confused about Crown and Anchor

My account shows that I have 15 points, but I've only done 2 RCI 4 night cruises. I have also been on two 7 night cruises on Celebrity. Either way, I don't understand the numbers. Insight? Thanks.

My account shows that I have 15 points, but I've only done 2 RCI 4 night cruises. I have also been on two 7 night cruises on Celebrity. Either way, I don't understand the numbers. Insight? Thanks.

If you took your RC cruises before January 2011, then 15 points is correct due to the conversion from cruise credits to cruise points.

I'm guessing your 2 RCI cruises were done before they changed the point system to one point per night. You got one point per cruise. When they converted those, they gave everyone 7 points for each cruise plus a bonus point. For you that adds up to 15.

If you took your RC cruises before January 2011, then 15 points is correct due to the conversion from cruise credits to cruise points.

Aww man. My older cruises still only show 1 point per cruise. I'll have to contact customer service.

Aww man. My older cruises still only show 1 point per cruise. I'll have to contact customer service.

They show 1 point because Royal's website does a poor job of displaying the difference between Cruise Credits and Cruise Points. The display of "1" is correct because it is displaying Cruise Credits, however the conversion that took place in January 2011 was probably done correctly.

All of our cruises prior to January 2011 also show 1 or 2 credits (2 credits for a suite).

They show 1 point because Royal's website does a poor job of displaying the difference between Cruise Credits and Cruise Points. The display of "1" is correct because it is displaying Cruise Credits, however the conversion that took place in January 2011 was probably done correctly.

All of our cruises prior to January 2011 also show 1 or 2 credits (2 credits for a suite).

You're right; I just did the math and Royal did give me the correct amount of points. Thank you!

You're right; I just did the math and Royal did give me the correct amount of points. Thank you!

You're welcome. Just remember, one of Royal's greatest skills is the ability to confuse.:)

My wife and I have cruised together every time yet we have a different amount of points???

Someone has not gotten a cruise attributed to their account. Log in to each of your C&A accounts and compare the cruise history. Then call C&A about the discrepancy.

Someone has not gotten a cruise attributed to their account. Log in to each of your C&A accounts and compare the cruise history. Then call C&A about the discrepancy.

Thanks, Bob. I was going to call them, but there's only a 3 point difference and I didn't want to take a chance on them lowering mine!😀

Thanks, Bob. I was going to call them, but there's only a 3 point difference and I didn't want to take a chance on them lowering mine!😀

Good point, just make sure all the cruises you have listed are legit.

Good point, just make sure all the cruises you have listed are legit.

I laugh every time I look at my cruise history on the RCCL website...I've got three cruises that have no information other than the points...and dates that are close to impossible...like two of those say "Nov. 5, 1970"--when I was 16 years old and definitely in school. OTOH, they are missing at least three cruises--a couple on the old Viking Serenade back in the 90s and the Grandeur back in '98 (Pre-1999, they show only those phantom 1970 cruises).

In any event, I decided long ago not to bother with it--trying to reconstruct some old 3-nighters from 25 years ago. I figure "close enough". Besides, I've given up at even reaching Diamond Plus. When they did the conversion, they set me upright at an odd number of new points...so, even with my upcoming back-to-backs, I'll be at 146...so, if I took another four seven nighters, I'd still be a point short...and I'm no longer taking many RCCL cruises now that they've abandoned the West Coast. (Of course, thanks to them abandoning us, I'm now Platinum on Princess).

AND meanwhile, over on Celebrity, I'm well past Elite Plus. So, I hate the way they run the reciprocity thing. Combine what I've done on the two lines and I am far past most people...yet folks who, in the old days, took a dozen or so three-nighters in inside cabins in the off season are at Diamond Plus and get reciprocated to Elite on Celebrity from day one.

I just try to sit back and stay philosophical about it...maybe just kick back with my memories of those 1970 cruises...my, those were nice!