Children in Pinnacle Grill

calteacher

HAL site blurb makes no mention of reduced price for kids:

Pinnacle Grill

Enjoy dishes inspired by America’s Pacific Northwest, such as king salmon from Alaska and choice, responsibly raised beef from Washington State’s Double R Ranch. Complement your meal with a selection of boutique wines from the Pacific Northwest and other celebrated vineyards from around the world.

Cost: $39 per person

Well this past September we were on The Eurodam in the Mediterranean.

We usually eat in the Pinnacle and this one evening a couple from Dubai had their 3 children seated at a table across from us. They questioned the price for children and when they were told it is the same price, they politely got up and left.

You would think MAYBE CHILDREN UNDER 12 would be discounted.

Denise :)

I don't know the ages of your children, but, if they are relatively young what a roll call member did may be of help?

They were doing Le Cirque with us and fed the children earlier and then the children went to Club HAL/Loft when it opened. (The children loved Club HAL/Loft so they were very happy with this). So, they had fun while we dined. The children joined us at 10 pm once the kids' activities had closed. (The waiters were delighted to see them and even offered them desser :D).

They had fun and so did their parents.

Just in case it is of help.

I do remember seeing children eating in the Pinnacle for dinner several years ago -- and younger ones were free and teens were half price.

But in the last couple of years, I noticed that there was at most one or two older children eating with their parents. It certainly does sound like HAL has changed the pricing for children and is charging full price for them.

Kazu has a good idea about what to do with the children while the parents eat at the Pinnacle.

Thanks for the responses. I, too, had recalled when children under 12 were free. However, it seemed that this was probably no longer true hence the question. Since we are taking our family of 8 to celebrate our 50th, the $$$ so far has been sufficient that we can skip the elegant dinner.

The last cruise we were on, the meal was not up to par. My "medium" steak was so underdone I wondered how long it had been on the grill. By the time the waiter came to see if my meal was "OK", I had nearly finished the other items and chose to not have my steak cooked further. By the end of the meal, the manager came to see it and agreed the chefs had done a lousy job. In fact, he gave us a free lunch the next day. So, I doubt we will attempt the Pinnacle this trip.

Maybe there's no reduced price to discourage people from ringing kids in and ruining the fine dining experience.

Yes. That must be it. Assume that it would be impossible for children to be well mannered in the PG. Forgetting of course that we were all children once.:rolleyes:

Yes. That must be it. Assume that it would be impossible for children to be well mannered in the PG. Forgetting of course that we were all children once.:rolleyes:

We have certainly seen children in the Pinnacle Grill that were very well behaved. In fact, a lot better behaved than some adults that were there :D:)

Yes, it's possible that children can be well behaved, or their parents will remove them if they are not. BUT, overwhelmingly lately, millennial parents believe the world revolves around (them and) their children and find their kids' disturbing antics beguiling and expect the rest of us to do so as well. Take them to the MDR or Lido. Bah, humbug.

My "medium" steak was so underdone I wondered how long it had been on the grill.
My rule of thumb on steaks - order one level more done that I prefer (or would tolerate). Chefs (cowardly ones anyway) figure it is easier to cook under-done more that un-cook over-done so lean that way. ;)

Maybe there's no reduced price to discourage people from ringing kids in and ruining the fine dining experience.

How Arrogant. Most kids I have seen at any fine dining restaurant have been well behaved. Certainly more so than some adults.

Responses like this certainly do not help the original poster and in my opinion ruins the experience of many people on this website.

My rule of thumb on steaks - order one level more done that I prefer (or would tolerate). Chefs (cowardly ones anyway) figure it is easier to cook under-done more that un-cook over-done so lean that way. ;)

My experience is almost the opposite! The steak is usually more cooked than what I ordered. Except for high end steak restaurants where they pretty much always get it right. Then again, I am happier with more-underdone that mor\ve-cooked.

Yes, it's possible that children can be well behaved, or their parents will remove them if they are not. BUT, overwhelmingly lately, millennial parents believe the world revolves around (them and) their children and find their kids' disturbing antics beguiling and expect the rest of us to do so as well. Take them to the MDR or Lido. Bah, humbug.

That hasn't been my experience, but we don't do 7 day cruises at spring break time and tend to do longer cruises.

1of4's children (I hope she doesn't mind me naming them) were not only gorgeous but absolutely charming, perfectly behaved and an absolute pleasure to be around. Sadly, if you want to go back to my Westerdam live thread from then, you will see someone with the same attitude that seems to appear in your post treated them very badly. Fortunately, they had more class than the adult.

On our Prinsendam cruise, there were two young children and for the record, the parents were Millenials. The children were absolutely lovely. Along with Club HAL their parents were very proactive in their care. They were invited to the VIP receptions, etc. and the children literally stole the show

There are lots of great parents and children out there. I am the first one to say I hate a poorly behaved child and screaming kids doing tantrums, but I have seen more of those on planes than I have on HAL. ;)

My experience is almost the opposite! The steak is usually more cooked than what I ordered. Except for high end steak restaurants where they pretty much always get it right. Then again, I am happier with more-underdone that mor\ve-cooked.

I've eaten in more steakhouses than I can remember, and I still look forward to the PG. We've never had anything but great dinners and service.