Curling iron and power strip?

karri_jbear

Put a rubber band over the handle and button to hold the button down.

It does work if you can unplug the dryer! On MSC last summer you couldn't unplug and I couldn't get it over the dryer! I have long, very thick, wavy hair so having my good dryer makes all the difference!

Because (in my experience) the ships' hairdryers are weak and take a long time. Others don't stay on unless you continually hold down the power button, which is a bit of a PITA. I usually put up with it since we mostly limit ourselves to one small bag and a backpack, but if I'm checking a bag, my travel hairdryer comes with me.:)

Exactly what my wife told me. Hence,TMI! :D

This is always an interesting topic for me. I don't use a blow dryer or flat iron but I do enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning made from my Keurig which is banned from ship. My small one cup Keurig takes same amount of energy as coffeemaker in cabin but I'm not allow to bring it on board. But cabins have hair dryer's and everyone is allow to bring on there personal one. But if they banned these hair appliances there would be an uproar and revolt. Go ahead and start to flame me because I would rather have my morning coffee of choice than a flat iron.

You are correct that hair care appliances are the only things allowed that produce heat because of the uproar that would be heard if they were banned.

Regarding the ship supplied hair dryers and coffee makers, these are routinely taken out of service for inspection and testing by the ship's electricians, before being rotated back into service. For the coffee makers, this is mostly to do with the "auto off" switches, which on nearly all appliances are the feature that fails most often, and the feature that results in fires. Mr. Coffee almost went out of business in the 80's due to lawsuits over house fires caused by their auto-off switches failing. My electricians had one of the cruise line's coffee makers under test in their shop when it went up in flames, so it does still happen.

Since the cruise line cannot verify that your coffee maker has been inspected and tested, they won't allow you to bring it onboard.

Put a rubber band over the handle and button to hold the button down.

I've done that on before, but the dryer was weak and it just took longer than I would Ike to dry my hair. I usually put up with it, but prefer not to if I'm checking a bag anyway.

This is always an interesting topic for me. I don't use a blow dryer or flat iron but I do enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning made from my Keurig which is banned from ship. My small one cup Keurig takes same amount of energy as coffeemaker in cabin but I'm not allow to bring it on board. But cabins have hair dryer's and everyone is allow to bring on there personal one. But if they banned these hair appliances there would be an uproar and revolt. Go ahead and start to flame me because I would rather have my morning coffee of choice than a flat iron.

And you wouldn't want to view the mop on my head without a curling/flat iron/hair dryer, especially without coffee!;p:eek:

You are correct that hair care appliances are the only things allowed that produce heat ...,,,,

Really ??? All mobile phones and laptops I have ever owned produce heat. Indeed almost every electrical appliance does

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really ??? All mobile phones and laptops I have ever owned produce heat. Indeed almost every electrical appliance does

So does drying yourself with a towel.

Very well, let me correct my semantics. "Any appliance that has a heating element". Better?

Very hard to tell from the website...does the room come with a blow dryer?

Yes, every cabin that I have been in for years always have had at least one hair dryer. The issue that many have is that the dryers are low wattage (1200W) compared to what they use at home.

I know you can not bring a blow dryer on the ship but can you bring a curling iron and a power strip?

You are going for a vacation and not a beauty contest,

If there is a fire that caused by your curling iron,we all will be dead.

I've sailed for many years, always brought curling iron. It's never been questioned. Never a problem. :rolleyes:

So any fire caused by by a curling iron will result in the deaths of almost 3 thousand people ?? [emoji848]

Doesnt say much for the emergency procedures on board the celebrity boats [emoji15]

Sail on NCL. They have coffee makers in the cabins.

Let me ask this.....on the Solstice, how many sockets are built into the cabin?

There are two at the desk area. In the bathroom there is a low voltage outlet near the ceiling for a razor, electric toothbrush, etc. You cannot use a hairdryer or curling iron in the bathroom. My friend needed to hook up a Cpap machine and the steward got and ran an extension cord and taped it down to avoid a tripping hazard.