Just a tip...

lockone

We just got off the Gem and I wanted to share this tip. We booked one excursion and also bought a Norwegian branded item. We are Latitudes members and were entitled to a 10% discount but forgot to mention it (I know, our fault....that's why I'm sharing) please mention if your a latitudes member and get your discount since no one mentioned it to us.

Have a great day

see http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2485691

If you use your cruise card to pay for NCL gift shop items, they should see your status on your card.

True they should see the status but I always mention it before they finish the transaction since the cashier sometimes does forget to look. Usually they mention the discount amount while ringing the items. This happened on the Star and I noticed before signing and asked them to void and re-ring the purchase. A supervisor had to be called and it was quite the episode. Long story short I later had to go down to guest services because the supervisor did not void the sale. It was promptly taken care of but now I mention the discount.

Don't be surprised if people avoid this thread. Anything with the word "tip" is often avoided. ;)

Yea, that is funny.

I might add, it is GREAT that you added this tip. More people would read it if the subject line was a bit more descriptive. Still, thanks for pointing that out. We never buy anything onboard, but our Sister In Law is on next cruise and will be buying stuff. I will make sure she takes advantage of our Plat discount - at the register.

True they should see the status but I always mention it before they finish the transaction since the cashier sometimes does forget to look. Usually they mention the discount amount while ringing the items. This happened on the Star and I noticed before signing and asked them to void and re-ring the purchase. A supervisor had to be called and it was quite the episode. Long story short I later had to go down to guest services because the supervisor did not void the sale. It was promptly taken care of but now I mention the disco ount.

It is a good idea, but remember not everything in the gift shop will have the discount. It is like OBCs some can be used for one thing, some for another. I have to admit, everytime I think I have it figured out I am wrong.;)

Totally agree with this tip. The computer is not set up to apply the discount automatically, and for the cashier to do it spontaneously without you reminding them, they would have to (1) look at your card and notice your status, (2) notice that you are buying NCL logo merchandise, and (3) remember that this discount exists. That's about 5 things more than the typical cashier can be bothered to do.

It is a good idea, but remember not everything in the gift shop will have the discount. It is like OBCs some can be used for one thing, some for another. I have to admit, everytime I think I have it figured out I am wrong.;)

That is a good reminder and I can never figure out what is what sometimes. :)