Hotel in Barcelona

I also stayed at Hotel Continental for 3 nights, end of Sept. last year. It was great after being out all day, to grab a beer or wine and sit on their patio. Also, since my time clock was off, I would wake up at 0300 and enjoy the entertainment from my balcony on La Rambla. It is busy all night long.

There is a metro station within steps from the front door, and a Carrefour (grocery store) about a block away. FYI, Wine is very cheap. Everything is very walkable.

Another vote for the Hotel Continental. Stayed there in October, and thought it was very good. The buffet was very convenient, even though it is pretty much the same thing every day. Sitting outside on the patio with coffee in the morning, and a beer and snack later in the day was delightful. It doesn't look out on Las Ramblas, but still very nice if the weather is good.

We must have stayed in a partially refurbished room. We had the wonderful bathroom with the huge walk in shower. But, the bedroom was still pink. There were coffee cups in the room, but no coffee maker. Never figured that out!

We stayed at the Hotel Continental a week ago . They have remodeled a lot of the rooms so no more pink . The room we had was very modern and comfortable .The bathroom had a huge walk in shower . The location is great . The front desk is great . The 24 buffet is kind of sketchy except for the beer and wine on tap. We were in a balcony room and once the doors were closed you did not hear any noise from La Ramblas . It is a funky hotel with the buzzer system but very convenient.

We stayed at the Continental a few years ago. At that time it was very pink, but clean and the bed was comfortable. Location very convenient and the 24-hr. buffet was OK, and we did do breakfast and sometimes lunch there and had plenty to eat. We were on a budget and it totally worked for us. :D

We stayed at Hotel Reding Croma before our cruise last May. It's not far from Hotel Jazz, but less expensive. It was not fancy, but we found it to be conveniently located and the people at the desk were very helpful (directions, restaurant suggestions, etc). It's sort of in between Placa Universitat and Placa de Catalunya. Convenient to get to from the Aerobus, easy access to the metro, and an easy walk to Las Ramblas.

To get to the ship, we walked down to the waterfront and caught a bus from there, but I'm sure they would've called a taxi if we had asked for one.

Stayed at Hotel Barcelona Universal - metro stop just steps outside of the hotel front door, a couple blocks off of La Rambla, super easy to get anywhere and very comfortable.

Really liked this hotel, pool and bar with great view on 10th floor, we had a large suite on 9th floor with balcony and king bed

We splurged with a stay at the Marriott Cotton House Hotel pre-cruise. Excellent room, service and breakfast in central location - we never even used the Metro as we walked everywhere.

Going to be there precruise this October! Good to know you enjoyed it.

For a really nice hotel, there's the one we stayed at last time--the 1898...It's about a block off the Placa, also right on Las Ramblas...Really nice, amply-sized rooms...very comfortable...First class all the way...

Nice to hear, that is the hotel we are at for a week before our cruise in July.

For a budget hotel, try the Hotel Continental...three stars and a little "funky"...You enter at ground floor, but the lobby is on the third floor as it shares the building with other uses. Its' a bit dated and the decor is sort of pink and plastic...However, they have great balconies overlooking Las Ramblas--but with electronically controlled screens that shut out the noise and light so you can sleep, free wifi and a free 24-hour buffet with snacks including free beer and cheap wine...And it has the absolute best location--within a block of the Placa right on Las Ramblas.

I love the kitsch value of this hotel and will never stay anywhere else in Barcelona! The "wine," though! OMG! Undrinkable... lol!

We are just back from a cruise from Barcelona. We stayed at the Catalonia Port Hotel for three days prior to our cruise. I would definitely stay there again. It's a few blocks from Las Ramblas and the waterfront. Very conveniently located. The staff was friendly, the room very clean and spacious and the breakfast buffet was wonderful. We loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also staying there when we take our TA in November. Glad you enjoyed! Did you take taxi from airport or bus?

Also ... wondered about getting to port.

My email is: donna13947@gmail.com - Thank you!

Pastordonna

1.) It's unwise to publish one's email on a public forum, if anything for privacy reasons and also to avoid potential spam.

2.) To get to that area of town from the airport the best choice is taxi so as to avoid either transfers or a long walk with your luggage if you choose Aerobus. Yet there's one other reasonable option: train. At terminal 2 in the aiport you have the train station. From there you can catch a train to terminus in Estació de França (at 30' or so) and from there you have 300 yards to the hotel.

3.) From that hotel to the bottom of Les Rambles, where Columbus status is located, you have barely 5' on foot. There you can take the T3 Portbus which will take you straight to Moll Adossat where most cruisers depart from. Note you need to make sure that's the pier you want as it's not the only pier where cruisers depart from. Otherwise, a taxi to the pier should cost you well under 15€.

Enjoy!

Has anyone heard of or stayed at the Holiday Inn Express : Barcelona - City 22@? It is in a neighborhood and not close to La Rambla, but since we are only staying there for a night before boarding our cruise we thought it might be ok. Looks like plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. We are also a party of 4; parents and 2 kids. When I've looked online it seems to be that a lot of hotels don't cater to families, but this hotel has family rooms. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?????

In response to pastordonna

We took a taxi from the airport to Hotel Port Catalonia. It was about 39 euros. It was easy to find the taxi line at the airport. We had quite a bit of luggage so did no want to do public transportation.

The hotel called a taxi for us when it was time to go to the port. It was about 12 euros.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

@cruisealot

Oh boy, oh boy... this obsession with Les Rambles... while most Barcelonians try to avoid it, hahaha! If you use the single form "La Rambla" it can refer to any of the many in the city, after all a "rambla" is like a "pedestrianised boulevard" and there are a bunch in the city.

Your hotel ...it is in a neighborhood... yes of course, every single street in the city is in a neighbourhood, one of the 73 of the city. The hotel you mention is at the neighbourhood of El Poblenou, at one block of La Rambla del Poblenou (https://produccionslallacuna.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/rambla1.jpg) which is a delight for strolling and have a quiet drink in one if its terraces. Plenty of shops and restaurants, at a stone throw of one of the beaches of the city (south end of la Rambla del Poblenou) and a shopping mall (north end). Very homy neighbourhood.

have made about 6 trips to Barcelona... every time we stay in a different place, depends on what we find.. I can tell you have not found any location bad .... great city... we have stayed at Hiltons, the Ritz Carlton (The Arts). this coming October staying at a Crown Plaza, Fira Center...

In January we stayed at the Europark Hotel. Excellent location and easy walk to many tourist sites. Owned and operated by the same company that owns Hotel Jazz, but much better prices. Thousands of excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

The dates are finally up for the Hotels we are looking at during our stay in April of 2018, We would like any reviews from those who have stayed at HOTEL EUROPARK OR HOTEL ARC LA RAMBLA those are the 2 we are looking at cannot decide which is better need your views

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on Hotel Europark's site and can't believe how reasonable it is! We're still a ways off from booking hotel and flights, but will definitely keep this under consideration for 2 nights pre-cruise next May.

I'm on Hotel Europark's site and can't believe how reasonable it is! We're still a ways off from booking hotel and flights, but will definitely keep this under consideration for 2 nights pre-cruise next May.

We booked this hotel the day our date became available, the price may go up, i received an additional 5% including breakfast. We also was the first to book our air fare had our pick of seating assignment. That is 2 less things we have to do and paid for.clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

We stayed in the Hotel Pulitzer which is about 50m off the Plaza Catalunya. Very convenient for catching the Aerobus from the airport.

I am staying there next month:D.......3 questions please....do you know if that big market is within walking distance

of the hotel? And is there a Hop On/Hop Off Bus location nearby?

And.......how far is the hotel to the port? I will take a cab and was just wondering what your estimation is on time/$ for it.

Edited by Lois R