MDR was much better than expected (MDR review)

funkidd

But but but, this is totally contrary to what the haters here say that would have us believe Carnival MDR food is nothing more than slop that should be fed to pigs?

!

Haters would rather pay extra $20 just to make themselves feel better while the rest of us dig in on the good stuff and save money at the same time.

My biggest problem on Carnival is finding enough stomach room. I have no idea why anyone would complain. Even the lido deck food is good. 10 years ago the lido was very meh... but nowadays it is very good IMO.

Breakfast in mdr

179d3d3f332afd67688454e3ac1bd2b7.jpg

I ate the eggs Bennidict almost every day

3bdecc4f000b10aaa9689a2626d971fc.jpg

3f89f02dbccbeb650c514c07857b9920.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The eggs Benedict actually looks good. We had it on the Breeze a few years ago and it was a disaster. The egg was cold and the sauce had solidified:o:o

May I ask about the Butter Pecan ice cream? I don;t recall seeing that before but easily could have missed it...BP is my wife's favorite ice cream but she ONLY likes it from Haagen Daz - any time she tries it from anyone else she just thinks it's not as good. Any idea how Carnival's compares to Haagen Daz? I'd like for her to have her favorite ice cream on a cruise...

Thanks!

May I ask about the Butter Pecan ice cream? I don;t recall seeing that before but easily could have missed it...BP is my wife's favorite ice cream but she ONLY likes it from Haagen Daz - any time she tries it from anyone else she just thinks it's not as good. Any idea how Carnival's compares to Haagen Daz? I'd like for her to have her favorite ice cream on a cruise...

Thanks!

I had the BP every night. It is very a very creamy taste and texture (no icy crystals). It is a notch below Haagen Daz quality but still very good. Full of pecans and went great with the chocolate melting cake and the daily fruit pies. :)

I was on Elation last month. I thought overrall the MDR and Lido food was good to very good with many choices to choose from. The American Table menu had a good selection. Carnival food is a good value for the money. And service in the Your Time Dining was very good. :)

The only negative was the Rotisserie food on Lido. Dried out chicken and tasteless mac & cheese and mashed potatoes.

I look forward to seeing the rest of your pics.

One appetizer I miss, was when we took our daughter's on the Destiny back in 2006. Our youngest daughter, who was 15 at the time, and I had butterfly shrimp with plum sauce. It was one of the best things I've ever had. My usually picky daughter ate all of hers and we both ordered another. To this day, I think that has been the only appetizer I've ordered a second of. It was that good.

I had the BP every night. It is very a very creamy taste and texture (no icy crystals). It is a notch below Haagen Daz quality but still very good. Full of pecans and went great with the chocolate melting cake and the daily fruit pies. :)

Awesome, thanks! Maybe a notch can be filled with that WCMC lol.

1a05c034dcb0a839baa137965f574618.jpg

5cfe907b207ac1af37a0556e71357c73.jpg

6bd40089329d55952b73a20356f30fb7.jpg

Gotta love guys burger joint!!

We skipped mdr first port day cause we were hungry and ate guys late then took a nap.

Great hamburgers. Thanks guy!!

The eggs Benedict actually looks good. We had it on the Breeze a few years ago and it was a disaster. The egg was cold and the sauce had solidified:o:o

The trick to ordering Eggs Benedict is to order it with the sauce on the side. That way, it is made fresh for you and you can add as much sauce as you like.

I personally do not like too much sauce so it is win win

I call shenanigans. You didn't use the words "ruined", "horrible", or "inedible" even once when describing the food, and you never asked how you could get in touch with John Heald to demand free cruises for life. ;)

I call shenanigans. You didn't use the words "ruined", "horrible", or "inedible" even once when describing the food, and you never asked how you could get in touch with John Heald to demand free cruises for life. ;)

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

a44c5df44635905de8df845084bb0c15.jpg

I did get the juevos rancheros on the last sea day of the Cruise. While it is not the south Texas style of juevos rancheros I am accustomed to, it was good and tasty. It's got a tortilla with refried beans and chicken with a fried egg and three sauces. It's a good dish

Thanks!

My dad always gets the Butter Pecan ice cream as his dessert each night, except when he wants a banana split, then he orders the split.

Then SHOWTIME!!

bcb76e42d3c92d6fe82750af4b6b2dde.jpg

I'm going on the Dream in a few weeks and I'm on the fence as to whether I want to pack my suit for elegant nights. Did it seem that many didn't wear suits? Looking this pic I don't see anyone with more than a dress shirt. We enjoy dressing up to get some good family pics but don't want to stick out like a sore thumb either....

Few wear suits any more. I have in the past but that suit takes up valuable suitcase real estate so now it's just dress shirt slacks maybe tie. It really depends on what your wife wants in the pictures. Lol

99e6a1b04c6c6de5d6079e10301ba473.jpg

7114127af39040b586bb3d4e80725909.jpg

f20ed986784ae97bf08b3b646a71e366.jpg

84fefc5144651580ef41c3e565addc32.jpg

The next port day I had this pasta soup perhaps the best thing I had all week it was great. Then I had grilled shrimp with. Mustard potato and round rice under it all. Shrimp were cooked good. Dish was good not great. My wife had a beef something or the other it was smothered in sauce. Didn't look great to me. She said it was good. Lastly I had the chocolate amaretto cake. It was good.

I will say if I had one major issue to critique in the dining room it is that the beef dishes were just ok. Maybe they want us to upgrade on the menu or eat at steakhouse for beef meals?