why is guest services line so long?

jdemps

Oh I don't go anywhere near that place on the last night unless it's a dire emergency. Makes my BP go up and I don't even have hypertension.

lol, between that and if we need something and go to the diamond plat station and some guy saying "hey buddy the line is over here".

Sent from my iPhone

lol, between that and if we need something and go to the diamond plat station and some guy saying "hey buddy the line is over here".

Sent from my iPhone

Oh I'm just waiting for the day for someone to say something to me. So far it hasn't happened. I have gotten the dirty looks though.

Sent from my iPhone

I had FTTF and was only person in the priority line and people in the regular line was telling me I need to get to the back of the line cause they was their first. I pointed up at the sign and they got mad. Specially when the lady finished with the guest she was help and moved over and helped me with what I needed.

So , what was the major problem ?

No problem at all. This was a charter group. Most first time cruisers. They all heard they could save money by removing tips. Most of them ate and ate and ate for four days. So much that they had to remove dining waiters to go upstairs to Lido Buffet during dinner.

Their travel agent told them they did not have to pay gratuity if they didn't use the dining room.

In 19 cruises, it was our first 4 day and I had never seen anything like this cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the fat man said it, it must be true.

He did not say it. He confirmed when I emailed to ask if the crew was going to be taken care of.

He said yes, I can confirm over 1000 passengers did remove auto tips and that is all I can say.

Your comment is uncalled for.

It meant there were over a thousand cheapskates on board clogging up the GS line. Nothing more, nothing less. :cool:

Ironic that a person traveling on carnival ships is calling other people cheapskates:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No problem at all. This was a charter group. Most first time cruisers. They all heard they could save money by removing tips. Most of them ate and ate and ate for four days. So much that they had to remove dining waiters to go upstairs to Lido Buffet during dinner.

Their travel agent told them they did not have to pay gratuity if they didn't use the dining room.

In 19 cruises, it was our first 4 day and I had never seen anything like this cruise.

So not cheapsakes, just misinformed

If it's a lousy sea day I will grab a drink or two and head down to Guest Services. I don't stand in line, I find a chair nearby so I can sit and enjoy the spectacle.

"The towel animal was too scary!"

"There was no towel animal last night!"

“My cabin doesn’t have a window!” ‘Yes Ma’am you are in an inside cabin.’

“I can’t see outside my porthole, I want a refund!”

Best damn entertainment on any cruise ship! :D

Really funny. In our 7 cruises I've gone to get singles, look for a pair of lost sunglasses, and had a replacement door key made we locked both S&S cards in the cabin by accident.

Ironic that a person traveling on carnival ships is calling other people cheapskates:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No it's not. There's a difference in getting a good value for a product vs being flat out cheap. Now whether or not removing gratuities constitutes being a cheapskate is up to the individual person to decide. We all have our opinions and many of us feel strongly on both ends of the spectrum.

Just because one sails on Carnival does not mean it's all about price. It could be about value and service. Carnival is not the least expensive in a lot of cases anymore.

So not cheapsakes, just misinformed

Misinformed and entitled.

They were happy to get something for nothing. Same cruise where a woman had a suitcase full of cereal that she had to dump during the debarkation dog check. Just saying. [emoji1]

Pretty sure your room steward can do that.

On a recent Glory cruise, we were told that while room steward actually opens the balcony divider, the request has to go to Guest Services first then they email the steward - maybe they have to verify the divider can be opened or something?

DH and I went to GS for a discrepancy on our bill. The regular line was 15 people deep (yes I counted) and the FTTF/Priority line had 3 people ahead of us. I told my DH to stand in the regular line and I would stand in the FTTF/Priority line and we would see who got helped the fastest. There were only 2 employees working the desk and one was on the phone the whole time. The other, working the desk, would only help the FTTF/Priority line about every 4th or 5th time. DH was helped before I was, though I was next in the FTTF line. Nice perks! lol

Misinformed and entitled.

Compared to "Informed and Entitled"??

They were happy to get something for nothing.

And you knew this....how??? Did you use your "happy meter"??

Same cruise where a woman had a suitcase full of cereal that she had to dump during the debarkation dog check.

Just saying. [emoji1]

What exactly are you saying??

If you are referring to your Pride cruise this year, I believe the dividers swing towards the ship on this class of ship. So you might not be able to have all 3 opened with out blocking someone's balcony door or partially blocking 2 of the doors. Call your PVP to confirm which direction the divides open to and if possible request in advance so that the info appears on the "Special Notes" section of each cabin's booking.

maryred: Yes I am referring to our Pride cruise. Thank you for the information. I wil call my PVP and confirm the dividers. I had asked him when we booked to open the idividers and he said to go to GS. But I will definitely call him again. Thank you in advance.

OK.... I tried to stay away and cannot let it go. Did these two events cause you to remove tips?
Nope, his statement that he'd only come in the morning despite both being an option on the card led me to cut his "tip" in half.

DH and I went to GS for a discrepancy on our bill. The regular line was 15 people deep (yes I counted) and the FTTF/Priority line had 3 people ahead of us. I told my DH to stand in the regular line and I would stand in the FTTF/Priority line and we would see who got helped the fastest. There were only 2 employees working the desk and one was on the phone the whole time. The other, working the desk, would only help the FTTF/Priority line about every 4th or 5th time. DH was helped before I was, though I was next in the FTTF line. Nice perks! lol

I have had similar experiences as noted above. Usually they only have one person working the FTTF line and two or three working the regular line. I have even had the third person alternating between regular and priority.

I have had similar experiences as noted above. Usually they only have one person working the FTTF line and two or three working the regular line. I have even had the third person alternating between regular and priority.

We went several times to check on our order. There was never a line for us at fttf but always an available attendant. The regular line was always several people long.