Using Drinks Package First Day ?

On ships like Anthem where the sea pass cards are at your cabin your "set sail" pass allows for drink purchases if you have pre-purchased the package.

We are Sailing next week on Anthem, but neither mine nor my son's set sail pass says anything about the drink package. Will we have to go to customer service, or will they just scan it at the bar and see we purchased it?? Thanks

We are Sailing next week on Anthem, but neither mine nor my son's set sail pass says anything about the drink package. Will we have to go to customer service, or will they just scan it at the bar and see we purchased it?? Thanks

They will see the drink package when they scan the barcode.

Regardless it is printed on your card or not ( usually if you order it beforehand it gets on your card) sticker or not.. in your room or not.. Order whatever drink you want when you get there.

If for some rare and strange reason it shows up on your bill.. they will remove it.

Used the package on Freedom and Oasis.. both had them printed on my card.. both had the soda things in the rooms.

Enjoy your cruise.. they do this thousands of times a week.. yes there might be an error.. they will correct it.. they have to they need your positive reviews.

On Anthem the first day in the WJ my DH ordered two drinks. The first one came up as pay and the bartender told him it would be updated and he would not have to pay. By the time he ordered his second drink there was no charge (about a half hour later). Upon checking my charges 2 days later I noticed that we were given a credit for the first drink. So go ahead and order away-charge or not you will be credited.

You are not correct, on Independance of the Seas ( from the UK ) there is a sticker regardless of when you purchased the beverage package.

little bit confused now and we are on Indy next week from Southampton, our printed Sea Passes make no reference to the fact we have all added drinks packages, do we get our actual sea pass plastic card as we embark or will they be waiting for us in our cabin ? If left in our cabin and we have no access to them until 1-2pm how do we ensure we can have our drinks from the minute we embark, i presumed we either got the passes straight away or the bar codes on our printed one's would confirm our drinks packages to a bartender ?

I will update when we go next week but would be handy to know how it works before we go, we are not raving alcoholics :') but would like to think we can have a drink if we want to as soon as we embark and not have to sit around waiting to get our cards from our cabin.

little bit confused now and we are on Indy next week from Southampton, our printed Sea Passes make no reference to the fact we have all added drinks packages, do we get our actual sea pass plastic card as we embark or will they be waiting for us in our cabin ? ...

On Indy, you will get your SeaPass cards at check-in.

• 1 month later...

There is a reason it's not printed on your Set Sail paperwork. You have the ability to print that many weeks/months ahead. You have the ability to buy the package / or cancel the drink package up until 3 days before your trip I believe. They need scan your barcode on your Set Sail paperwork and look if you have the package in the computer as anything printed on the paper could have changed. Once you can get to your room then your card will work for the drinks.

It does seem like a good idea to print out your confirmation of purchase of the drink package. It would be far better to get a drink, sit there while they run around trying to fix it, then for you to have to do down and wait in a long line to get it resolved before getting that first drink and starting to relax.

Hi

Have tried to search for this but couldn't see anything (sure it will be somewhere), our first time with RCI and we have just purchased our various Premium and Soda Drinks Packages. When we board on the first day are we able to use these packages for drinks before we are allowed to our cabins, the SetSail Pass which i have printed off does not reflect we have a drinks package so wondering how it works ?

We are on Independence Of The Seas from Southampton on 27th May

Thanks

We had a Premium Package sticker on our seapass card we got at check in.

• 4 months later...
On Anthem the first day in the WJ my DH ordered two drinks. The first one came up as pay and the bartender told him it would be updated and he would not have to pay. By the time he ordered his second drink there was no charge (about a half hour later). Upon checking my charges 2 days later I noticed that we were given a credit for the first drink. So go ahead and order away-charge or not you will be credited.
About checking your charges, I take from your statement that one can keep track of your drink orders throughout your voyage. Correct?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

About checking your charges, I take from your statement that one can keep track of your drink orders throughout your voyage. Correct?

Drinks ordered using the drink package do not show up on your statement, unless there's some sort of error.

3 different cruises this year and 3 different scenarios. I always prepay the Royal refreshment package since I don’t do much alcohol.

1st time on the Radiance, the RR notation was printed on my seapass card.

2nd time on the Liberty, no notation. I went to the nearest bar, where they can look you up, and the bartender placed a RR sticker on my card.

3rd time on the Liberty, the RR sticker was placed on my seapass card when issued at check-in.

The thing to note is that if your card does not identify your package, you don’t have to go stand in line at guest services because any bar will have a list to verify your purchase.

Drinks ordered using the drink package do not show up on your statement, unless there's some sort of error.

Has this changed? Last year on Anthem and Serenade we were able to track our drink package on the TV. The time and bar location by name was tracked with $00.00 charge along with daily tips charge or any purchases from the shops etc..

You had to go into your own account on the TV ( you and spouse have separate accounts even with linked credit card) It was nice to see all those $00.00 charges :D

We also got a printout under our door or stuck in the door the last morning of the cruise. The printout was as long as me.:cool:

Has this changed? Last year on Anthem and Serenade we were able to track our drink package on the TV. The time and bar location by name was tracked with $00.00 charge along with daily tips charge or any purchases from the shops etc..

You had to go into your own account on the TV ( you and spouse have separate accounts even with linked credit card) It was nice to see all those $00.00 charges :D

We also got a printout under our door or stuck in the door the last morning of the cruise. The printout was as long as me.:cool:

Actually, I have never had the drink package, but my friends have mentioned this to me.

Now, my "free voucher drinks" do show up on the TV as zeros, so you are right about that.

Hi

Have tried to search for this but couldn't see anything (sure it will be somewhere), our first time with RCI and we have just purchased our various Premium and Soda Drinks Packages. When we board on the first day are we able to use these packages for drinks before we are allowed to our cabins, the SetSail Pass which i have printed off does not reflect we have a drinks package so wondering how it works ?

We are on Independence Of The Seas from Southampton on 27th May

Thanks

From the moment you board the ship.

3 different cruises this year and 3 different scenarios. I always prepay the Royal refreshment package since I don’t do much alcohol.

1st time on the Radiance, the RR notation was printed on my seapass card.

2nd time on the Liberty, no notation. I went to the nearest bar, where they can look you up, and the bartender placed a RR sticker on my card.

3rd time on the Liberty, the RR sticker was placed on my seapass card when issued at check-in.

The thing to note is that if your card does not identify your package, you don’t have to go stand in line at guest services because any bar will have a list to verify your purchase.

Glad I'm not the only one who has had this issue in the past!

Almost every time I have boarded, my seapass has been missing the sticker. Everyone in my family gets theirs but for some reason, my card gets left out haha. I used to wait in line at guest services but the last few times, I was told to go to any table promoting/selling the drink package to get my sticker. They have a paper list with names and room numbers that they can look up and give you the sticker. A minor inconvenience since they are usually located right outside a bar ;p

Actually, I have never had the drink package, but my friends have mentioned this to me.

Now, my "free voucher drinks" do show up on the TV as zeros, so you are right about that.

On Anthem, yes. Each beverage shows up on the TV and the final statement with a $0.00 charge.

Pages and pages of $0.00's........:D

I was hoping this was the procedure so that I could better guage whether I used my drink package enough to at least break even for the cost of the drink package. Thanks for answer.

Does anyone know if the drink package is available for use on the first day for sailings on the Liberty (out of Galveston)? This March will be our first time on RCI, but we've cruised Carnival in the past and their drink packages (out of Galveston) cannot be used until the second day. They claim it is due to Texas liquor laws, so I assume the same must also apply for RCI?

Does anyone know if the drink package is available for use on the first day for sailings on the Liberty (out of Galveston)? This March will be our first time on RCI, but we've cruised Carnival in the past and their drink packages (out of Galveston) cannot be used until the second day. They claim it is due to Texas liquor laws, so I assume the same must also apply for RCI?

Yes, you can use the drink package on the first day out of Galveston. Drinks are limited to those spirits, beers, and wines that have Texas stamps.