Carnival Pride Formal Night experience

Greetings,

I am sailing in May on Carnival Pride. First experience on the Carnival Line. I was wondering what recent travellers have seen as the range of dress for these nights. I hear Carnival is pretty much causal, and party centric. I have a tux, and like to wear it. I just hate to be the only one and get mistaken for the maitre'd.

Greetings,

I am sailing in May on Carnival Pride. First experience on the Carnival Line. I was wondering what recent travellers have seen as the range of dress for these nights. I hear Carnival is pretty much causal, and party centric. I have a tux, and like to wear it. I just hate to be the only one and get mistaken for the maitre'd.

I have seen Cruise Elegant evening run the gamut from barely meeting the minimum dress code requirements to tuxes and evening gowns. Be your own person and wear your formal wear. Everyone will love it.

Yep, nobody is going to look at you funny. I'd say most people don't dress up (myself included) and wear Dockers type khaki pants and a polo, but then you have some who like to go all out. If you want to have fun and go all out with it, you will be fine. Enjoy your cruise!

Greetings,

You may see a few but not many.

It obviously varies week by week, regardless of the ship, because you'll never know what your fellow cruisers are like until you're on board with them. I sailed the Pride this past December over NYE week, on the two formal nights (one of them being NYE) there was very few tuxes. Personally I wore a nice pair of pants and a button down shirt as that is as formal as I am comfortable getting (I hate dressing up), but if your comfortable in a tux and it's something you enjoy doing don't let the possibility of being one of the few hold you back. Think of it this way, if you leave it at home and formal night there's 40+ others in tuxes your gonna be kicking yourself.

hi, we just got off the pride this past Sunday. We seen a variety of people from causal dressing to tux and suits and evening gowns. I would say suite up and enjoy it. The waiters love to see everyone dressed up and the camera people are all over that type of dressing!!! Enjoy your cruise!:)

When I sailed on the Pride in February, I can't recall seeing anyone in a tux. I just wore some khakis, tie and blue sports coat. IMO, guys should wear a jacket and ladies a dress. I saw a variety of outfits. I thought a polo was too casual.

I have seen Cruise Elegant evening run the gamut from barely meeting the minimum dress code requirements to tuxes and evening gowns. Be your own person and wear your formal wear. Everyone will love it.

I agree completely! (y)(y)

DH wears his full kilt regalia including his Prince Charlie and bow tie. I love formal nights. I say do the full dress up, get lots of pics and enjoy the evening!

AWESOME! We cruised years ago with a group who wore kilts each formal night and they looked so great! I think men in formal wear look so handsome! I LOVE to dress up also and you will see me dressed in glitters and sparkles with "brilliant jewels" on my ears and around my neck and wrist every night!!! It is a chance to SHINE! ;):D

AWESOME! We cruised years ago with a group who wore kilts each formal night and they looked so great! I think men in formal wear look so handsome! I LOVE to dress up also and you will see me dressed in glitters and sparkles with "brilliant jewels" on my ears and around my neck and wrist every night!!! It is a chance to SHINE! ;):D

We are sailing on the Magic this Saturday and cruising is the only reason the wife,and I go all out on Formal nights, 1st night traditional black tux with a matching vest to my wife's gown.

2nd night White dinner jacket with black vest.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I have seen mostly business suits and that is what I wear. On Glory in November I will be bringing my tux because we are celebrating our 25th anniversary and we'll be turning one of our elegant night photos into a larger print.

I say go for it and wear the tux if that's what makes you happy and comfortable. My uncle and his wife cruise a lot, on a variety of different lines, and he always wears a tux (and she a gown) on all of their formal nights, and I am sure they are by no means the only ones.

My husband does like to dress up but isn't really a tux guy, so he will be wearing tan dress pants, a navy blazer, a button down shirt, a tie, and dress shoes for elegant nights on our cruise this summer. My boys are still young enough to skip the blazers and wear Sperrys instead of the dress shoes, but I do want family pictures taken and want everyone dressed up.

We are sailing on the Magic this Saturday and cruising is the only reason the wife,and I go all out on Formal nights, 1st night traditional black tux with a matching vest to my wife's gown.

2nd night White dinner jacket with black vest.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Wish we were cruising with you and I could see you and your DW in your "duds." Our high school....well, my grandma graduated from the same one, my mom and dad, DH and I and our 2 DS'es too....it looks like an Ivy League college and the women come down from the school on one side, the men on the other, and they meet and "pair up" and go on the football field for the ceremony. Women wear white gowns of their choosing and carry long stem red roses. Men wear rented tux'es of white jacket, black pants and black bow tie with red rose boutiniere. It is the most beautiful special thing ever. So I have a soft spot for white dinner/tux jackets! And all things "formal." There is a time and a place for everything and I respect those who don't wish to get fancy for elegant night, but I just LOVE it!

Greetings,

I am sailing in May on Carnival Pride...I have a tux, and like to wear it. I just hate to be the only one and get mistaken for the maitre'd.

As long as you make sure I have a table by a window, we won't have a problem. :D

I brought my tux a few times. Very few of them, but so what. I just got off the pride sunday, and I didn't see any on that cruise.

I wore a suit both nights. First formal night, there were plenty of people "dressed". Not as many on the second formal night. Whatever makes you comfortable.