First time on the Equniox pool questions...

dis2cruise

Hi

1. It can be hit or miss whether there is live music. Often DJs and sometimes live music, butnot always.

2. Fresh water pool

3. Drinks service poolside, but can take time, depending upon how many people around

4. Some pool games - advertised in the Dailies- you will need to look out for them. Not routine

2. Fresh water pool

Sorry to burst your bubble on this, but they are definitely saltwater pools. Filtered, but definitely saltwater.

The ship has a finite amount of fresh water they carry onboard so they would not be using it for the pools. ;p

The pool games are things like officers vs guest volleyball or golf, no belly flop, hairy chest, etc.

In the afternoon there is normally a DJ and a small band. They also do group dance classes there and very occasionally Zumba.

Sorry to burst your bubble on this, but they are definitely saltwater pools. Filtered, but definitely saltwater.

The ship has a finite amount of fresh water they carry onboard so they would not be using it for the pools. ;p

Saltwater like sea water or saltwater like home's salt water pool? The normal salt water pool you can't even taste the salt (less salty than tears) and it is soften water better for the skin and hair.

I would like to know this also.

Saltwater like sea water or saltwater like home's salt water pool? The normal salt water pool you can't even taste the salt (less salty than tears) and it is soften water better for the skin and hair.

I don't know the Equinox, or Celebrity ships in detail, but the reason for having a salt water pool on land is to use the salt to generate chlorine, and I am not aware of any salt based systems that are approved for use on ships. The ship's pool water is monitored on a continuous basis, and the dosage of chlorine adjusted continuously to match the bather load. All ship's pools, whether salt water or fresh water are dosed with chlorine for sanitation.

Saltwater brought in directly from the ocean. It's filtered I'm sure but you can taste the salt for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's filtered sea water...clear as "fresh", but you can taste the salt if it gets near your mouth. If you don't taste it, you'd never know! The pools heat up quickly if it's hot and sunny! Sometimes, they get too warm!

M class ships are sea water with salt content just like the ocean and changed every couple of days. S class I've never tasted salt in the pools. I had always thought that they were fresh water on S class. I had a salt system on my home inground pool and never had a salt taste in that so I guess it could be the same??