Matching TA perks

andymattmom

Just booked the Equinox for next May. I priced on Celebrity site and a box store site. Prices same except box store offered 2 perks plus 310 cash card to the store once cruise completed.

I had a Celebrity cruise planner contact me about interest. I stated what box store was offering, I was surprised that Celebrity agreed to match the amount in additional OBC. So I got classic beverage package, prepaid gratuity and the additional $300OBC (they can only do in $25 increments). I do have OBC amount in writing.

Have others gotten them to match?

It is good that you took the offer, the box store's 2 perks are gone now even though Celebrity Sea of Saving is still going on until end of today. I think they decided to take it out early. Wonder when will be the next special offer appears on Celebrity site.

Just booked the Equinox for next May. I priced on Celebrity site and a box store site. Prices same except box store offered 2 perks plus 310 cash card to the store once cruise completed.

I had a Celebrity cruise planner contact me about interest. I stated what box store was offering, I was surprised that Celebrity agreed to match the amount in additional OBC. So I got classic beverage package, prepaid gratuity and the additional $300OBC (they can only do in $25 increments). I do have OBC amount in writing.

Have others gotten them to match?

I have also gotten this offer from Celebrity before. I posted on this site and was called all sorts of names indicating I was delusional and a liar. Whatever!! I don't know where that came from but happy to hear you were as lucky as I was at one point in time. You got a great deal and what is nice is that you can call Celebrity directly about your reservations at any time. If they offered this deal to everyone all the time, I would never use a travel agency!!

I had the vacation planner tell me to contact him before I transferred to a TA when I booked in Dec. Even if they matched the generous OBC I get from my agent it would be OBN from Celebrity and what I get from my TA is OBR. Since it was a suite booking with all perks included that much OBC as non refundable would be useless to me. I took home my TA's OBC as a credit on my credit card.

Personally I prefer not to have my reservation with X. If I leave it with them then I have to call and sit on hold when I want to make a change or take advantage of a price drop. When I get a incorrect answer I have to call back, sit on hold for a manager or try and get to someone in Resolutions. We use a couple of large TA and always transfer the booking to one of them. Plus I feel like I have someone in my corner went I need an advocate.

Personally I prefer not to have my reservation with X. If I leave it with them then I have to call and sit on hold when I want to make a change or take advantage of a price drop. When I get a incorrect answer I have to call back, sit on hold for a manager or try and get to someone in Resolutions. We use a couple of large TA and always transfer the booking to one of them. Plus I feel like I have someone in my corner went I need an advocate.

You do! Celebrity will be way more responsive to a large TA that books thousands of folks yearly on their ships than my DH and I who only book a few. Just good business.

Personally, I'd prefer to have $310 to spend in the store than $300 OBC which will be non-refundable and I might not be able to use. That said, I congratulate the OP for checking it out and receiving the offer.

Interesting the varying views on who to book with. Last cruise with Celebrity we used big box store with no issues. On recent Norwegian cruise we booked direct with them no issues. Since this is a longer cruise and anniversary celebration for hubby we knew OBC would be spent on excursions or something.

:)

Good to know that Celebrity is willing to talk but I too like having a more accessible contact to follow up on price drops and changes. Our upcoming trip in September is one we booked onboard and got some extra OBC plus two perks and when we transfered to the big box store TA we got a nice gift card that should cover a lot of gas purchases for the next year after the trip.

Good to know that Celebrity is willing to talk but I too like having a more accessible contact to follow up on price drops and changes. Our upcoming trip in September is one we booked onboard and got some extra OBC plus two perks and when we transfered to the big box store TA we got a nice gift card that should cover a lot of gas purchases for the next year after the trip.

Wouldn't even offer me anything, I was bumped up the line and they all said NO. When I tried to negotiate they said it isn't there policy. Maybe it depends on your status with Celebrity. I was prepared to take OBC or something similar in value to my TA gift card figuring that it probably only costs them maybe 40% of what they give you when you have to spend it on board.

Of note I posted a similar reply yesterday about my experience to someone from Canada and my post and theirs were removed, even though no TA names or identifiers were on the message. I guess this is a sensitive issue with cruise lines.