Timing of Return Flight From Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Rufftackle

I am in the midst of booking a return flight home from Orlando to DC. On the 9/9 sailing of the Carnival Magic which returns to Port Canaveral at 9AM. There are two flight options, a 11:55AM flight and a 2:30 PM flight. Is the 11:55AM flight cutting it too close if we are not doing the self-assist luggage? I've done a few searches on the Boards but haven't been able to fine a thread -- although I'm sure its probably been asked hundreds of time. :')

You've got to back plan this.

Start with flight departure time. 11:55AM

Boarding time 11:20

At TSA security check 11:00

Checked in within 90 minutes before departure and luggage checked. 10:25

1 hour drive from port to MCO 9:25

Not doing self assist and getting off ship in assigned zone, clearing customs, etc,,, you've already missed your ride to the airport

I would do the 11:55 flight...If you are in one of the 1st groups off the ship, you'll be fine. About midway thru the cruise they ask those with EARLY flights to let them know so they can get you "early off" tags. That's what you need to do. If you don't want to rush and be worried, book the later flight. I would do the early one, tho!

you have just finished a stress free cruise so why put more stress on yourself with early flight. Take you time getting off ship and take your time getting to your airport. Yes you can make the earlier flight but it has to be perfect with no slip ups. There was a cruise ship earlier this year that had to stop in Nassau to drop off a sick passenger. They were late arriving into port Canaveral. So don't stress out; book the later flight.

You've got to back plan this.

Start with flight departure time. 11:55AM

Boarding time 11:20

At TSA security check 11:00

Checked in within 90 minutes before departure and luggage checked. 10:25

1 hour drive from port to MCO 9:25

Not doing self assist and getting off ship in assigned zone, clearing customs, etc,,, you've already missed your ride to the airport

If you were to follow that time line at MCO beginning with security, you are still in line as the plane leaves. You need to be in the security line there no later than 10:15.. Work back from there, and the early flight is too early.

I am in the midst of booking a return flight home from Orlando to DC. On the 9/9 sailing of the Carnival Magic which returns to Port Canaveral at 9AM. There are two flight options, a 11:55AM flight and a 2:30 PM flight. Is the 11:55AM flight cutting it too close if we are not doing the self-assist luggage? I've done a few searches on the Boards but haven't been able to fine a thread -- although I'm sure its probably been asked hundreds of time. :')

We (My wife and I) just did the Magic in March 18-25, 2017. We decide, because we were driving back, that debarkation time was not that big of a deal. So, we decided to do the 'bags outside the door thingee'. We arrived (as well as I can remember) about 7;30 a.m, maybe 8. Had a buffet breakfast, went back to the room, sat and waited for our Zone to be called. When it was we went to the elevator area and finally got a half full one to the area only to hear an announcement that due to mechanical problems w/elevator and down staircases in the POC authority Blg, ALL debarkation was suspended till the problem was fixed. We were told to wait in any of the public areas on deck five. We sat there for over an hour, so it was after 9 before we even got off the ship. I wondered how they were able to get folks off who had a 10-10;30 flights? I know this was close for them. :( Things CAN and do happen when we least expect it.

mAC

Our cruise buddies from Flint MI. had a flight at 11 something. Carnival offered to take luggage from outside their door and put it ON their plane. They would get it when their plane landed at their home airport. However they got a notice saying Carnival would not take their luggage because of their early flight. Carnival could not guarantee they would be able to get their luggage on their early flight. No problem on later flights though.

So, they made their flight, with their luggage with no problems but would have loved having Carnival take it!