Junior suite amenities

noppy

I will be in my first JS on Rhapsody. What are the amenities other than larger room and bathtub?

JS Perks on Rhapsody:

Bathtub

Priority check-in and boarding Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Silver Seapass card

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I just upgraded to a Jr Suite on Jewel - what are the bathroom amenities? do we have to ask for bathrobes? what is a silver sea pass- does it have magical powers or something?

Bathroom amenities are small containers of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash. You should get bathrobes automatically, but if not, mention them to the stateroom attendant. Nothing magical about the SeaPass card color, just different.

I just upgraded to a Jr Suite on Jewel - what are the bathroom amenities? do we have to ask for bathrobes? what is a silver sea pass- does it have magical powers or something?

Besides the bar of soap and shower gel, you get little bottles of shampoo and conditioner. There should be robes. If not, just ask. Silver card means nothing.

Bars of soap and little bottles of shampoo and conditioner like in a hotel. Robes should be in cabin. If not, just ask your steward. Alas, silver card means nothing really.

• 2 months later...
Sorry....but there is no walk-in closet in the JS on HOTS or Quantum class. This is the one feature about the JS that RCI should not have messed with and check out those tiny sliver's they call nightstands...Not a fan of the Quantum decor at all :eek:

Harmony of the seas Jr suites do have a huge walk in closet. I do not know about Quantum, but the quantum was one of our least favorite of 40 plus cruises. the bathroom also has a bathtub shower combo. IMO worth paying more for. I cannot stand walking into furniture in smaller cabins.

We will be on the Harmony of the Seas in October. We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary!!! :hearteyes:I am soooo excited!!

We have booked a junior suite. What is included in the suite? Is the coastal kitchen complementary?

Thank you for your responses!!!:D

Different layout on various ships but basic answer is hat a JUNIOR suite is not considered a suite on RCL or any line that I know of. It does not get suite privileges such as priority boarding etc. You do get to pay higher cabin steward gratuity rate usually. A tiny bit more room often. We book them on RCL mainly because my wife insists on having a tub for comfort in shaving legs and shower space. Junior suites used to be what was considered extended or enhanced balcony cabin. Some wiz guy suddenly said, hey add suite to the name we can increase $$$ Cats used be cat C, D, A then one day became Jr Suite Grand Suite Owners Suite. You require Grand suite or better to get any real difference.

George in NY

Different layout on various ships but basic answer is hat a JUNIOR suite is not considered a suite on RCL or any line that I know of. It does not get suite privileges such as priority boarding etc. You do get to pay higher cabin steward gratuity rate usually. A tiny bit more room often. We book them on RCL mainly because my wife insists on having a tub for comfort in shaving legs and shower space. Junior suites used to be what was considered extended or enhanced balcony cabin. Some wiz guy suddenly said, hey add suite to the name we can increase $$$ Cats used be cat C, D, A then one day became Jr Suite Grand Suite Owners Suite. You require Grand suite or better to get any real difference.

George in NY

Are you sure? We've only been billed $14.50 recently for Junior Suites.

That's simply wrong. You do not pay the suite gratuities and you do get priority boarding. I just happen to have my set sail pass here. Take a look.

That being said, the junior suite is not a full suite so you do miss out on a lot of perks. You also don't pay for them. I like the room. It has just enough space to be comfortable.

Enjoy your cruise. 0dc5ea41aa868292e11c7f01ffd041a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

JS Perks on Rhapsody:

Bathtub

Priority check-in and boarding Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Silver Seapass card

Though we checked in with the Suites, we did not have priority boarding with a Junior Suite on Rhapsody out of Tampa. Since boarding was just about to start, and I knew we wouldn't have long to wait, I didn't think much of it.

When we arrived home, I was curious, though, and double-checked the junior suite amenities (and I just now did again) on the reservation website, and priority boarding is not mentioned when looking at the full details section for junior suites, at least for the Rhapsody.

Sorry....but there is no walk-in closet in the JS on HOTS or Quantum class. This is the one feature about the JS that RCI should not have messed with and check out those tiny sliver's they call nightstands...Not a fan of the Quantum decor at all :eek:

Although the closet on Quantum class is not walk-in but it is huge with lights in it. There is also a smaller closet for hanging, has the safe in it and drawers on the bottom. We were never short on hanging space

We had booked a jr. suite on the Harmony back in January and I was all happy as clams till bob was kind enough to give me the low down on the jr suite perks. If you can swing the cash, upgrade to a grand suite as we did. 24 hour suite lounge with a great comp. expresso machine. Breakfast, lunch. and dinner in coastel kitchen. We spent a lot of time in the suite only deck that is above the solarium and has a private bar, shaded lounge areas, soft beds in the sun to relax on, towels that you don't have to check in and out, and they went around handing out fresh fruit and water at times. There are saved seats for most shows including the aqua shows. If you are stopping in Labadee a suite only beach and bbq which was wonderful and not crowded. Mats to float on at Labadee. The room itself was beautiful and was actually 2 rooms and a full bath.

Make sure after you check in at port they don't shuttle you off to your c&a color coded boarding pass area as 2 people tried to do to us but I kept pointing out we were in a grand suite and were finally taken to the suite waiting area where we had priority boarding.

It was worth it to us. At least once.

Almost forgot- comp. internet for 2 and sailaway on the heliport from labadee with ships officers

I agree I just love the grand suite. The only problem on the Quantum class the bathtub is so high and hard to climb out and in. ( limited mobility) I wish it has a walk-in shower.

Do the junior suite folks have to knock on the Coastal Kitchen door embarkation day to make their (possible) dinner reservations or could a specialty restaurant do it? Diamond Lounge Concierge??? Thanks, Linda

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do the junior suite folks have to knock on the Coastal Kitchen door embarkation day to make their (possible) dinner reservations or could a specialty restaurant do it? Diamond Lounge Concierge??? Thanks, Linda

My guess is that you would have to go to or call CK. There are so many people going in and out of the lounge on embarkation day, you should not have to wait very long to get in.