Choice Air: 30 min to connecting flight

That is too short. Remember Vancouver is international and they will have to close boarding doors 15 or so minutes in advance. Even if you are off the flight first, and the flight isn't a minute late, you have 15 minutes to run through the airport. MSP is not a small, single concourse airport. Choice Air is creating a bad situation.

the one time that I had connecting flights on an international we had to change terminals. This was on a flight from Anchorage to Toronto with a stop in Chicago. If you have to change terminals/concourse at MSP you could really be in a tight bind.

I called Air to Sea, they couldn't help me and said 30 min was fine. (Unless I pay change fee) They did give me their emergency number for the inevitable re booking. RCCL themselves gave me no more info to help. I called Delta and they said they don't know there will be cart available or not. (I like the idea of handing the driver $20.00 to get me to my gate quickly if needed. I will resign myself to knowing RCCL is responsible to get me to Vancouver. This is why I fly in a day early. Thanks everyone, if you have anymore good ideas let me know!

Not sure why you are being quoted a 30 min connect time. As of February 2017, the following minimum connect times apply:

These are the MCTs (Minimum Connect Times) for MSP:

Online and offline:

D-D: 40 minutes

D-I: 40 minutes

I-D: 1 hour

I-I: 1 hour

For most DL-DL connections:

D-D: 30 minutes (45 minutes if 7xxx, 8xxx, 9xxx flight numbers)

D-I: 35 minutes (45 minutes if Canada)

I-D: 1 hour 15 minutes (1 hour for Canada)

I-I: 1 hour 15 minutes (1 hour for Canada)

No matter how you look at it, 40-45 minutes is the minimum connect time. Just because it shows up on Choice Air's schedules, doesn't make it correct. If it were me, I'd move it up to a supervisor or resolutions. No need to start a trip with so much stress... just not worth it IMHO.

Good luck!!;)

Kindly inform your FA...NOT when you first board OR when they are busy...about your dilemma.

DO NOT RING THE BELL TO GET THEIR ATTENTION!

If you are NOT switching airlines, your gate may well be very close. The FA may be able to tell you what gate you are arriving at, and if your departure gate is nearby.

Even though you are stressed, remember to be really nice to everyone. They are all there to help you. If you freak out and make demands like your trip is more important than others, it probably won't go as well.

Keep calm and be nice.

If you stay with 30 mins...that's the best advice I can give you.

Enjoy your cruise!

I called Air to Sea, they couldn't help me and said 30 min was fine. (Unless I pay change fee) They did give me their emergency number for the inevitable re booking. RCCL themselves gave me no more info to help. I called Delta and they said they don't know there will be cart available or not. (I like the idea of handing the driver $20.00 to get me to my gate quickly if needed. I will resign myself to knowing RCCL is responsible to get me to Vancouver. This is why I fly in a day early. Thanks everyone, if you have anymore good ideas let me know!

Just FYI the golf carts on each concourse "roam" and there are usually plenty of them - easy to flag down. Delta does not control them or their availability. If you wanted actual assistance like a wheelchair Delta will arrange and have waiting at the gate for you.

I require Wheel Chair assistance. I would say about 90% of the time they hold me on the aircraft until it is empty and I can have free walk to the wheel chairs and attendants. They don't usually go first. I have flown First Class and still had to wait. The few times I have gotten off with everyone else, the wheel chairs were very slow, not wanting to mow down the other disembarking passengers. Not sure this is your answer to "rapid " gate change! Best of luck!:)

Also, bear in mind that in reality you have 20 minutes, as they will usually not allow people to board who are not there ten minutes prior. That happened to me once...due to my plane landing a bit late, I was at my connection gate only 10 min. prior. The plane was still at the gate but they would not let me board, as they had given my seat to someone else.

If you do not make it to your flight (which is not unlikely since you only have at most 20 minutes between scheduled arrival and the boarding door closing of your next flight) please don't make it the flight attendants or gate agents problem. This is not their problem. Your best bet is to go to the next gate as quickly as possible. Arguing or expressing your displeasure that they "made you miss your flight" (they didn't) is only slowing you down.

Also, i've never even heard of Choice Air and I fly out of MSP multiple days a week.

Also, i've never even heard of Choice Air and I fly out of MSP multiple days a week.

Choice Air isn't a airline. ;) It's the airline ticket booking service offered by Royal Caribbean/Celebrity, although I think it's called Air2Sea now.

I remember our first European trip was marred by the return flight out of Florida. It was a connecting flight out of Tampa to SFO on Delta, with a 30 minute connection in Atlanta. I questioned the connection with the airlines and was told "it's a legal connection for Atlanta."

Well, of course the flight was late out of TPA, so we missed the connection out of ATL.

Spent the next four hours running from gate to gate, (as directed by Delta), attempting to get onto another fight to SFO. Delta graciously offered to book a flight to SFO for us on Tuesday, (this occurred on a Saturday:eek:).

Finally, Delta asked for volunteers to give up their seats-for compensation, since there were at least 15 of us trying to get back home. This worked, and instead of flying home in First class, flew home exhausted in a middle seat in coach 5 hours later than the original scheduled flight. A total mess, and a lesson learned: Never book a domestic flight with less than a 1 1/2 to 2 hour connection, and increase that to 3 hours plus for international connections, (learned that the hard way in a separate incident).

OP, please do yourself a favor and do what it takes to get this situation corrected to avoid a problem!!

Tim

I remember our first European trip was marred by the return flight out of Florida. It was a connecting flight out of Tampa to SFO on Delta, with a 30 minute connection in Atlanta. I questioned the connection with the airlines and was told "it's a legal connection for Atlanta."

Well, of course the flight was late out of TPA, so we missed the connection out of ATL.

Spent the next four hours running from gate to gate, (as directed by Delta), attempting to get onto another fight to SFO. Delta graciously offered to book a flight to SFO for us on Tuesday, (this occurred on a Saturday:eek:).

Finally, Delta asked for volunteers to give up their seats-for compensation, since there were at least 15 of us trying to get back home. This worked, and instead of flying home in First class, flew home exhausted in a middle seat in coach 5 hours later than the original scheduled flight. A total mess, and a lesson learned: Never book a domestic flight with less than a 1 1/2 to 2 hour connection, and increase that to 3 hours plus for international connections, (learned that the hard way in a separate incident).

OP, please do yourself a favor and do what it takes to get this situation corrected to avoid a problem!!

Tim

Yeah that's another good point. You're paying for first class and if you miss your connection you have to take what you can get and it's usually not first class because they start upgrading the top tiers as early as 72hrs in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

I am the original poster of this thread. Our plane from Kansas City left 45 min late due to a mechanical issue before it ever got to us. Delta had already rebooked us for 2000 tonight to Vancouver. Still got our First Class Sears but not together, it's ok. We are hanging out in Delta Sky Club till this evening. It's all good. Thanks for your kind thoughts and advice everyone. I will be ever vigilent next time.😊 we never would have made that earlier flight due to changing concourses.

I am the original poster of this thread. Our plane from Kansas City left 45 min late due to a mechanical issue before it ever got to us. Delta had already rebooked us for 2000 tonight to Vancouver. Still got our First Class Sears but not together, it's ok. We are hanging out in Delta Sky Club till this evening. It's all good. Thanks for your kind thoughts and advice everyone. I will be ever vigilent next time.😊 we never would have made that earlier flight due to changing concourses.

Thanks for the update, glad it worked out. Enjoy the Sky Club:p