Question about Deluxe Drink Package

Thinking about getting the deluxe drink package but have a question. Rather than purchase a separate soda package for my son, I was thinking about letting him use my soda cup once in while. Is this possible or do they police the usage of the cup?

Thinking about getting the deluxe drink package but have a question. Rather than purchase a separate soda package for my son, I was thinking about letting him use my soda cup once in while. Is this possible or do they police the usage of the cup?

Drink packages cannot be shared period. It is considered stealing, and yes they do check Seapass cards. If caught entire package will be canceled, no refund, and you will have to pay for all drinks you have had.

Do the right thing and either buy him a soda package or pay for his drinks as needed. You don't say how old your son is, but there are numerous drinks included with your cruise cost, just not soda.

On a recent cruise my wife went to the sky bar with her soda cup and the bar man asked for her card. We both had the deluxe package. Having a cup does not necessarily mean they will give you a drink without seeing your card. Its all up to the barman's discretion.

Will your son be able to just walk up to any bar and have his soda cup filled? No, they will ask for your card. Is anyone going to ask your son for his card when he walks up to any of the Coke Mix machines? No, they recognize a chip in the cup and pour away.

My email stated that there was a 3 day Memorial Day sale for Voom and deluxe beverage for 25% off. The price is $54, which seems pretty high to me.

Isn't this the normal price, I've seen it at this price before?

Is it better to just get the internet separately?? And then pay for drinks?

My email stated that there was a 3 day Memorial Day sale for Voom and deluxe beverage for 25% off. The price is $54, which seems pretty high to me.

Isn't this the normal price, I've seen it at this price before?

Is it better to just get the internet separately?? And then pay for drinks?

There isn't really a normal price, it varies by ship and by sailing. If you buy onboard the deluxe package seems to start at $65.

That seems not a bad price including the internet. Cheapest I have gotten the deluxe package was $50 incl gratuity. You didn't mention whether the $54 includes gratuity or not.

Our Navigator sailing has the Deluxe and VOOM for $54 as well. All these prices are going to be per day before the 18% gratuity. By comparison, the Deluxe package and VOOM bought separately on our sailing would come to $58 and change per day. So while not a huge savings it is something.

Prices vary from sailing to sailing and ship to ship so there's no catchall answer if it's a great deal or not. Really depends on if you'll use it or not. I can say with pretty good confidence that you're not likely going to get the combo deal for any less than that unless they throw out some crazy sale which is unlikely. Just keep checking your cruise planner for changes. I'd lock the price in now if you're wanting it, you can always cancel and rebook if price does happen to drop.

we had the deluxe package and were told we couldnt use the soda cup with it. We would have had to purchase the soda package as well to use them.

We always get the deluxe package and our soda cups are always waiting for us in our cabin...Not that we use them much. We do get bottle water from one of the bars on our way back to the room to store in our frig.

we had the deluxe package and were told we couldnt use the soda cup with it. We would have had to purchase the soda package as well to use them

Whoever told you that clearly didn't know what they were talking about. We've had the deluxe package and used the soda cups no problem.

Yes the cups were in our cabin too and then when we asked we were told they were only for those with the soda package and not deluxe. Didn't bother us as we could just get sodas from any bar anyway.

Somebody had no idea what they were talking about. The deluxe includes everything.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

Yes the cups were in our cabin too and then when we asked we were told they were only for those with the soda package and not deluxe. Didn't bother us as we could just get sodas from any bar anyway.

You were told by whom?

From the RC website:

7a9149169044f47b9657f3639a1059fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums