I need help booking our next cruise please.

Thank you so much for your input, I really appreciate your posts, everyone :)

It sounds like we need to consider Carnival.

At the moment I'm back to thinking of Celebrity Solstice. Regarding the aqua rooms with Blu dining, I've read some reviews saying those rooms are really noisy. Is anyone happy to share personal experiences?

There are A2's aft on deck 11 that should be quiet as they are under cabins on deck 12. The others are under the pools, spa and fitness centre. If you could get one of the A2's just aft of the atrium lifts that would be a great spot I think.

Hi CupcakeSuzie - my vote would also be Celebrity Solstice. Hubble and I spent 28 days on her last April, Sydney to Vancouver, and have booked the same trip for 2019. She is a stunning ship, in great condition, fantastic staff, awesome shows and the Aqua staterooms are wonderful. Dining in Blu is a real treat. We also flew to Auckland in February and cruised home on Solstice, for us Solstice is definitely a great choice. We have also cruised on many Princess ships and have enjoyed every one of them! Whatever you choose, have a wonderful time. Vicki.

We took the guarantee gamble I spoke about on the last page and our cabin allocation is pretty good. Definitely worth saving almost $900. It's on Explorer again, and back to the South Pacific.

But I'm still on the hunt for something new and different for another cruise. I think Celebrity Solstice sounds great. Just have to find an itinerary to suit us.

Just in case anyone is interested, it took about 5 weeks for them to assign the cabin this time. Last cruise it was about 2 weeks.

We took the guarantee gamble I spoke about on the last page and our cabin allocation is pretty good.

Glad you are happy with the cabin allocation, and that it came through quickly. We did book one of the balcony guarantee cabins on the free upgrade sale, but when I logged in and saw oceanview gty on the booking I wasn't prepared to take the risk, so I cancelled it. When I did the booking the wording on my invoice was x gty which always is for a balcony gty.

I know other people on here and other sites were saying it would be allocated as a balcony, but, while I am a big Royal/Celebrity fan, I do get sick of these sorts of glitches and I was not in the mood to risk it. I booked a cabin of my choice a few days later. Little bit more to pay, but also we have health reasons why we don't like to be walking too far, so the gty was booked with a bit of hesitation in the first place.

I am pleased you have gotten lots of advice and booked something nice :)

We did book one of the balcony guarantee cabins on the free upgrade sale, but when I logged in and saw oceanview gty on the booking I wasn't prepared to take the risk, so I cancelled it. When I did the booking the wording on my invoice was x gty which always is for a balcony gty.

We booked a few weeks ago for Voyager in Nov in the free upgrade sale (Balcony Gty)& saw what you saw - online it said OV gty. I checked the docs emailed & it said X-Gty, so I figured it would be ok & let it run it's course.

Within about 10 days I checked again online & we had been issued a cabin# & then soon after new docs arrived with "D3-6220 Superior Ocean View Strm w/Bal" so all good :D

We took the guarantee gamble I spoke about on the last page and our cabin allocation is pretty good. Definitely worth saving almost $900. It's on Explorer again, and back to the South Pacific.

But I'm still on the hunt for something new and different for another cruise. I think Celebrity Solstice sounds great. Just have to find an itinerary to suit us.

Just in case anyone is interested, it took about 5 weeks for them to assign the cabin this time. Last cruise it was about 2 weeks.

We also are Celebrity fans. We just booked for Mar 2018 a cruise on Solstice Perth/NZ/Sydney including flight from Sydney to Perth 16 nights + 1 night hotel stay in Perth. $7200 for two of us. Veranda #6301.

Just after we booked, friends called us to say they had booked Ovation OTS Sydney/New Zealand/Syd for December this year. So we're going on that one too.