Question regarding price drops:

lockone

Hi all,

We sail on the Gem in 3 weeks! And the price has dropped on our inside cabin from $850 to $599. Should I call my TA in the morning and try to get some credit or a better cabin? Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this situation. Thanks, Lisa

You can call but since you are final payment, don't expect to get anything. The real question is what the cost is of an oceanview or a balcony? You can generally upgrade if the price of a higher level cabin falls to a price you are willing to pay - just keep in mind that if you have perks and are pricing out 'guarantee' cabins; you would lose your perks if you upgrade.

Looked at your sailing and it appears you can upgrade to an oceanview with perks for no additional money or a balcony for an extra $250 pp; if either of those interest you def call your TA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Price drops on remaining cabins are very common. However, the opposite is also true, higher prices frequently. These lower prices are just to fill with last minute cruisers. If your schedule is flexible, waiting to book can get you some bargains, but also might find sold out ship and no cabin available. Every cruiser experiences this. However, as mentioned, you TA can ask, but no obligations by NCL.

I tend to find the price drops reflect the category X's in general (which means no perks). If there are higher categories they are usually at least $200 more (or depending on the number in your party no longer available). But good luck. I have had luck with both a choice of upgrade or percentage of the difference in pricing. Be polite but persistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, I called my agent and they sent me a form for a price adjustment. Hopefully we will get upgraded to a nicer cabin. (We're really not that picky but what the heck, we paid for it!) ;)

Rather be on a ship, cruise to nowhere is just fine - instead of being at work, LOL.

Yes, we've been upgraded from OV-GTY to OV-K or similar (porthole) ... from higher deck (#8 AFT) to lowest deck (#4 FWD) Last time we did this on the GEM in 2012, was less than a week after Sandy, MCT was still on emergency generator power & lost heat, we sailed in a blinding blizzard of wet snow into an oncoming Nor-Easter storm, doing almost 25 knots in gail force cross-wind into & out of the eye. Overnight (for at least 12+ hours) - we had submarine view out into the raging seas with 30' to 45' waves, literally feel the bow rising out of the water & dropping ... it was a fun ride.

This weekend, we are going again but staying on deck 8, midship, LOL. Don't worry, plenty of company "down" below on deck 4, the ship's Communications Officer is nearby FWD with an Inside ... not difficult to find or miss as you walk down the portside corridor.

Rather be on a ship, cruise to nowhere is just fine - instead of being at work, LOL.

Yes, we've been upgraded from OV-GTY to OV-K or similar (porthole) ... from higher deck (#8 AFT) to lowest deck (#4 FWD) Last time we did this on the GEM in 2012, was less than a week after Sandy, MCT was still on emergency generator power & lost heat, we sailed in a blinding blizzard of wet snow into an oncoming Nor-Easter storm, doing almost 25 knots in gail force cross-wind into & out of the eye. Overnight (for at least 12+ hours) - we had submarine view out into the raging seas with 30' to 45' waves, literally feel the bow rising out of the water & dropping ... it was a fun ride.

This weekend, we are going again but staying on deck 8, midship, LOL. Don't worry, plenty of company "down" below on deck 4, the ship's Communications Officer is nearby FWD with an Inside ... not difficult to find or miss as you walk down the portside corridor.

So you experienced the "spin cycle" back in 2012.

Have a great trip - only a couple more days for you.

So you experienced the "spin cycle" back in 2012. Have a great trip - only a couple more days for you.
Thanks again, we are going to have a great time - was 4 of us, now 7 of us ... just realized, enough for our own minivan taxi to Coca Village.

Yes, DW and I were among the few brave souls doing breakfast in the MDR ... had to hold the handrails while walking with the slip & slide, it was fun. I like that "spin cycle" term (slow one) and I'm going to refer to that & credit you for it, LOL.

Just checked about an hour ago, BIL/SIL & her ISS had one bid expired but other bids accepted, going 2 decks lowered from their I1 to OA on deck 8 AFT. Another CC member on Roll Call got accepted, moving from BX to a 2Br Suite (non-Haven) but no words on a Villa bid by someone else.