Corkage. Fees

Knighthunter

It's in the FAQ.

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00 USD

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00 USD

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I saw that and had myself convinced it's only good for embarkation day...... another set of eyes and a different look.... thank you.

Confusing at best. I posted the FAQ's from the NCL site that I copied and pasted below that states that any alcohol bought at a port of call will be collected and saved until you are able to pick it up at the end of the cruise.

As suggested, I went to the FAQs and after some digging I found the answer. Yes you can restock at any port, just declare it and they will move you to another person who will charge your cabin.

Can I bring water or soda on board?

Effective for sailings July 15, 2016 and beyond, guests are prohibited from bringing any beverages -- including liquor, beer and non-alcoholic drinks such as water, soda and juices -- on board either as carry-on or checked luggage, with the exception of purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers for use in conjunction with medical devices or for the reconstitution of infant formula; and fully sealed and/or corked wine bottles for personal consumption onboard that is subject to screening and a corkage fee (for guests 21 years of age or older). Open beverages of any kind must be consumed or discarded at the security check-point, on embarkation day and at any port of call. This revised policy brings the company in line with other best practice travel security protocols and reduces the need for individual time consuming screening and package inspection of large volumes of beverages.

Why the change in policy?

The inspection of large volumes of beverages has an impact on the embarkation process and security resources. As one example, guests who attempt to smuggle alcoholic beverages onboard often try to do so in beverage containers. This means all beverages must be personally screened, taking both time and dedicated personnel.

This modified policy will now bring us in line with other travel industry procedures for transporting beverages and allow security personnel to focus on other screening efforts and not individually inspecting all beverages being brought onboard.

What if I purchase a beverage in a port of call?

Guests will not be permitted to bring any beverages onboard the ship in ports of call and any locally-purchased beverages will be disposed of prior to embarkation. No open containers of beverages, including water, will be allowed onboard during a port of call.

If you purchase any alcohol at one of our ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, we will safely store your purchase and either on the final night of the cruise or the morning of debarkation it will be available for pick up in a designated area.

What happens if I bring a case of water to the ship?

Guests who bring beverages to embarkation will be directed to return the items to their vehicle. If the guest does not have a vehicle onsite, the items will be disposed of.

If I need to bring water or milk onboard for a medical reason or infant, what’s the process?

Guests who have special needs, medical requirements, or families with infants who require water for formula or milk, should contact the access desk at accessdesk@ncl.com to verify if an exception can be made for their beverage and to obtain pre-approval to provide to security at embarkation.

Is the water onboard safe to drink?

All of our ships produce water in accordance with the guidelines and requirements as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Center for Environmental Health.

Can I still bring wine on board?

Yes, guests may bring sealed bottles of wine on board for personal consumption. They will be checked prior to embarkation and a corkage fee applied at that time of $15.00 USD for a 750 ml Bottle or $30.00 USD for a 1,500 ml Magnum bottle. Box wines are not allowed on board. If guests do not wish to pay the corkage fee, the wine will be held onboard and returned to the guests at the end of the cruise.

Why can I bring wine but not other beverages?

As very few guests bring wine onboard, the team is able to easily and quickly screen these items.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by gwsster

Confusing at best. I posted the FAQ's from the NCL site that I copied and pasted below that states that any alcohol bought at a port of call will be collected and saved until you are able to pick it up at the end of the cruise.

Thx.... I'm back to my original understanding that bringing wine on board is only acceptable at embarkation...... ugh

It's that NCL uses "alcohol" in one section and distinguishes wine separately yet speaks of "alcohol" as a blanket use in another.. No big deal to me either way but if I happen to find a bottle to try I'd like to know the expectations of what will happen

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Thx.... I'm back to my original understanding that bringing wine on board is only acceptable at embarkation...... ugh

It's that NCL uses "alcohol" in one section and distinguishes wine separately yet speaks of "alcohol" as a blanket use in another.. No big deal to me either way but if I happen to find a bottle to try I'd like to know the expectations of what will happen

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

It is confusing. They don't allow ANY beverages to be brought on board in a port of call; they will discard any water, sodas or non-alcoholic beverages. That's pretty clear. Then they say any alcoholic beverages will be stored until the end of the cruise. That's always been my understanding too, and I swear they used to have it more clearly defined.

As far as I know, only DCL allows you to bring on wine at a port of call. They limit you to 2 bottles at embarkation and 2 at each port. I don't recall if they charge corkage if you don't have it served at dinner, but I seem to remember their corkage fee is $25. Princess and NCL allow you to bring on as many as you like at embarkation, with NCL charging corkage on every bottle and Princess waiving the charge for the first bottle.

hi, I read somewhere on here that we can bring bottled wine onboard. To consume in our cabin or even at dinner. A corkage fee was mentioned, does anyone know how this works, how much and where it applies?

Thanks

If you consume the wine in your cabin there is no corkage fee. However, if you take your own bottle to the dining room for dinner most ships will charge from $12.00 to $20.00 corkage fee for opening and serving you your own wine. Exception; if you receive a bottle of wine as a gift from the ship, no corkage fee will apply.

If you consume the wine in your cabin there is no corkage fee. However, if you take your own bottle to the dining room for dinner most ships will charge from $12.00 to $20.00 corkage fee for opening and serving you your own wine.

Completely wrong answer. Read through the thread before posting please.

If you consume the wine in your cabin there is no corkage fee. However, if you take your own bottle to the dining room for dinner most ships will charge from $12.00 to $20.00 corkage fee for opening and serving you your own wine. Exception; if you receive a bottle of wine as a gift from the ship, no corkage fee will apply.

Completely 100% false information..... corkage fee is charged regardless of where you consume it whether it's in stateroom, dining room, pool side, lounge area or head..... post #24 actually has the NCL policy.

Completely 100% false information..... corkage fee is charged regardless of where you consume it whether it's in stateroom, dining room, pool side, lounge area or head..... post #24 actually has the NCL policy.

Your wrong. Check Princess and Celebrity you can take wine on board and consume in cabin with no corkage

Your wrong. Check Princess and Celebrity you can take wine on board and consume in cabin with no corkage

The question is about NCL so this is useless information. Read the OP's question.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The fact I actually said "NCL policy" and you continued to be adamant in your answer is admirable showing your conviction in what you believe....... ☺

I now know why I switched to other cruise lines. America's cup and NCL's dates in Bermuda were the only reason i went back, THIS TIME, to NCL. I agree with corkage in dining room for sure. When I bring a bottle opener (cork screw) with me for wine in cabin its pure theft taking a fee for that.

I now know why I switched to other cruise lines. America's cup and NCL's dates in Bermuda were the only reason i went back, THIS TIME, to NCL. I agree with corkage in dining room for sure. When I bring a bottle opener (cork screw) with me for wine in cabin its pure theft taking a fee for that.

A corkage fee on a ship (as well as at land restaurants) isn't levied because they open for you!

A corkage fee, anywhere, is just a term for a service charge to make up for the lost revenue of you bringing your own wine.

100% wrong on all counts. Corkage applies to all wine regardless of location consumed and regardless of source.

Please check your facts so that you don't offer "bad advice". Or don't offer advice.

Please don't respond with information from Princess or Celebrity to a question about bring wine onto an NCL ship. Best not to contribute if you give out "bad advice"