Choice Air: 30 min to connecting flight

Choice Air took care of my flights. They insist that 30 minutes is fine to change planes. (Minneapolis) Heading to Vancouver. Fortunately I am flying in a day early plus early in the day. I am also lucky to be seated in row 1 so will be first off flight.

That being said I am nervous as heck about making that flight to Vancouver. Any suggestions? I emailed airport to ask about golf cart but no response. I don't need a wheelchair but I'm no spring chicken

Thanks,

Myra

Choice Air took care of my flights. They insist that 30 minutes is fine to change planes. (Minneapolis) Heading to Vancouver. Fortunately I am flying in a day early plus early in the day. I am also lucky to be seated in row 1 so will be first off flight.

That being said I am nervous as heck about making that flight to Vancouver. Any suggestions? I emailed airport to ask about golf cart but no response. I don't need a wheelchair but I'm no spring chicken

Thanks,

Myra

Flying first/second push will give you a better chance of making your connection. MSP isn't a huge airport, nine concourses in two buildings. Who knows if you'll have a problem, but anything less than an hour between flights is pushing it. Maybe your crew can call your connecting gate if they are running late....Good luck!!!

Edited by Johnamac123

If you arrive on time, offer your transport (wheelchair or cart) $20 if they get you to your connecting gate within 10 minutes...and hold on tight. :cool:

You request the special service through the airline...not the airport. They will make a notatio

Thanks,

Myra

You can call the the special assistance of the airline directly and confirm if the 30 minutes is feasible as Choice Air insist. The wheelchair may be offered to you for both flights and noted on your booking.

Make sure you are sitting in the first few rows of economy. I am sorry but I would be nervous about a 30 min layover. I only book one hour or more depending on the airport. I am shocked at choice air decision to put you on that flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have not had great luck with choice air out of Minneapolis. (Most recently, we ended up with horrible seats on the plain, which weren't assigned until just before boarding!). On our next trip, we are going to book our own tickets....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks,

Myra

I'd look at the airline's schedules and see if there is an earlier option for the first flight. We've been able to get Choice Air to give us an earlier connecting flight for no extra charge, even though that earlier flight was not an option on the Choice Air website.

If you google the flight number, you should be able to see what it's on-time rating is. Same for the second leg. You will need to have the flight crew radio ahead for the cart to pick you up at the gate, be sure to explain that you have the flight to catch and a cruise to board.

depending on size of the airport , 30 minutes is easily doable if staying with the same airline and the gates are close together.

I would never describe a 30 minute connection as "easily doable" at any airport.............

I had a flight change, and the airlines gave me a 35 minute layover. Although I had choice air I called the airline direct. There response was 30 minutes was "allowed" but they gave me a change anyway because, they changed it and I explained, that a disabled person can not change terminals in 30 minutes or less, no matter how much help they get.

I would not do it, unless I was on way home, and I knew that there were other flights after this flight they can move you to.

Flying first/second push will give you a better chance of making your connection. MSP isn't a huge airport, nine concourses in two buildings. Who knows if you'll have a problem, but anything less than an hour between flights is pushing it. Maybe your crew can call your connecting gate if they are running late....Good luck!!!

Disagree with your comment about Minneapolis not being a huge airport. It is a big, well planned airport, with a lot of shopping/restaurants - easy to get around but a lot of walking.

Major hub for Delta/KLM and can be congested. Fly in and out of there frequently and would say a 30 minute connection is very tight.

They do have a very good network of golf carts shuttling people between concourss. Check where your flights usually land and take off from - may change - but have found they usually stay the same for each airline/destination. Wheelchair assistance might be your best bet.

OP, I'm surprised that you say ChoiceAir booked your flights. We regularly use ChoiceAir, but we make our own flight selections from the flights offered.

The last time we flew (Barcelona to home), we had a 4-hour stopover. When the first flight was delayed 1 1/2 hours, they arranged for airport staff to meet us with "priority" tickets that we could show at each security gate. It helped. Perhaps you could get something like that.

That is too short. Remember Vancouver is international and they will have to close boarding doors 15 or so minutes in advance. Even if you are off the flight first, and the flight isn't a minute late, you have 15 minutes to run through the airport. MSP is not a small, single concourse airport. Choice Air is creating a bad situation.

Thanks for the helpful ideas everyone. We are seated in first class so getting off first is doable. I will make phone calls today!

Also, depending on equipment, the boarding doors are often to the rear of First class, which puts you off after about 12-16 other folks get their things, put on their jackets and get out the door...

I would never describe a 30 minute connection as "easily doable" at any airport.............

Agree, and for sure boarding will have already started and overhead bins will be full, so be prepared to check your carry-on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums