Soda/soft drink/pop brands

cherryharley

I have searched and can't seem to find out what brands of soft drinks are available on board Princess ships. I am sure it sounds petty to some but as a die-hard Coke fan, I always refuse Pepsi at restaurants and my best friend only drinks Mountain Dew. My cousin who will be cruising with me only drinks diet Dr Pepper. We just need to know if they need to bring their own supply on board. :D

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Club Soda and Tonic Water are on the guns and therefore on the Soda & More package.

Cans of Sprite Zero, Root Beer and Fanta Orange, as well as cans of the gun options, are available for purchase a la carte or in the All-Inclusive Beverage Package.

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Club Soda and Tonic Water are on the guns and therefore on the Soda & More package.

Cans of Sprite Zero, Root Beer and Fanta Orange, as well as cans of the gun options, are available for purchase a la carte or in the All-Inclusive Beverage Package.

As I recall they also had cans of ginger ale...Canada Dry but could be wrong about the brand.

My wife prefers Coke Zero which isn't available on the ship. When she finishes her 10 cans of Diet Coke in our complimentary elite minibar then she brings Coke Zero from shore.

Edited by Astro Flyer

[...]as a die-hard Coke fan, I always refuse Pepsi at restaurants and my best friend only drinks Mountain Dew. My cousin who will be cruising with me only drinks diet Dr Pepper.

Since Mountain Dew is a Pepsi brand, your friendship appears doomed. :o

And I have never seen Dr Pepper on any cruise ship as it is technically not affiliated with either Coca-Cola or Pepsi (though in some cities it is bottled at Pepsi plants).

So yes, your cruisemates better bring their own.

And I have never seen Dr Pepper on any cruise ship as it is technically not affiliated with either Coca-Cola or Pepsi (though in some cities it is bottled at Pepsi plants).

Glad I asked!

Most definitely bring your own. I'm a Dew drinker and there is no such beast onboard. No Dr. Pepper either. It's easy to just carry a 12 pack each in your carry-on luggage. Not a problem. I don't usually bring my Dew anymore though. I replace it by purchasing Bourbon or Scotch and it seems to work out well. :D

Depending on where you cruise, Coke products can be different. I'm a diet Pepsi nut but can & will drink diet Coke but have a hard time when the ship carries Coke Light, Coke One or some versions like it. Be aware that the taste from the fountain is different from the diet Coke in the can. The diet Coke from the fountain can even vary by the location of the bars. Not my imagination, many people have mentioned the same thing on different cruises. Also, diet Coke and diet Pepsi products in foreign countries will taste different than those in the USA.

Depending on where you cruise, Coke products can be different. I'm a diet Pepsi nut but can & will drink diet Coke but have a hard time when the ship carries Coke Light, Coke One or some versions like it. Be aware that the taste from the fountain is different from the diet Coke in the can. The diet Coke from the fountain can even vary by the location of the bars. Not my imagination, many people have mentioned the same thing on different cruises. Also, diet Coke and diet Pepsi products in foreign countries will taste different than those in the USA.

I don't think soda shot from bar guns ever tastes as good as soda from a container.

That's why it's better for me to purchase two cans of soda which cost the same as the soda only package...about $4.50. Even better since I don't often drink soda, when I do it's from cans or bottles that I bring on the ship.

I don't think soda shot from bar guns ever tastes as good as soda from a container.

That's why it's better for me to purchase two cans of soda which cost the same as the soda only package...about $4.50. Even better since I don't often drink soda, when I do it's from cans or bottles that I bring on the ship.

I don't think soda from cans tastes nearly as good as soda tasted when I was a kid and it only came in bottles. Man I loved soda from bottles. I also loved riding my bike down the alleys and picking up soda bottles. At 3¢ each I could pick up 3 of them and buy a full sized candy bar for a nickel with a penny left over for a jawbreaker. :D

I don't think soda from cans tastes nearly as good as soda tasted when I was a kid and it only came in bottles. Man I loved soda from bottles. I also loved riding my bike down the alleys and picking up soda bottles. At 3¢ each I could pick up 3 of them and buy a full sized candy bar for a nickel with a penny left over for a jawbreaker. :D

Ah yes...I remember getting an RC cola in a reusable glass bottle & maybe a MoonPie after my youth baseball games at the snack shack. ;p

I agree that the sodas I grew up with that used cane sugar as the sweetener were superior to those now using high fructose corn syrup. :(

You had a bike and an alley to ride it down? Luxury! We had to crawl down the middle of a busy street finding bits of broken glass to glue together with our own spit, just so we could get one bottle to recycle. And we liked it!

You had a bike and an alley to ride it down? Luxury! We had to crawl down the middle of a busy street finding bits of broken glass to glue together with our own spit, just so we could get one bottle to recycle. And we liked it!

Ahhhh... A Monty Python fan I guess. :)

We were so poor

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

Saw Dr Pepper one cruise, I think it was Celebrity, but may be wrong. Worst drink on earth in my opinion it tastes like cough syrup.

The biggest problem with gun soda is that they never seem to get the mix right.

I'm surprised it's so hard. I can often tell what bar it came from.

Ahhhh... A Monty Python fan I guess. :)

We were so poor

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

You had a bag?!? :D

As I recall they also had cans of ginger ale...Canada Dry but could be wrong about the brand.

My wife prefers Coke Zero which isn't available on the ship. When she finishes her 10 cans of Diet Coke in our complimentary elite minibar then she brings Coke Zero from shore.

I believe the ginger ale is Seagrams, which is a Coke product.

Most definitely bring your own. I'm a Dew drinker and there is no such beast onboard. No Dr. Pepper either. It's easy to just carry a 12 pack each in your carry-on luggage. Not a problem. I don't usually bring my Dew anymore though. I replace it by purchasing Bourbon or Scotch and it seems to work out well. :D

I guess that is an acceptable substitute! :whiskey-glass:

The biggest problem with gun soda is that they never seem to get the mix right.

I'm surprised it's so hard. I can often tell what bar it came from.

Wow not only do we have tall tale kings, we have soda snobs too! I thought I was the only one! I much prefer a can coke to a fountain drink, and agree the bottled drinks when we were growing up were the best.

Wow not only do we have tall tale kings, we have soda snobs too! I thought I was the only one! I much prefer a can coke to a fountain drink, and agree the bottled drinks when we were growing up were the best.

Not sure what you mean by soda snob, but I don't drink alcohol, and seldom drink coffee, so I can't see how my knowing if a soda gun is set up properly is any different than someone knowing where a wine came from or the year of its vintage.

Root Beer is also part of the soda & more package, you just get it by the glass not the can if you ask.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Have heard of Dr Pepper onboard ships that sail out of Texas.

The Mexican sodas use cane sugar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can at least verify that Royal Caribbean's Liberty, out of Galveston, had both regular and diet Dr Pepper on board last fall. In 2 liter bottles, no less. My wife and I worth both pleasantly​ surprised by this, as DDP is our go-to soda. Anthem had diet and regular Mr Pibb in the freestyle machines.