Website & payment Issues

I have attempted to book a 2018 Harmony cruise and had major issues including the total cost of the cruise increasing considerably after payment of deposit.

Twice today I have booked my cruise online only to have my payment (AMEX) declined, the cruise then reverts to a held booking and the website issues me a reservation number and advises that I must pay the deposit (reduced $250 for 2) within 24 hours.

I then go to my reservation when logged into Crown & Anchor and I go to make payment online, it takes my payment no problem and then the overall price increases by some $1200 !!! It was by chance that I noticed this.

As I say I have tried this twice today and the same thing happens, I have now cancelled both times to avoid any issues.

I have tried to call but been in a queue for to long as I have had plans for a Sunday.

Very frustrating as I always book online direct with RCCL.

I have attempted to book a 2018 Harmony cruise and had major issues including the total cost of the cruise increasing considerably after payment of deposit.

Twice today I have booked my cruise online only to have my payment (AMEX) declined, the cruise then reverts to a held booking and the website issues me a reservation number and advises that I must pay the deposit (reduced $250 for 2) within 24 hours.

I then go to my reservation when logged into Crown & Anchor and I go to make payment online, it takes my payment no problem and then the overall price increases by some $1200 !!! It was by chance that I noticed this.

As I say I have tried this twice today and the same thing happens, I have now cancelled both times to avoid any issues.

I have tried to call but been in a queue for to long as I have had plans for a Sunday.

Very frustrating as I always book online direct with RCCL.

Is that now : always "used to" book online be direct?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Like an idiot I have just tried this a 3rd time ... I never learn.

Same process has happened again except this time I have not made the payment online, I have a held cruise at the rate I want so now I have to sit in a queue on the phone but at least I get what I want with the reduced deposit.

Someone could get a nasty shock if they don't notice the price change.

I'm having issues going in to just get pricing for a cruise. :( Not sure if it's a system glitch or what not. You click reserve and it just dumps you on a secured link with white screen. :confused:

Me too. Three days now. AND, it won't let me pay for the two cruises I have booked with deposit only. Very irritating.

Edited to add: I tried rebooting and then switched browsers, so it's obvious the issue is on RCI's end.

Why don't you just call C&A and make payment over the phone? It is quick and easy. If I decide to pay or purchase after my CVP goes home for the day, I just pick up the phone and call C&A.

Tried TA's twice and never, never again.

I'm having issues going in to just get pricing for a cruise. :( Not sure if it's a system glitch or what not. You click reserve and it just dumps you on a secured link with white screen. :confused:

This happens to me all the time. If you use chrome, use an incognito window (ctrl-shift-n)

I booked a cruise on 5-4-17. Paid a deposit and had a balance of $836. Logged on today and my balance was $836. Clicked the tab to make a payment and my new balance was over $1200. I called and they fixed it. Stated it was a computer glitch on their part. Once it was fixed I logged on and paid it off.

I booked a cruise on 5-4-17. Paid a deposit and had a balance of $836. Logged on today and my balance was $836. Clicked the tab to make a payment and my new balance was over $1200. I called and they fixed it. Stated it was a computer glitch on their part. Once it was fixed I logged on and paid it off.

I wonder how many people don't pay that close attention to their outstanding balance and end up missing the "glitch" and paying the higher price.

If you book online their system isn't taking the current promotion into consideration and is charging full price.

Some cruises are, some not. At least ones I been checking all day. This happens with reduced deposit sale often on Royal. You pay reduced deposit, says you need pay other half, but never have and all is fine until final payment...

Why don't you just call C&A and make payment over the phone? It is quick and easy. If I decide to pay or purchase after my CVP goes home for the day, I just pick up the phone and call C&A.

Tried TA's twice and never, never again.

This. BTW I use my AMEX as well and have had issues with the payment not being accepted. The CVP has told me they often have problems processing AMEX payments online, but whenever I call it goes through with no problem.

Just call tomorrow and they'll adjust the price back down. It's happened to me before -- I pay the deposit, then next day go in to pay and the price has jumped. I just call and they fix it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This just happened to me yesterday when I booked the Enchantment from Galveston. They were happy to fix it. :D