks or just walked around the shopping area or sat on one of the benches and peoplewatched until the long lines died down some instead of standing up in the heat for an hour or more. Carnival usually is good about letting senior citizens and those with young kids to the front of the line though at least that has been my experience.

I am glad I did made it to GC because apart from the tendering, it was great. The new process made getting back on the ship not so easy though. I don't know if the workers are getting mixed messages whether or not to let an entire family with baby on or to only let the mother and father on with the baby.

We took her to camp Carnival most afternoons but took her to dinner with us and after dinner we brought her back. 2 of the nights we left her there during dinner and Camp Carnival brought them to dinner. They had macaroni and cheese and nuggets. Not sure if they had more choices but that's what I was told they had.

My daughter loved it for the first 5 days. On the fifth day when we went to pick her up she ran to us so fast crying as if she couldn't get away fast enough. After that we could not get her to go. As soon as we got out the elevator on the 11th floor she was bawling very loudly and fighting not to go. When she saw one of the ladies that works there she was crying so loud we had to quickly get her on the elevator and back down in order not to disturb anyone. We tried the next day but the reaction was still the same. She also had a small cut in her nose from the night before when we picked her up but it was just very small and kids always gets scratches so we did not even think much of it. I asked one of the workers if she knew why my daughter's attitude towards camp had changed but she said she do not know why. All she said was that my daughter was crying for the most part on the 5th night. I did not mention the scratch or did not mention it to anyone other than the workers I asked if they know what happened why she did not want to go back. The bad thing is that she just turned 2 in March so she cannot speak properly as yet so she is not able to tell us what happened. It is just so surprising how she ran away from us excited on the first few days but after that we could not get her near the door.

I hope your daughter doesn't have that experience.

Wow, that isn't what I wanted to hear.

My daughter is a daycare kid ( not bragging lol) so were not stranger to little kids beating each other up and the associated battle wounds.

That said, she's 4 and very vocal and very ready to tell anything that needs told.

Wow, that isn't what I wanted to hear.

My daughter is a daycare kid ( not bragging lol) so were not stranger to little kids beating each other up and the associated battle wounds.

That said, she's 4 and very vocal and very ready to tell anything that needs told.

Your daughter should be fine. I would send my daughter to camp again when she can talk. Lol

Day 5 - Belize (Best Excursion and Scariest event of the Cruise)

We had a really interesting day 5 from start to finish. Some people will say one of the event was actually pretty scary. Details to follow

The day started a little windy so it was harder than usual to get on the tender boats as they were really rocking. The lines have to stop a few times until the rocking eased down a little for people to go on. Anyways, we got on and took the long ride over to the city. Our excursion for the day was a tour of the city and a stop at the rum factory. This was a really informative tour and I got the opportunity to take great pics and learn about the country's history and culture.

This is what it looks like when you finally get some wifi (as we wait for our bus to come)

96ae32bdcdef5b71fed4f39a298f7599.jpg

The tour Guide Rene started the tour by giving a brief history of the city. I was surprised to learn that Belize is almost twice the size (8,800 square miles compared to 4,411 square mikes) of Jamaica but the population was about 1/8 of Jamaica (4.5 thousand compared to 3 million).

And the our begin

84f2b5d6e6b5cfaa9830e70037abbbff.jpg

As we drove out the city you could see the cultural mix amongst the people. No character was more distinct and visible as this guy below:

68c1b48c15fc2766818aac2399011f6b.jpg

History and information about Belize that we learnt. *For those who like history [emoji846]"

Belize's National Heroes and Benefactors day is celebrated on March 9th each year. The day is referred to by locals as Baron Bliss Day. Baron Bliss was a British traveler who ended up in Belize in January 1926. Bliss died just two months late, March 9, 1926. Before his death, he signed off on most of his wealth to be used to benefit the citizens of the country. This was about 1 million pounds. He was buried in the city by the shore and a lighthouse was later built over his tomb.

Baron Bliss Lighthouse

2ecbac4ac0967a76aaa508c65599f946.jpg

The city of Belize is TRULY devised between the haves and the haves not. On the north side is the wealthy folks while on the south side is the poor. Only a small bridge separates the north from the south but the difference in wealth is so dramatic. One thing both areas have in common is a coconut tree in their yard. According to Rene, you are not considered a true Belizian unless you have a coconut tree [emoji267].

Here are a few pics from the tour.

Homeless guy laying in the water bank even though it was 92 degrees out at 11am, sunny and humid

ca1003221d489cf0cb0bd4432a7605b6.jpg

The north side of the city in the distance

0b73f350e2cdb4ee5988a6b5834875e9.jpg

Iguana in Belize is as desired as steak is in the US. It is one of, if not the most expensive meat, in the market. However, not all iguana's are eaten. *personally I would not eat it*. The ones below are the spiny tails which are more aggressive and are not the ones that are eaten. We did not see any of the ones that they eat even though we drove slowly around the bushy areas trying to see one.

Spiny tail iguana at a local's gate absorbing some heat from the concrete

14e4967171884d6b93b72ae9811ae9f2.jpg

Another Spiny tail on a fence

9714ad5d822944dc042ae437ed43e7f0.jpg

A couple pictures two beautiful houses in the north side (rich side)

09bdee147d35649d676d0e635197fe8c.jpg

288dfe433e9df167a6253dd721db1696.jpg

The Prime Minister's House - North Side

b9b579856b8fa78d7fb363feae51ae19.jpg

Just before we crossed the bridge to the south side we stopped at the rum factory where I took advantage of the free shots. Let's just say I got more than my money's worth of drink in.

c4c2e5e9012285304dab78e5ba3cf305.jpg

Even Grandma got in on the action and of course posed for a pic

675f2eea9ec951aaf954c3c7d595f5ee.jpg

I didn't have to worry about the baby seeing daddy drinking away because as you can see she was disinterested

98d543e9c9c5c36961743cd73b959b16.jpg

I did not took any pictures of the south side on this camera but what I can tell you is that most of the houses there were built with old boards and there were several electric wires all over the place that were held up by pieces of sticks. We also noticed police making and arrest. One very big difference also is the number of people and cars on the streets. The North Side was quiet and there was hardly anyone walking on the street. The South Side was the total opposite.

We did not want to get stuck in long lines waiting to tender back to the ship as we did in GC so we left 2 hours before the last schedule tender. It certainly helped as we did not have to wait and the process was smooth.