Microwave?

bnsilly

That gives me an idea. Going to bring some popcorn seasoning for the movies. One small shaker should do and doesn't take much room. Hopefully it's allowed in my checked luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree - it had no butter and no salt. I threw mine away and I love popcorn.

There are salt shakers provided where you get your popcorn (typically at the Red Frog Bar). It's very easy to add the amount you want. Not everyone wants butter or salt on their popcorn. And not everyone wants the same amount of salt.

There are salt shakers provided where you get your popcorn (typically at the Red Frog Bar). It's very easy to add the amount you want. Not everyone wants butter or salt on their popcorn. And not everyone wants the same amount of salt.

Agreed. But the popcorn needs to be decent tasting to begin with. I can eat plain popcorn if it's good. Besides, the salt doesn't solve the lack of butter.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I agree - it had no butter and no salt. I threw mine away and I love popcorn.

If they added salt and butter, the healthfood police would be screaming that Carnival was out to kill them!

Good idea Jumon, shaker of seasoning. There used to be some kind of dried butter-ish flakes, Not for my taste but that might work as a substitute.

I like the popcorn. It is bland, but there are seasoning and salt shakers nearby. The popcorn is made in a movie style popcorn maker (portable, though), so it is made with oil and kernels. Just no additional flavorings added by the staff.

No there aren't any microwaves. Having lived in a college dorm and staying in many hotels, I can't tell you how many times the smoke alarms went off in the middle of the night due to people burning popcorn.

As others have mentioned, there is popcorn at the dive in movie. Another alternative is to bring your own packaged already popped popcorn.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If they added salt and butter, the healthfood police would be screaming that Carnival was out to kill them!

Good idea Jumon, shaker of seasoning. There used to be some kind of dried butter-ish flakes, Not for my taste but that might work as a substitute.

Molly McButter. I absolutely love the stuff on popcorn and corn on the cob. I really have no idea why since everyone thinks i'm crazy for liking powdered butter. :confused::confused:

812WOVgzroL._SY679_.jpg

I seem to recall not enough salt. One important thing is if the salt they provide is just granulated it won't stick to the popcorn. You need fine salt or popcorn salt. The yellow stuff called Flavacol is what most places use. They also use fake butter flavored oil. The heck with healthy. Movie theater popcorn is supposed to have movie theater popcorn flavoring! :D

Butter buds

I noticed this on john h facebook page:

Name: Samuel------

Message: Heald!! Have you tried the popcorn you give us the paying customers at the movies on the jumbotron? It has no butter and no salt. I threw mine away and I love popcorn. Get better quality. Make us pay for it I guess but don’t serve us this **** and tell us its popcorn.

Well, it might not be the best popcorn in the world but it is ummmmm………….popcorn, isnt it? I mean, its not bits of fried Yak we are putting in bags, it’s opocorn and dare I say it is free popcorn. Anyway, lets see if anyone else here agrees with Samuel:

Take your own along with the BBQ grill.

Own popcorn? Or own microwave?

Actually a small hibachi for the balcony or a George Foreman electric grill for an inside cabin, might be a way to avoid the Lido buffet;p