Table for 2 in MDR

On Liberty last year when we went down first thing to request a 2 top, we found out we'd already been assigned to one! Not sure why, but it worked out. I had good luck with the email mentioned to get our party of 5 at a 5/6 top this year. We always eat at 5:30, so that may make a difference too.

My husband and I traveled just the two of us a couple weeks ago. We did MTD, and didn't email Royal Caribbean to request a table for two, and were always seated just by ourselves, usually in the same section as well. We eventually asked for the same section but we never had to ask for a table for two.

My TA always requests a table for two when she books us. We are not anti-social but the cruise is my time to spend with my husband. I travel for my job and the week is our catch back up time.

I think the waiter tends to ignore us because we are just two. I feel like we never get our glasses refilled and they never come by with extra bread. I am allergic to shellfish and as I understand it, they like me to pick out my dinner for the next night before I leave. My waiter never comes by with the menu. I don't care, but do find it funny when they suddenly hung out on the last night to make sure we gave them a "10". I always do.

It is a small price to pay for that relaxing meal with my best friend! Plus, I know how to go get them if I want something! I will continue to have a table for two as long as I am working. After retirement I may change my mind!

My TA always requests a table for two when she books us. We are not anti-social but the cruise is my time to spend with my husband. I travel for my job and the week is our catch back up time.

I think the waiter tends to ignore us because we are just two. I feel like we never get our glasses refilled and they never come by with extra bread. I am allergic to shellfish and as I understand it, they like me to pick out my dinner for the next night before I leave. My waiter never comes by with the menu. I don't care, but do find it funny when they suddenly hung out on the last night to make sure we gave them a "10". I always do.

It is a small price to pay for that relaxing meal with my best friend! Plus, I know how to go get them if I want something! I will continue to have a table for two as long as I am working. After retirement I may change my mind!

Most of the tables for 2 in MTD are literally just a foot apart from the tables either side.

Which choice would be easier for getting a table or 2, early seating or MTD? Thanks for any information.

MTD definitely. On our most recent cruise at no time were we seated with anyone other than our family or even asked. I thought it was because we have a younger child (she is 6), but we went once or twice without her and still sat alone. I would not have minded sitting at a larger table when we did not have DD. When I have my daughter, I prefer sitting by ourselves, because while she is pretty well behaved, I do not want to have to feel like I am constantly watching her ("no, don't just eat butter" or "you touched that bread, you need to keep it on your plate') AND be polite and hold a conversation with someone else.

Most of the tables for 2 in MTD are literally just a foot apart from the tables either side.

This. Which drove me a little nuts. We were on our honeymoon and trying to enjoy dinner, and these (very sweet) ladies next to us guessed that we were on our honeymoon and then wanted to talk all about where we're from and what we do. We'll do a table for two in MTD again on the next one, but I think that's why DH wanted to eat most dinners in the windjammer...

Which choice would be easier for getting a table or 2, early seating or MTD? Thanks for any information.

I would suggest stopping by/calling the MDR ahead of dinner the first day to get a reservation for whichever time you'd like to eat dinner. DH and I decided to wait until we were hungry, and they had no two tops available, so we had to go back an hour later.

This may not always be the case, and we didn't have to later in the trip, but that was poor planning on our part, because we had to wait and were hungry!

This. Which drove me a little nuts. We were on our honeymoon and trying to enjoy dinner, and these (very sweet) ladies next to us guessed that we were on our honeymoon and then wanted to talk all about where we're from and what we do. We'll do a table for two in MTD again on the next one, but I think that's why DH wanted to eat most dinners in the windjammer...

I understand,we often go into the specialty restaurants for a more intimate experience.

Agreed. We stopped asking for a table for two because of this. It seemed a bit awkward to try and talk to each other because you can hear other conversations. Sometimes you end up talking with others anyway because you are all seated so close together.

We go for a larger table now. :)

Guess we got lucky. Our 2 top was between a column and the service station along the railing looking down on the lower level. Close to the galley access so got to enjoy the craziness of service close up!

My husband and I traveled just the two of us a couple weeks ago. We did MTD, and didn't email Royal Caribbean to request a table for two, and were always seated just by ourselves, usually in the same section as well. We eventually asked for the same section but we never had to ask for a table for two.

Likewise.....we were on the Allure in April and there was never an offer for us to share a MTD table with others. Always our own table for two and usually in the same section

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's only for traditional dining either early or late that you would need to e mail Royal with your dining preference.