Haven't been to Labadee in 25 years...a few questions.

As the title says, haven't been to Labadee in 25 years! First time was our 25th anniversary on the Sovereign of the Seas.

Now we are cruising for our 50th anniversary with our family July 23 on the Allure.

I picked this ship and itinerary for our grandkids ages 10-15, with plenty for them to do.

They have reserved a few excursions already, but we have not.

We are not water/sand/beach people, so my first question is what type of options will we have for sitting and just relaxing? We don't want one of the cabana's, although that would be a great splurge.

This being a summer sailing, I know the ship will be filled with families and lots and lots of kids. I would like to hear experiences with the one hour rollercoaster excursion. The ride is just 3 min so I guess you can go as many times in that hour?

I'm sure I will have more questions as the family reserves more excursions.

TIA!

We are not water/sand/beach people, so my first question is what type of options will we have for sitting and just relaxing? W

Lounge chairs are free; find a shaded area not so close to the water and you will have more space as well.

Labadee will NOT be as you remember it! There are MANY different spaces to "hang out"...I would not pay for a cabana or any other "shelter", since you said you aren't "beach" people.....and those pricey things are totally on the beach! They have several "developed" areas for you to enjoy!

Lounge chairs are free; find a shaded area not so close to the water and you will have more space as well.

This was the answer I was hoping for. TY!

Labadee will NOT be as you remember it! There are MANY different spaces to "hang out"...I would not pay for a cabana or any other "shelter", since you said you aren't "beach" people.....and those pricey things are totally on the beach! They have several "developed" areas for you to enjoy!

LOL...I kinda figured that much! I remember some huge pavilion where they served lunch, a bar and had some kind of entertainment.

Looking forward to returning to Labadee, can't wait to see the kids reaction to all of it.

Thanks

This was the answer I was hoping for. TY!

LOL...I kinda figured that much! I remember some huge pavilion where they served lunch, a bar and had some kind of entertainment.

Looking forward to returning to Labadee, can't wait to see the kids reaction to all of it.

Thanks

Your reaction should be priceless too, its changed so much even since my first visit 11 years ago.

Speaking of Voyager , my first time was on Voyager. I like the pier, but will miss this view.

leavehati.jpg

Yep, that was always great view. My first Royal cruise was also on Voyager (hence my screen name) & she'll always be special to me!

Another option for shade & relaxing in a Bungalow at Columbus Cove. I forget if it's for 8 or 10 people, but only 1 person reserves it $250. It's near one of the BBQ areas (if it's open). The attendants will get drinks for you. Looking forward to our in a little over 2 weeks.

Yep, that was always great view. My first Royal cruise was also on Voyager (hence my screen name) & she'll always be special to me!

According to the forum, we joined cruise critic within a month of each other. When did you cruise on Voyager?

According to the forum, we joined cruise critic within a month of each other. When did you cruise on Voyager?

January, 2004 out of Miami. After sailing on the 109,000 ton Grand Princess a couple years earlier I didn't think I'd want to ever sail on a ship bigger than that (nice ship, but didn't like the layout). Then I saw a Travel Channel special on Voyager, decided I had to check it out & have never looked back. Have to laugh when some people call the Voyager Class ships small now!

Another option for shade & relaxing in a Bungalow at Columbus Cove. I forget if it's for 8 or 10 people, but only 1 person reserves it $250. It's near one of the BBQ areas (if it's open). The attendants will get drinks for you. Looking forward to our in a little over 2 weeks.

We are a group of 10, so this may be an option. Thanks for the suggestion.

Researched them and its for Grand Suites and above. We have a JS, so unless the upgrade fairy comes by.....:D