TA and cruise documents

trout96

Cruise lines nor TA's provide "Cruise Documents" anymore. Well,, maybe some do or might, but mostly everything is electronic now.

Just go to the cruise line web site, login, and print out your own documents.

TA told me she would print them off. She has not done anything other than data entry for her commission so yes I expect her to do what she has said she will do.

Well then, you need to call your TA.

The documents have been available for months now

Cruise lines nor TA's provide "Cruise Documents" anymore. Well,, maybe some do or might, but mostly everything is electronic now.

Out TA always prints out our docs as well as the luggage tags and sends them to us two - three weeks before sailing. Maybe some don't but that is part of the service she provides.

TA told me she would print them off. She has not done anything other than data entry for her commission so yes I expect her to do what she has said she will do.

If she said she would print them for I'm sure she will. If you are concerned regarding the date contact her for a follow up. Other than the first couple of pages regarding your boarding docs and booking confirmation, there really is not much to review in the docs. Most of it is boiler plate and reproduced from the terms and conditions shown on the cruise line websites and can be reviewed in less than an hour. You also only need the first couple of pages at check in.

Regarding her commission, what service level did you expect from her? If there is something she should have done but has not, or if there is more than processing and maintaining you booking you needed, then you should discuss that with her or move on to a different one next time around. But the commissions are paid by the cruise line and since most mass market cruise lines maintain the same base stateroom rate either by booking directly through them or through a TA there is no cost advantage - or disadvantage - using a TA or not.

Some cruise lines still are courteous enough to provide paper "documents" and actual printed luggage tags (the same as those used by airlines) directly and/or through the TA (depending on your stated preference). Depending on the particular line, these "docs" may arrive two months +\- prior to sailing and be followed up with an e-mail "summary" and/or additional e-documents (purchased excursions, restaurant reservations, etc.) closer to sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can exert pressure if you want by calling them often. Then use another TA on your next cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will go with different agent next time. I use an agent as second eyes to make sure everything is done right. Sorry cautious person. She doesn't answer phone and has trouble calling back so I have called many times.

Just log into your reservation on the Cruiseline website. You will need to create an account and then you can go to your reservation (cruise line reservation #) should be on your invoice from when you paid for your cruise.

You can fill out the info the cruiseline needs for you account and passport info. You can print out your paperwork or just view & read your papers.

Our cruise documents were available six weeks prior for our upcoming cruise.

You can easily print your documents up if you just log into the cruise line and enter your cruise confirmation number into the "Booked Guests" area.

A good travel agent will respond within a few hours if not immediately after you have contacted them.

Jonathan

Based on prior posts under the OP that they are sailing Princess out of Southampton. I certainly hope by now the OP has researched Visa requirements for their trip and gone into the Princess website and entered their passport info and credit card info for their party.