Vinegar?

cans only, no bottles

Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of this exception are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

• A $15 USD corkage fee, per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in the main dining room, steakhouse or bar. A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle served that was not bought on the premises.

cans only, no bottles

That applies to beverages. We can discuss if Vinegar is a beverage, but the rule is for beverages only. You CAN bring bottles of other things such as shampoo, mouth wash, eye drops, ketchup, hot sauce. I do not think vinegar is a beverage.

That applies to beverages. We can discuss if Vinegar is a beverage, but the rule is for beverages only. You CAN bring bottles of other things such as shampoo, mouth wash, eye drops, ketchup, hot sauce. I do not think vinegar is a beverage.

The reason you can't is that people then put booze in that container. It happens a every day. That is why the rule breaker ruin it for all.

Sent from my iPhone

The reason you can't is that people then put booze in that container. It happens a every day. That is why the rule breaker ruin it for all.

Sent from my iPhone

Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

It's not a rule breaker by any stretch. The rule is very clear. And many bottled liquids are permitted. It's not like an airline.

By the title, I thought this thread was going to go in a whole different direction!

On last year's cruise, mother in law brought a small bottle of cider vinegar for the same exact reason. She explained it to the security personnel in the terminal and they were fine with it. I'm sure it will be up to whomever you are explaining it to. Of course, they may not even notice it in your bag anyway.

Since you use it for medicinal purposes, I'd just pack it with toiletries and meds. Chances are, they'd never notice it at all. If they do, once they smell it, they'll know it's not alcohol. The worse that can happen is you'll be called to the naughty room.

They sell apple cider vinegar capsules?? [emoji33][emoji33] I'm going on Amazon right now!! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're welcome, glad to help! I got them on Amazon too. The best part is, you don't have to drink vinegar. :D

• 1 month later...
You cannot. No liquids unless its medicinal

This is not necessarily true- I've brought liquid foodstuffs onboard before... as long as they're not beverages, they've never objected before, as others have said. I think that the apple cider vinegar thing is common enough that they probably won't even question it.

This is not necessarily true- I've brought liquid foodstuffs onboard before... as long as they're not beverages, they've never objected before, as others have said. I think that the apple cider vinegar thing is common enough that they probably won't even question it.

Based on that information then I would suggest emailing NCL and asking them. That way if they say yes you can print it and bring it with you in case there is an issue.

On our Victory honeymoon, DW got "attacked" by a small jellyfish. We asked a waiter on Lido if they had any apple cider vinegar, and he brought us a small cup. He seemed surprised that we tipped him after. You might try your luck there.

They are planning on drinking it, that makes it a beverage.