Oasis of the Seas Incident

Any bright idea or actual knowledge on how that attaches to a cabin door?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

These aren't the best examples since these are designed for the inside and without a lock. However, the same thing would work with a little modification on the outside of the door ...

0f49966bb28bd30a06197a51722ce918.jpg

addalock.jpeg

All you need is a strong steel plate attached to a strong thin vertical bar with holes in the vertical bar that is big enough for a pad lock and another steel plate that slides on to the vertical and a pad lock. It would look something like the letter "I" except one end of the I moves toward the other end. The steel plates would prevent the door from opening and the padlock would keep the steel plate in place.

If all else fails, this would also work (just pretend the hand is actually the door) ...

51UXBqu2HQL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

and move on.

We have. The discussion moved on to lifeboats, life rafts, and beds. That has been resolved and now we've moved on to how to padlock a door without using a drill (at least I assume that is what John meant). Of course, if you can use a drill, then this will work ...

31nH4LklhbL.jpg

As will this ...

3MPJ5_AS01?$zmmain$

We have. The discussion moved on to lifeboats, life rafts, and beds.

And don't forget worker safety, consulting your doctor on how to eat on a cruise, unhealthy eating on a cruise, how many people die on cruises, what they do with dead bodies on a cruise, dead animal abuse...........all very enlightening! :D

And don't forget worker safety, consulting your doctor on how to eat on a cruise, unhealthy eating on a cruise, how many people die on cruises, what they do with dead bodies on a cruise, dead animal abuse...........all very enlightening! :D

I also worked in a recent picture of Bella. [emoji6]

With tens of millions of people traveling on cruise ships annually, it seems that the odds, unfortunately, of someone passing away from time to time are probably up there. And that's just people passing away naturally, not tragic accidents like pool drownings, food allergies, drunks falling overboard, etc. It does not surprise me that ships need to be prepared for these potential sad incidents. Condolences to the family of the deceased.

I'm assuming that the beds in the morgue don't count in the total bed count for life boats, even though you are at rest if you are on one.

Now that's another good topic.........we may need the Chief to help answer that. But the life boats are called LIFE boats, I'd think the living would have priority over the deceased.

Well, since there are no beds in the morgue, the question is moot. There are refrigerated drawers, but not beds.

This thread may be half dead but I am still gleaning new info! And, getting some really good laughs along the way! Lol. A padlock! 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm assuming that the beds in the morgue don't count in the total bed count for life boats, even though you are at rest if you are on one.

The morgue; exterior ocean view cabin on Deck 1 with great views of Davey Jones' locker. 164 sq. ft with 2 twin refrigerated drawers than can be combined to a King. The lap of post-mortem luxury. Please note that the air conditioning turns off when the drawers are open. A spacious sitting area with ample storage for all of your attendant's medical instruments and a pull out sofa that provides an additional full size refrigerated locker. A complimentary copy of Gray's Anatomy is included.

;)

The morgue; exterior ocean view cabin on Deck 1 with great views of Davey Jones' locker. 164 sq. ft with 2 twin refrigerated drawers than can be combined to a King. The lap of post-mortem luxury. Please note that the air conditioning turns off when the drawers are open. A spacious sitting area with ample storage for all of your attendant's medical instruments and a pull out sofa that provides an additional full size refrigerated locker. A complimentary copy of Gray's Anatomy is included.

;)

Fantastic post! Love it!!

Is that online digital or DVD copy?

Biker, who has been viewing the 2006 season.

Yes, the copy is complimentary, but everyone knows that it's digital...........of course you'll have to purchase VOOM to read it. Royal is also sucking money out of the dearly departed.:evilsmile:

This thread may be half dead but I am still gleaning new info! And, getting some really good laughs along the way! Lol. A padlock! 🤣🤣🤣

The easiest way to secure a cabin is to pull the battery pack from the electronic lock, and use the "hard" key (of which only about 4 are issued on the ship) to lock the door.

The easiest way to secure a cabin is to pull the battery pack from the electronic lock, and use the "hard" key (of which only about 4 are issued on the ship) to lock the door.

Thanks, I knew there had to be a way that did not involve an actual padlock.

Maybe bc CC seems to be the source of so many answers in the past, couldn't hurt to try.

I'm sure the OP regrets it after some of the follow up comments.

No kidding, good grief it is just a question. If it bothers you move on, no need to be rude.

We were on that cruise and heard absolutely nothing. We did see a teenager with a busted eye on the 1st day at sea. I did see a Family leave with their luggage in St Marteen. But other than that heard nothing or saw nothing at all.

The OP moved on a long time ago. As should people who do not have good pictures of padlocks, kittens, or even a spare platypus

Here you go ...

150622_WILD_Platypus.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg