Just back 4/22 Summit

jakzak10

I was also on this cruise and I enjoy reading everyone's comments and opinions.

Hey, it's Marietta.. We are going on the Summit July 7th. Join Us???

We were on her six years ago, wondering how she is holding up. Sounds like you had a good cruise....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Celebrity has slipped. We ate in the Oceanview Cafe each morning...room temperature bacon, sausage and waffles every day! Best thing for lunch were the hamburgers, pasta sauce was awful, so watered down and tasteless we couldn't finish any plate with this sauce on it.

Cabin 9051 was a real nice cabin. The only noise we heard was the last morning before disembarkation the only downsize is that it is a walk to the aft elevators which is the easiest way to access blu on deck 5. Next year we booked an aft on 11 but I would take 9051 again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Celebrity has slipped. We ate in the Oceanview Cafe each morning...room temperature bacon, sausage and waffles every day! Best thing for lunch were the hamburgers, pasta sauce was awful, so watered down and tasteless we couldn't finish any plate with this sauce on it.

This was about my 15th cruise but my first on Celebrity so I can't say whether or not it has slipped. However, I thought everything about the cruise, including the food, was great. Everything I had to eat in both the MDR and Oceanview was better than some of the stuff I have had on Carnival and Royal Caribbean.

What was that wet stuff that fell on me from the sky several times?

Hopefully it wasn't someone from the deck above you.

You could be right though. I did get hit with four drops of rain when we were on Maho beach. I got sun burnt like heck that day.

Cabin 9051 was a real nice cabin. The only noise we heard was the last morning before disembarkation the only downsize is that it is a walk to the aft elevators which is the easiest way to access blu on deck 5. Next year we booked an aft on 11 but I would take 9051 again

We are in 9046 across the hall - leaving on Sunday. Looking forward to your review~

We were on this cruise. Had a great time. It was our first cruise on Celebrity so I have no past to compare it to but we thought the food was fine. We I had hot pancakes, omlets or eggs every morning. Really like the cook to order sandwichs back by the rear bar and the burger stand for lunch. Blu at night was good.

The chic nights I wore a coat and tie in Blu and I was in the minority. More people in just button down shirts no tie than I expected. Our last cruise was on the Escape and I left the coat and tie at home. Next cruise on Celebrity I will do the same.

We did have a pretty good rain storm one afternoon but the weather was good.

We have been on the big ships at Rccl and NCL and Princess and we really enjoyed the smaller Summit.

I was also on this cruise. Service was excellent. Food and service in Luminae great. Captain Kate was a hoot and widely available around the ship. Her talk on the bridge was the most interesting one I've heard, and I've been on many bridge tours. No propulsion issues. She said they replaced the entire pod in the drydock. She also said that Celebrity is not selling any M class ships, contrary to other posts on these boards.

We did Summit to Bermuda the last two years and what you propose is fine.

We last sailed to Bermuda last August on the Summit. Most people did dress up- not jeans- Saw men in shirts, ties, slacks and some with or without jackets- even some more formally dressed- with shoes- didin't see sneakers. Ladies wore what I would term cocktail attire- some slacks and fancy tops, others dresses or skirts- saw a few long dresses also.

I would suggest that you bring comfortable clothes and slacks - save the jeans for other nights. However it is your cruise- but you asked for opinions. We will be sailing again this August on the Summit and will bring country club aka cocktail party attire for the formal nights- and more casual attire for the other evenings.

Enjoy

Hey, it's Marietta.. We are going on the Summit July 7th. Join Us???

We were on her six years ago, wondering how she is holding up. Sounds like you had a good cruise....

Hi Marietta! How are you?

We may do a cruise in July but not sure yet about the dates. Looking for that last minute deal like we usually do in July. It would be great to see you again! Hope you are aware that you will be Elite on Celebrity (by way of your Diamond status on Royal) and will get to enjoy all of the Elite perks.

Sorry you thought it was so bad. We had a very different experience in Oceanview. No complaints at all with the food.

We were on this cruise as well. It was our first time on Celebrity. We were very impressed with the food. I did take issue with the water glasses in the MDR. In one sitting the glass slipped from my hand and spilled all over the table. The next night they gave me a stemmed water glass. Thoughtful.

The scrambled eggs at the omelette station were always cold but the omelettes were great! We ate at Tuscan Grill one night. It was VERY good. We really enjoyed this trip and look forward to sailing Celebrity again.

I was also on this cruise. Service was excellent. Food and service in Luminae great. Captain Kate was a hoot and widely available around the ship. Her talk on the bridge was the most interesting one I've heard, and I've been on many bridge tours. No propulsion issues. She said they replaced the entire pod in the drydock. She also said that Celebrity is not selling any M class ships, contrary to other posts on these boards.

We were on this cruise as well and I agree the food and service in Luminae was very good. Capt. Kate was very informative, entertaining and approachable. The bridge tour was the best we've had.

The food we had in Oveanview was usually good, my 14 yo son had his dinner there each night so he could hit the xclub and skip Luminae and the food I sampled was good and warm, but now and then a certain dish would be a miss but I find that's to be expected sometimes and you just get something else. The sandwich bar and grilled to order fish/chicken/kabobs/etc at the back of the cafe were very good and usually not too crowded. We ordered breakfast room service every day (left the order form out the night before) so did not experience Oceanview for breakfast. The hamburger grill on the pool deck was a hit with DH and son. If you are in a suite the afternoon tea in Michaels was excellent.

Julie

Hi Marietta! How are you?

We may do a cruise in July but not sure yet about the dates. Looking for that last minute deal like we usually do in July. It would be great to see you again! Hope you are aware that you will be Elite on Celebrity (by way of your Diamond status on Royal) and will get to enjoy all of the Elite perks.

I haven't sailed on Celebrity yet but my TA told me my Royal Caribbean status did not carry over to Celebrity. Although originally she said it did. Has something changed? I sure hope so.

We are so excited about our upcoming Summit cruise.

I haven't sailed on Celebrity yet but my TA told me my Royal Caribbean status did not carry over to Celebrity. Although originally she said it did. Has something changed? I sure hope so.

Find a new TA who knows what's what. Your status is reciprocal, but you must be registered with each club.

Your TA is mistaken. Simply call the Captain's Club at 800-760-0654BsAt4ube4GblQIAAAAASUVORK5CYII= with your Crown and Anchor number handy and they will enroll you with a Captain's Club number at the equivalent level, (Diamond = Elite).

Happy Sailings!

Pat

Your TA must be mistaken. Or perhaps he/she meant that when you travel on Celebrity, the points you get for your Celebrity (or Royal) cruise can only stay in your Celebrity ( or Royal) Captain's Club (or Crown & Anchor Account) account. But you can enjoy the same status (and tier benefits) on Celebrity as your equivalent Crown and Anchor status on Royal.