Adventure heading to dry dock in January 2018?

No reason was given. I would have rather taken the March 3rd cruise to get Bonaire, but the company would not budge.

So I was just able to book for Mar 3, same price and they're confirming the $200 obc. I had booked through an online travel agent and they were able to price match for us. What a relief!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I was just able to book for Mar 3, same price and they're confirming the $200 obc. I had booked through an online travel agent and they were able to price match for us. What a relief!

Did you get price protection for the March 3rd cruise? In other words, was the March 3rd cruise priced higher than your original cruise, but you got it at the original cruise price?

Did you get price protection for your March 3rd cruise? In other words, was the March 3rd cruise priced higher than your original cruise, but you got it at the original cruise price?

My agent was in the line with Royal as she spoke with me so I'm not sure if it was royal that price matched or whether it was just the fact that the travel company price for that sailing was the same.

We lost our original OBC. Only $50.00 but not the point. ????:eek:

I just changed a redeployment booking that had $50 from a promo that was no longer running and they moved it to my new sailing. I don't think you should lose your $50 because they cancelled your sailing

My agent was in the line with Royal as she spoke with me so I'm not sure if it was royal that price matched or whether it was just the fact that the travel company price for that sailing was the same.

I asked my travel agent to push for March 3rd yesterday, and Royal refused. I really don't want to ask her to try again unless I'm pretty sure someone else got price protection for March 3rd.

Edited by clarea

The email I saw said $200 per stateroom for standard staterooms, and $400 for suites. Of course, in typical RC fashion, they are not explicit that suites include JS in this case. Also, I'm not sure the OBC is given in addition to the price protection, that part is fuzzy too.

RC told my travel agent that JS qualifies for the $400 OBC. It is in addition to the price protection.

I am really unhappy about this cancellation since we'd originally booked a Navigator cruise that was chartered. I've got $800 in OBC now but on a ship and itinerary I am not as excited about. The price protected sailings didn't work well with our schedule.

The email I saw said $200 per stateroom for standard staterooms, and $400 for suites. Of course, in typical RC fashion, they are not explicit that suites include JS in this case. Also, I'm not sure the OBC is given in addition to the price protection, that part is fuzzy too.

Slow on a response to this.

We had a JS on our Feb 10 sailing and did get $400.

So that should add some data to what is happening.

I switched to one of the price protected sailing -- but no aft D1 or hump cabin. Will keep my eye on cabins and other sailings, once the flurry of activity slows down.

Thanks to all for experience and advice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was sailing with a group from my fire department. We had 25 balcony cabins. RC cannot accommodate us for that week. We all had airfare booked. We are sunk.

You and your group may have a little more leverage as first responders if this story hits the local news..... it may not help, but the local paper would certainly cover it and RC likes good press.

I'm curious to know if they will do a refresh on the cabins? Also, does anyone know the details on the new suite lounge? Is it heading to the old card room?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We had a group of friends with 5 cabins booked -- two promenade rooms and three balconies. The three balconies were next door to each other and the promenades were just a few doors down the hall.

We already had rooms booked in San Juan for 3 of the cabins so ended up booking on the Jewel leaving the next day. We aren't real happy about it because we booked the cruise for the port stops.

So after 2 hours on the phone and waiting another 6 hours for them to return a call after getting approval. The two promenades were upgraded to Ocean View on deck four. The balconies were kept next to each other on deck 8. So while they were able to accommodate us as best they could we lost our hump cabins to be moved farther forward in the ship than we like on a smaller ship with an itinerary that wasn't what my husband had his heart set on.

But the bright side we will still be sailing and on vacation.

$200 OBC really doesn't seem that much for the stress I went through coordinating all this and still stressed hoping everyone is really ok with the changes I was able to make.

I'm curious to know if they will do a refresh on the cabins? Also, does anyone know the details on the new suite lounge? Is it heading to the old card room?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

The suite lounge is supposed to take the space of the current Diamond Lounge, and the DL will move to the other side of Deck 14- to the card room/other room over there. For the most part, the DL will grow quite a bit from it's current spot.

Theoretically, the rooms should be refreshed. Because the big change is the ship is getting new cabins. Some on deck 4 where the dance lounge was, below the new Chops, some where the current CL is. And I can't really picture where the rest are. And I can't recall the number of new cabins, too- it's not insignificant.

The time should easily let the crew redecorate the cabins, though, especially since much of the rest of the ship was already done.

YIKES! We're on Adventure on February 17th! Just missed this issue! I feel for those who are impacted! I hope the dry dock finishes on schedule!

Indeed. We booked the same one as you while on the Liberty on January 21 and then changed our minds on the 31st and if we had not we would be on with you. We did it to save $490. Just so stupid. Face palm.

I need to discuss with my husband but I think that's what we will end up doing as well. But the airfare looks like it's about $100 more a person. We got married on Serenade in 2009 so it might be nice to be back on another ship like her. But we will definitely miss the Royal Promenade :( I agree with you about Aruba and Curacao. We visited them for the first time this past January and they were amaaaaazing! But we have Freedom booked for 2019 (think the same B2B you do) so we will have to wait to go back until then I suppose!

Is the OBC 200/person per week? I was thinking it was only going to be 200/week.

We are waiting another 55 days and going on Adventure to Aruba and Curuaco anyway. Love to hear what you loved about those stops. The only reason we booked this cruise was for Aruba. Hope we aren't disappointed. It's been a long, hard road. (One I NEVER anticipated traversing!)

Yup, that's us. We booked the Royal Suite on the Feb 3-10 AoS trip last year when the bookings opened. It is our 10 year anniversary. There is only ONE option with a RS available and our friends can't come with us because their kids have spring break that week. So, I'm bummed. And I just bought our plane tickets a couple weeks ago. So, it looks like we're going to do another cruise line. Celebrity or Oceania are our two choices right now, but also considering Sea Dream. That benefit is we can still use our plane tickets :-) There are worse things that can happen, but I'm still incredibly disappointed.

Love to hear back on what you decided and how your experience is. Loyalty goes both ways and mine is wavering.

We are waiting another 55 days and going on Adventure to Aruba and Curuaco anyway. Love to hear what you loved about those stops. The only reason we booked this cruise was for Aruba. Hope we aren't disappointed. It's been a long, hard road. (One I NEVER anticipated traversing!)

Here is a small review from our cruise January 2017. Down towards the bottom will be Aruba and Curacao! Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2455277&page=2

Here is a small review from our cruise January 2017. Down towards the bottom will be Aruba and Curacao! Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2455277&page=2

thanks a million I need to be able to get excited again!!! I had spent hundreds of hours researching this itinerary and wasn't going to be thwarted. LOL