Higher Grade Cabins Unsold 4 weeks out - what happens?

kevinyork

We are 4 weeks away from our Eclipse Britain cruise. All grades up to C3 are sold out and have been for weeks. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that there was availability in Concierge, Aqua, Sky Suites and one RS which is pretty much the same level of availability when checking today i.e. 10 x C3, 2 x A2, 2 x S2 and 1 x RS.

I would have thought that by now they would have tried to offer upgrades to some of these cabins to free up lower category cabins which they might be able to sell but this doesn't seem to have happened. Would they just sail with these higher category cabins unsold? Wondering if they may have availability when we board.

Still time to sell cabins, it was the night before the sailing before we got a call to move up suites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks. But surely if they only move people up the day before there is no time to sell the cabin you vacated, which I thought was the reason for upgrades?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 weeks is plenty of time to move these cabins. I always check out prices of cabins better than I've booked to see if they drop, which they usually do as the time gets closer. And there are people who book at the last minute.

I don't know the exact number or cabins but I'm pretty sure it is in the range of 1,400. So if there are 15 available cabins they are 99% full with 4 weeks to go. A few may be offered a upsell but I wouldn't hold my breath.

What Celebrity has done with us in the past is offered the next cabin up at a particular rate, which is negotiable. For example: we were in a RS and one of the two PH were available. They called to offer us the PH at $XXXX. We said TBNT. They called back 10 minutes later and said how about the PH at $XXXX-1000. We replied How about the PH for $XXXX-2000 and they said yes. So then our RS was available to the CS customers, and so on. The best you can hope for is to be offered to move up to the next category at a reduced rate. Free upgrades are few and far between.

I was offered a Penthouse suite on the Reflection on the day before our cruise last year. No they didnt give it away I think the cost was $3000but i moved from a regular suite room (lowest category) so I assume they made alot of calls. I can now cross that experience off my bucket list. Well worth it and every one should try it once. So they are selling up to the last minute.