Gold level free drink coupon for after 5:00 on last day

Sherun

What do you think is Carnival's reasoning for having it be after 5 on last day? Thoughts?

My bet is most here (especially those who whine about seemingly everything) will say it is because they want to give you as much time as possible to lose the coupon.

My take is they want your last night to be fun...and a free drink can only help that.

I think it's because they hope we will forget we have it! And that did happen to us once or twice....

I just don't understand the reason to wait until the last night after 5pm, except for that. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

I think it's because they hope we will forget we have it! And that did happen to us once or twice....

I just don't understand the reason to wait until the last night after 5pm, except for that. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

That did not take long!

They want it to be of no use to those who've purchased cheers. Or, they know people may be tired/already reached their capacity for drinking at that point in the cruise and think they'll have a smaller percentage use it. I personally wish it would be a "welcome back" drink you get at embarkation. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH and I have used our's that last sea day during the afternoon (about 2:00 or so), DS used his for soda a little earlier in afternoon. We have done this a few times and no one ever stopped us from using it.

Thanks for the heads up on earlier redemption time!!

It would be nice if we have already purchased the cheers program to have provided a coupon for something different. Basically I guess it would be of no use to us. My guess is they would still attempt to count it in your 15 drink a day limit too.

I guess I am one of the whiners, cause I think it should just be a free drink coupon with no restrictions. Come on, it's just a drink, Carnival. I tell them this on every survey or review that I do. A welcome back drink would be better than after 5 PM on the last night. We have tried to use the coupon earlier than 5PM & have been denied.

Next cruise we'll be Platinum, so then I'll complain that it has to be used at brunch. I think that was the restriction on Platinum's coupon- during a sea day brunch. At least we'll get to go to the Diamond/Platinum party, like we used to go to the "past guest" party.

I guess I am one of the whiners, cause I think it should just be a free drink coupon with no restrictions. Come on, it's just a drink, Carnival. I tell them this on every survey or review that I do. A welcome back drink would be better than after 5 PM on the last night. We have tried to use the coupon earlier than 5PM & have been denied.

Next cruise we'll be Platinum, so then I'll complain that it has to be used at brunch. I think that was the restriction on Platinum's coupon- during a sea day brunch. At least we'll get to go to the Diamond/Platinum party, like we used to go to the "past guest" party.

Yeah it has to be used at brunch just like the Gold coupon used to be before they changed it.

To me after 5 pm on last day at any location is way better than seaday brunch in the MDR only! I will agree with others though that the reason it is last day after 5 pm is to get a reduced redemption rate ;p! I just used mine before dinner on the Miracle right at the bar outside the dining room. Easy Peasy!

Technically, the Platinum/Diamond coupon has to be used before 1pm in the MDR. Many times we've ordered at/near the hostess stand. Not every day is a brunch, the longer cruises actually have a few days with actual MDR lunch menus.

From Carnival's point of view probably to lower the redemption rate. Good for bottom line.

From PR point of view a temporary problem, soon forgotten.

From my point of view, I enjoyed a fine Bloody Mary at brunch when that fit the guidelines. Now I enjoy a delightful Brandy Alexander the last night after facing the finality of packing.

Is it an actual coupon or is it on your card or what. Could you give it to someone else?

No. It's a coupon that has your name on it. They write your folio number down on it when they take your order. It will show up on your S&S account as a charge from the dining room and a $0.00 balance. You have to sign the receipt as well. But I suppose you could order the drink and give that to someone else.

I think another reason (in addition to the others already mentioned) is that the last night is probably a slow night at the bars anyway. If they let us use the free drink coupon anytime, most of us would probably use it the first day. The first day is probably one of their busiest times and everyone redeeming their free drink coupon may take away from the revenue of people buying drinks. Again, it comes down to money.

My bet is most here (especially those who whine about seemingly everything) will say it is because they want to give you as much time as possible to lose the coupon.

My take is they want your last night to be fun...and a free drink can only help that.

I would think if they really wanted you to have fun they would make it a welcome drink. Maybe after you have that free drink you might decide you would like to have another. You know kind of priming the pump.

So my take is they hope you never use it due to either forgetting about it, loosing it, or just busy that last night.