2019 HAL World Cruise Fares & Itinerary

Roz

Thanks to Harry for posting the itinerary. It looks really good. I have been thinking about doing one of these world cruises for quite some time - not certain about being away from home that long but it just seems like a fantastic way to experience so many different ports. I'll need a full-time house sitter. Around the world in one (LONG) trip! Maybe the 2019 WC would be the time to do it.

The 2019 wc looks good up until Barcelona, after that to go in April towards Oslo and then crossing the rough North Atlantic towards Bermuda which means a week sitting inside, not so great....

Funny, it's precisely at Barcelona that I think it's getting to the best part. Love that the ship enters the Atlantic and turns right, instead of left.

Very interesting itinerary.

No, the Amsterdam does not have lanai cabins.

As far as I know, the only ships with lanai cabins are the Veendam (first ship with them), the Rotterdam (second ship), and the Maasdam (last one before HAL changed their minds).

I know the Veendam has a great many lanais, and the Maasdam significantly fewer. I have sailed both ships after the conversion. I don't know where the Rotterdam fits in as far as number of lanai cabins goes.

Not sure why you said the Amsterdam doesn't have balcony cabins. It does...Vista suites and above. I would not even consider doing a WC without a balcony. Looking forward to additional info on the 2019.

Edited by three4rd

The 2019 wc looks good up until Barcelona, after that to go in April towards Oslo and then crossing the rough North Atlantic towards Bermuda which means a week sitting inside, not so great....

I've never crossed the Atlantic on a cruise ship yet, but recently did the Drake Passage down to Antarctica, which turned out to be unbelievably smooth sailing for what is considered to be the (often) roughest stretch of water on the planet.

Not sure why you said the Amsterdam doesn't have balcony cabins. It does...

I didn't say the Amsterdam doesn't have balcony cabins; I said it doesn't have lanai cabins. There's a big difference between the two types of cabins.

Reread what I typed, which is what you quoted.

Lanai cabins are on Lower Promenade, converted from former outside cabins. They have sliding doors to the public promenade, with two reserved loungers for each lanai.

I didn't say the Amsterdam doesn't have balcony cabins; I said it doesn't have lanai cabins. There's a big difference between the two types of cabins.

Lanai cabins are on Lower Promenade, converted from former outside cabins. They have sliding doors to the public promenade, with two reserved loungers for each lanai.

My apologies! I thought about this shortly after I posted! I've never used the type of 'lanai' cabin you're referring to. I equated lanai with verandah. Sorry.

Funny, it's precisely at Barcelona that I think it's getting to the best part. Love that the ship enters the Atlantic and turns right, instead of left.

Very interesting itinerary.

With outside decks, pool etc. closed, I don't think so...

Yes, Ruth, that is just what DW and I thought as well! Very exciting to us and we have already been on three WCs none of which turned right and headed that way ... so this will be interesting.

For those concerned about Atlantic crossing .. we just got off the Grand Med FFL-FFL and we had 40mph winds all the way over and a storm following us all the way back ... so conseqently, no one got out much either way - I believe it just depends on a bit of luck what the weather will allow.

harry

With outside decks, pool etc. closed, I don't think so...

There's no reason to believe that outside decks will necessarily be closed. They will be closed only if the seas are too rough and winds too high. That can happen any time of year, but doesn't always happen.

No, the Amsterdam does not have lanai cabins.

As far as I know, the only ships with lanai cabins are the Veendam (first ship with them), the Rotterdam (second ship), and the Maasdam (last one before HAL changed their minds).

I know the Veendam has a great many lanais, and the Maasdam significantly fewer. I have sailed both ships after the conversion. I don't know where the Rotterdam fits in as far as number of lanai cabins goes.

The Volendam also has lanai cabins.