Adventure heading to dry dock in January 2018?

The suite lounge is supposed to take the space of the current Diamond Lounge, and the DL will move to the other side of Deck 14- to the card room/other room over there. For the most part, the DL will grow quite a bit from it's current spot.

Theoretically, the rooms should be refreshed. Because the big change is the ship is getting new cabins. Some on deck 4 where the dance lounge was, below the new Chops, some where the current CL is. And I can't really picture where the rest are. And I can't recall the number of new cabins, too- it's not insignificant.

The time should easily let the crew redecorate the cabins, though, especially since much of the rest of the ship was already done.

Do you know where Izumi is going or what it is taking the place of?

Do you know where Izumi is going or what it is taking the place of?

At one point it was mentioned that Izumi would go into the space where the sports bar is on the Royal Promenade.

We just rebooked our Adventure Feb 10 to Freedom November 25. I can't go in March or January and the Jewel wasn't going to be my first choice, because we are on her this summer.

We were very specific about the itinerary we wanted to be honest. We were lucky we haven't booked the airfare yet, so we are pretty flexible, but wanted that itenerary.

We upgraded from a GS to an OS, too, and got $400 OBC. The price difference was $40 for the GS and about $800 for the OS upgrade so I took that - net to us is $400, so no worries. The guy I spoke with was great. It's not his fault and I bet a lot of people call angry. I sure would be if I had already got the plane tickets!

I'm on the phone right now about the Feb10 '18 cruise- right now, it looks as if it's been shortened to 5 nights, starting on Feb 12. So still Valentine's day.

(the Jewel on Feb 11 isn't available, as it's contracted out- so it's good we didn't keep that cruise.)

My coworker is on 2/11/18 Jots following the cruise we did this year, as still has the cruise afaik, is this info about it contracted out new news?

I am extremely unhappy about this. We are travelling with another couple and we both booked airfare already. Forgetting the charges from the airline to change the flight, Royal cannot accommodate us on any of the three dates we choose that they are offering. We require a handicapped room and the only option available is for Feb. 18th and I am booked on Anthem already on that date going with family.

I have been very loyal to Royal and this experience has been a nightmare. I called the special number that was posted and the agent was rude and would not even help me to determine if handicapped rooms were available since I booked through a travel agent, who happens to be on vacation this week.

Very disappointed, since we booked this trip last May to get the best price and cabin we need.

Yup, that's us. We booked the Royal Suite on the Feb 3-10 AoS trip last year when the bookings opened. It is our 10 year anniversary. There is only ONE option with a RS available and our friends can't come with us because their kids have spring break that week. So, I'm bummed. And I just bought our plane tickets a couple weeks ago. So, it looks like we're going to do another cruise line. Celebrity or Oceania are our two choices right now, but also considering Sea Dream. That benefit is we can still use our plane tickets :-) There are worse things that can happen, but I'm still incredibly disappointed.

Don't overlook the fact that RCL will reimburse you for airline change fees. Fine print reads, "If you incur a fee due to the change in your airline reservations, you will be reimbursed up to $200 per person, for Domestic Flights & $300 per person, for International Flights."

Don't overlook the fact that RCL will reimburse you for airline change fees. Fine print reads, "If you incur a fee due to the change in your airline reservations, you will be reimbursed up to $200 per person, for Domestic Flights & $300 per person, for International Flights."

Yes they will give you $200 but flights have gone up since then over $150 a person. It might also be the fact that we are changing from flying on Saturday to Sunday. :mad::(

I asked my travel agent to push for March 3rd yesterday, and Royal refused. I really don't want to ask her to try again unless I'm pretty sure someone else got price protection for March 3rd.

I can confirm that one can receive price protection and onboard credit with a rebooking to Adventure's March 3, 2018 sailing to the ABCs.

I can confirm that one can receive price protection and onboard credit with a rebooking to Adventure's March 3, 2018 sailing to the ABCs.

How were you able to get price protection on the March 3rd cruise?

The suite lounge is supposed to take the space of the current Diamond Lounge, and the DL will move to the other side of Deck 14- to the card room/other room over there. For the most part, the DL will grow quite a bit from it's current spot.

Theoretically, the rooms should be refreshed. Because the big change is the ship is getting new cabins. Some on deck 4 where the dance lounge was, below the new Chops, some where the current CL is. And I can't really picture where the rest are. And I can't recall the number of new cabins, too- it's not insignificant.

The time should easily let the crew redecorate the cabins, though, especially since much of the rest of the ship was already done.

So there will be no CL? Just the SL and DL from what it seems? The Oasis has a SL and a DL but no CL so it seems that's where things are going. D+ and D will be in the DL and P's and Suites in the Suite lounge evidently..

So there will be no CL? Just the SL and DL from what it seems? The Oasis has a SL and a DL but no CL so it seems that's where things are going. D+ and D will be in the DL and P's and Suites in the Suite lounge evidently..

That change has been happening for a few years, now.

• 4 weeks later...

Received my $400 reimbursement for my airline change fees. Very straightforward. Took about three weeks. Disappointment in losing our Valentines Day cruise, yes. Satisfied with the way RCCL handled the change, mostly. Onward to Jewel in January!

• 2 weeks later...
Received my $400 reimbursement for my airline change fees. Very straightforward. Took about three weeks. Disappointment in losing our Valentines Day cruise, yes. Satisfied with the way RCCL handled the change, mostly. Onward to Jewel in January!

Original 13 Jan sailing AD (perfect location JS) recommendation w/price protection 21 Jan Jewel

Mine is not so good, sent original email with receipt for Airline change fee on 27 Apr no response, another email on 5/11 no response, follow up call on 5/24 customer service had no ideas what to do, finally determined wasn't the folks to deal with it that rcvd the email (nice of them to let me know). New email to another address on 5/24, again no response. Called on 5/13 talked with 3 different people 45 minutes total time, seems 2nd email was correct, but still buried in a mail box, located and put on a list to prioritize refund.

Probably biggest concern/complaints with this process was the original wrong email address and then lack of available JS to chose from on price protected sailing. Anyway the current price of those protected sailing JS were almost double what i had originally booked for so overall with $400 OBC i can live with this little aggravation. I always try to be polite and patient, so waiting another couple of weeks before calling back again.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone got more than $200pp reimbursement considering the air price increase?

Doubt you'll have much luck in getting more than $200. We've been having difficulty finding reasonable fare from WAS-SJU. Might want to consider setting up a "price alert" with one of the travel sites - and get notified once flights on your routing hit a certain price point.

• 4 weeks later...
Where was the fumes of glue? Adventure is only getting a resturant I think. Would that be better? What was being done to Liberty?

Also, since this is a transition cruise would the entertainment be watered down?

Adventure will be getting Izumi on deck 5, a Suite Lounge on deck 13, and cabins mainly on deck 12. There could possibly be more things added. LIberty's dry dock was a bit more elaborate, but there's always a chance that some of Adventure's work might not be finished.

There shouldn't be much of an impact on entertainment.