Small ship cruises that include Spain and Portugal

drmarg

I am looking for a small ship cruise that will include both Spain and Portugal or alternatively separate cruises to these countries that could be booked back to back. Would appreciate any recommendations. Traveling in 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am looking for a small ship cruise that will include both Spain and Portugal or alternatively separate cruises to these countries that could be booked back to back. Would appreciate any recommendations. Traveling in 2018.

Here are three examples:

Azamara's Quest on 4/20/18

Windstar's Wind Star on 4/28/18

Starclipper's Star Flyer on 5/6/18

There's quite a few smaller ships which sail from Southampton to Spain and Portugal; try looking at Fred Olsen, Cruise and Maritime, and the smaller P&O ships. Sometimes they will continue down the peninsula and add Gibraltar or Morocco; some may touch ports in France such as La Rochelle, or Guernsey in the Channel Isles.

Also check Saga, although you have to be 50 yrs to sail with them

Most of the ships are not family friendly, but are for adults only, although Fred O does take children on most cruises.

There's a cruise on P&O's Adonia (same build as Pacific Princess) in Sept 2018, which covers Praia da Rocha, Seville (it will be beautiful Cadiz, I suppose), Valencia, Mahon (Minorca), Malaga, Gibraltar and Lisbon. That's from Southampton; 2 Portuguese, the rest Spain-including a Balearic island- and then Gib, which is UK

There will be others by the rest of the cruise lines, with more or less nights away. :)

Wow - what great information about cruise lines I didn't know about. Thank you all. If at all possible I'd like to go back to the river cruise size of ship, 200 or fewer passengers. I am familiar with Grand Circle having taken their Dalmatian coast trip in 2013 (and had a great experience).