Royal introduces non refundable booking option.

No.....

I have 13 cruises booked and they are all more expensive now than when i booked. Both Refundable and Nonrefundable.

Will probably negatively effect all of us next March when we start getting the new releases.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Do you book cabins and later give or have transferred to other cruises. Cabin types?

Place marker cruises??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you book cabins and later give or have transferred to other cruises. Cabin types?

Place marker cruises??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never a place marker. I attend to go on every cruise I book.....except my backup TAs. (2)

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I do book back up cruises sometimes...

And that seems to be the issue. Much worse in Suites. Especially if one moves cruise to another ship or cruise and down grades cabin type. We personally are in favor of this change.

Those are called Place Marker cruises.

And that seems to be the issue. Much worse in Suites. Especially if one moves cruise to another ship or cruise and down grades cabin type. We personally are in favor of this change.

First....I don't book anything more than a JS.

Royal raising the price of refundable cabins a few bucks will not stop paxs like me from booking a back up. I've been burned by Royal a few times and a TA is too important of a vacation. Our preferred cabin choice makes the trip!

And therein lies part of the reason for the new world order at Royal.

I tried really hard not to say that Ellen.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

And here I was just going to come and say how since I am going on my third year in a row of getting bumped off a BR sailing that I am sure glad I book a back up one. In the past 2 years the price protected sailings have not included Key West which is the why we booked them. I'm ready now for the 2019 one that is now showing as "sold out":halo:

I'm just being proactive!!!

First....I don't book anything more than a JS.

Royal raising the price of refundable cabins a few bucks will not stop paxs like me from booking a back up. I've been burned by Royal a few times and a TA is too important of a vacation. Our preferred cabin choice makes the trip!

JS are actually part of the problem. Looking at your cruise history, it is not you for us. MJ sells out 3 day JS for the entire summer very quickly, only to open up later. This is bad for us, why we are in favor of NRD and the $100 fee. It requires a Suite to have a balcony on MJ.

And here I was just going to come and say how since I am going on my third year in a row of getting bumped off a BR sailing that I am sure glad I book a back up one. In the past 2 years the price protected sailings have not included Key West which is the why we booked them. I'm ready now for the 2019 one that is now showing as "sold out":halo:

You can drive to KW. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I can see how getting bumped off a cruise would be frustrating. Royal should let you book a similar cruise at your previous rate. If they did that, it would eliminate the place marker bookings to some degree. I know BR gets chartered from time to time. We are on one in December. If Royal allowed you to book another cruise in similar conditions at your previous rate, would you still book place marker cruises.

I can see how getting bumped off a cruise would be frustrating. Royal should let you book a similar cruise at your previous rate. If they did that, it would eliminate the place marker bookings to some degree. I know BR gets chartered from time to time. We are on one in December. If Royal allowed you to book another cruise in similar conditions at your previous rate, would you still book place marker cruises.

For me it's not the rate but the cabin placement. We like aft cabins...

They would all be gone if my TA was cancelled.

Royal typically does offer price protection, but the choices of sailings are very limited, and if you had a very desireable stateroom, that would probably not be available.

Royal typically does offer price protection, but the choices of sailings are very limited, and if you had a very desireable stateroom, that would probably not be available.

I can second that. I had cabin 1100 on the Brilliance in January 2018 --- It got chartered, I got bumped, jumped over to Indy, price protected + OBC, but there have a mid-ship JS. IMHO, there is no similar cabin to 1100 on the Radiance class on any Freedom class ship.

mac_tlc

For me it's not the rate but the cabin placement. We like aft cabins...

They would all be gone if my TA was cancelled.

So, you are place marking the desirable cabins? Similar to booking all the JS on MJ. How would you suggest Royal remedy this? Are you now willing to book place marker cruises under the new plan (NRD)? It is only the deposit and $100 per person.

Bob, isn't this preventing others from booking those special cabins? What would you suggest to remedy the practice of booking place marker cabins/cruises?

I can second that. I had cabin 1100 on the Brilliance in January 2018 --- It got chartered, I got bumped, jumped over to Indy, price protected + OBC, but there have a mid-ship JS. IMHO, there is no similar cabin to 1100 on the Radiance class on any Freedom class ship.

mac_tlc

So it is the Suites that are the special cabins/bookings. Never much thought about the Aft cabins but we do have issues with Suites all booked up and later releasing. When do you release those cabins/cruises booked as place markers?

We are on one of those BR charters.... it is the High Seas Rally, a biker cruise.