Last minute checklist

We leave in 9 days for our trip on Harmony of the Seas. Please tell me the last minute things I should make sure we have packed or the handy things you wished you had packed on your last cruise. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have our passports, set sail passes, and luggage tags along with tape for luggage tags... that is all I have out so far... and sunscreen... just starting to get stuff out for packing. Thank you!

Nightlight for the bathroom, so you don't have to turn the light on at night. A couple of strong magnets for hanginging things to the wall. Highlighter, post it notes, Lysol wipes, Lysol mini spray.

I totally agree with previous posters about their lists.

Oh and don't forget to pack a great attitude, so that no one, or nothing small, ruins your cruise.

Happy sailing!

Nightlight for the bathroom, so you don't have to turn the light on at night. A couple of strong magnets for hanginging things to the wall. Highlighter, post it notes, Lysol wipes, Lysol mini spray.

I totally agree with previous posters about their lists.

Oh and don't forget to pack a great attitude, so that no one, or nothing small, ruins your cruise.

Happy sailing!

No reason to bring a night light - there is an automatic night light built into the bathroom, when the lights are off! (kinda bright if you ask the person who needs complete darkness to sleep!)

Sunscreen is a MUST - baby wipes, agree with Downy wrinkle release spray - don't bring the iron, they will take it! Ziplocs are overlooked and underrated - comfy shoes, post it notes for all things, magnets to hang stuff/pictures/reminders on walls.

Overall - best week I had this past month was spent on Harmony!!!! Enjoy her, she's a beauty!!!

Over the counter stomach remedies (Imodium if you have that in the States)/ cold stuff (Neo Citran) - hopefully you won't need them but you never know. Photo ID like a driver's license so you don't necessarily have to take your passport with you when you get off the ship at ports.

I was really glad to have packed towel clips, refrigerator magnet chip clips (handy for hanging important paperwork from the walls) and strong magnetic hooks (which are usefull for hanging stuff from the walls). If you Amazon Prime them, you could get them in 2 days :)

Some things that I've learned from experience to pack...

Eye glass repair kit - my Glasses never break unless I am on vacation

Always take my flashlight that has a charging port for a phone - Emergency needs

We have a small secure satchel that combo locks to a lounger arm to secure phones, IDs, $$$ at pool or beaches

Always pack a few extra days of my meds in case we have any delays in travel.

Ear plugs (just in case I have loud neighbors)

We pack a small electric fan and RCI always allows it.

We always pack way too many clothes and tell ourselves every time we will pack less next cruise... but never do.

We leave in 9 days for our trip on Harmony of the Seas. Please tell me the last minute things I should make sure we have packed or the handy things you wished you had packed on your last cruise. Thanks!

If you haven't yet head over to your HOS Roll Call there are some great packing ideas and other tips for this cruise.

Not a typical list suggestion, but a waterproof digital camera was our best/favorite pre-cruise purchase! It was great to have not only for our snorkeling excursion, but so we didn't have to worry about phones or other cameras getting ruined by any kind of weather, ocean water, etc! We bought the Fujifilm Finepix XP90 on Amazon and with Prime were able to get it the next day.

I echo the magnetic hooks as well- bring 8-10, you'll use them! We constantly were hanging clothes to dry throughout the week.

Not a typical list suggestion, but a waterproof digital camera was our best/favorite pre-cruise purchase! It was great to have not only for our snorkeling excursion, but so we didn't have to worry about phones or other cameras getting ruined by any kind of weather, ocean water, etc! We bought the Fujifilm Finepix XP90 on Amazon and with Prime were able to get it the next day.

I echo the magnetic hooks as well- bring 8-10, you'll use them! We constantly were hanging clothes to dry throughout the week.

A camera is a good suggestion- water proof or otherwise. I don't even know where my camera is. I have an iphone and take all of my pictures with it. But most of the cruise it was in the safe. I did take it to Costa Maya and Cozumel to try to get wifi- so that is basically all the pictures I have. I did not even really carry it around the ship, since I was not using it. I am just so used to using my phone for pictures that I did not even think about the fact that I might not have my phone with me most of the time.

I did not use a lot of what we brought, but the main thing that I wish I had brought more of was sunscreen. We brought one can of spray sunscreen and a jar of face sunscreen and were just about out of it half way through the week. Normally a can of sunscreen will last all summer (and beyond) with us.

A gizmo that tuns one power socket into multiple sockets plus USB ports...necessary with, nowadays, having iPhone, iPad, camera batteries and other gadgets to charge and recharge...

Not packing, but other last minute checklist items:

Contact USPS (via website) and have a "vacation hold" placed on your mail...

If you get home newspaper delivery, contact the paper and have a vacation hold placed on delivery...

Call your credit card company and make sure they have it on record that you may be using your card in some unusual places (So it doesn't hit their "early warning" system--where they suspend the card until they can reach you to verify charges).

BTW, always carry at least one credit card that your spouse doesn't carry--in case one of you gets a wallet lost or stolen and have to cancel your cards. Make sure you have a list somewhere with credit card numbers--and phone contact numbers--in case you have to cancel your cards.

Make copies of your passports to pack away in your luggage...If, for some reason your passport is lost or stolen, it will at least help establish your identity (Lesson learned when my wife had her purse with passport and other ID stolen in France some years back...and we ended up spending a day and a half at the US Consulate in Milan trying to establish her identity and get a replacement passport).

Good luck and have fun...

We took an over the door shoe hanger for the outside of the bathroom door to stash sunglasses, brushes, my blowdryer, etc.

We got a travel alarm clock from amazon, and also a small surge protector which gave us extra outlets & USB ports.

We also took walkie talkies for when we were apart on board. I had exams & quizzes for school, so I'd send him away, and that's how I'd let him know he could come back lol

Strong magnetic hooks from Amazon. These things are great. Very Strong, I've been giving these to all my cruise friends. Small bills for tipping taxis, porters, etc.

I've heard you should take half as many clothes and twice as much money. I overpack but oh well!

Travel size Tide stick for your clothes. Should you get anything on them, the Tide stick takes it out pretty easily and you can keep wearing them!

I agree with the wrinkle releaser, but put it in a small handheld spray bottle that won't spill. My wife and I took some on our cruise a few cruises ago and it ended up spilling all over our carry on baggage, even after it was wrapped in a ziploc.

Good luck and have fun!

I make sure I bring a travel alarm clock. One that you can see the time at night. I hate getting up in the middle of the night and not knowing or being able to see what time it is and I like to set it so I can wake up early for gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums