Must book under current promotion?

chubbypiggy

Yesterday I called to book the April 27, 2018 Japan and North Pacific crossing (16-day). On the Princess website, it does not fall under any current promotion. After giving my Captain Circle number, the Princess agent told me this cruise is currently under the Exotic promotion. She told me it is a mailer promotion for all Captain Circle members. Under this promotion, the deposit is non-refundable if you cancel. I do not want to book any cruise that the deposit is non-refundable, especially when it is almost a year away. So I told the agent to book under the regular price and not the promotional price so my deposit is refundable. I was on the phone with her for over an hour (I was placed on hold on and off), during that time, she said she tried to book it under different codes, she called 2 other departments, and she was told when there is a promotion, one must book under the promotional price and condition. Even if the customer does not want to take advantage of the promotion price and willing to pay the regular price, the system will not be able to book the cruise.

I decided to call Princess again today. Another hour was spent on the phone waiting for the agent to try all different codes, and the answer is the same, “Must book under the promotional price with non-refundable deposit”. She said the Exotic promotion will end on 6/30, and if there is no new promotion at that time with non-refundable deposit, then they will be able to book it for me. But if new promotions are also non-refundable deposit, then I will have to continue to wait. Most of the good cabins are already taken, waiting for another month or longer is definitely not a good idea.

Anyone had similar situation in the past?

I find your situation very interesting. I just went on the Princess website and searched for your cruise. When it first came up, there was no indication of it being part of a sale. But when I clicked on the green button to the right (further info or something like that) the next page showed it was part of the Red, White and Blue Sale. I began a fake booking, and the notice popped up about the non-refundable deposit.

That being said, I've read on CC many time the supposedly one can book at the "regular" price during any sale with non-refundable deposits. But you were told twice that that is not the case. I hope some others will comment who have had more experience with this. Good luck to you!

I find your situation very interesting. I just went on the Princess website and searched for your cruise. When it first came up, there was no indication of it being part of a sale. But when I clicked on the green button to the right (further info or something like that) the next page showed it was part of the Red, White and Blue Sale. I began a fake booking, and the notice popped up about the non-refundable deposit.

That being said, I've read on CC many time the supposedly one can book at the "regular" price during any sale with non-refundable deposits. But you were told twice that that is not the case. I hope some others will comment who have had more experience with this. Good luck to you!

At the beginning, the Princess agent told me I must book under the promotional price. Then I told her I remember reading on CC that even if there is a promotion, one can book at the regular price. That is when she started trying different codes and calling other departments. At the end, still no luck.:(

Tell her you want FIT (fully independent traveler, or "brochure") pricing. We just went through this. I don't like to book under non-refundable promotions. I was able to book an exotic cruise under FIT. i did this just to secure the cabin I wanted. Hopefully there will be a promotion or sale with a fully refundable deposit after the Red, White and Blue promotion expires.

You can also try a cruise travel agent. They seem to know their way in and out of these things as I am also pretty sure you can book outside of the promotion, even when the promotion is going on. I also think FIT rate code is the normal pricing.

I am sure brochure pricing is nothing new for Princess and

I know about the call back several times and get different answers but this is strange that....

the numerous reps that the OP talked to that at least 1 did not know about this. :o

I was successful booking a refundable deposit through my TA. I didn't get the perks offered but the price difference was minimal. I distinctly remember her telling me she just had to use the right code. A little time searching and she had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yesterday I called to book the April 27, 2018 Japan and North Pacific crossing (16-day). On the Princess website, it does not fall under any current promotion. After giving my Captain Circle number, the Princess agent told me this cruise is currently under the Exotic promotion. She told me it is a mailer promotion for all Captain Circle members. Under this promotion, the deposit is non-refundable if you cancel. I do not want to book any cruise that the deposit is non-refundable, especially when it is almost a year away. So I told the agent to book under the regular price and not the promotional price so my deposit is refundable. I was on the phone with her for over an hour (I was placed on hold on and off), during that time, she said she tried to book it under different codes, she called 2 other departments, and she was told when there is a promotion, one must book under the promotional price and condition. Even if the customer does not want to take advantage of the promotion price and willing to pay the regular price, the system will not be able to book the cruise.

I decided to call Princess again today. Another hour was spent on the phone waiting for the agent to try all different codes, and the answer is the same, “Must book under the promotional price with non-refundable deposit”. She said the Exotic promotion will end on 6/30, and if there is no new promotion at that time with non-refundable deposit, then they will be able to book it for me. But if new promotions are also non-refundable deposit, then I will have to continue to wait. Most of the good cabins are already taken, waiting for another month or longer is definitely not a good idea.

Anyone had similar situation in the past?

I spoke with a Princess rep this week to cancel a booking, and she asked if I wanted to book another cruise. I told her I would wait until they had a new promotion that had refundable deposits. She said a new one was coming in July and indicated that it might be a sip and sail, hope that's true! Another thought, I had booked a cruise under a non-refundable deposit and later had it refared for a better promotion where the deposit was lower and refundable. So if you feel like taking your chances, you could book now to ensure your cabin and refare when a better promotion becomes available.

Tell her you want FIT (fully independent traveler, or "brochure") pricing. We just went through this. I don't like to book under non-refundable promotions. I was able to book an exotic cruise under FIT. i did this just to secure the cabin I wanted. Hopefully there will be a promotion or sale with a fully refundable deposit after the Red, White and Blue promotion expires.

I called Princess and told the agent that I want to book under brochure pricing so my deposit is refundable. After I gave her all the information, she placed me on hold and returned after 15+ minutes saying she found a promotion for me that the deposit is refundable. Then she gave me the price, and it is exactly the same price as what the other agent told me yesterday under the non-refundable deposit promotion. I told her so and she placed me on hold again for another 15+ minutes and came back saying she is getting conflicting information. She said in one place, that price shows as non-refundable deposit, and in another place, it shows as refundable deposit. I told her not to bother anymore on finding any promotion for me, and just use the code FIT. Then she said she needs to call another department. Again, on hold for another 15+ minutes. Finally she was able to book under brochure pricing. The price is $500 more per person. The cabin that I want is gone, and she said there is only one cabin available for the midship balcony. So I told her to go ahead with the booking.

Thank you so much for your assistance. I will continue to look out for new promotions with refundable deposit.

Daisy (chubbypiggy). Hi I have seen on the rollcall the problems you where having. So I looked at the Australian site to see what's available (friends from USA used an Australian TA earlier this year for cruise B2B from Australia and saved half the fare they where paying from USA).

Was surprised so many cabins available for Tokyo to Alaska portion as shows sold out to Vancouver part.

What area of ship and type of cabin did you want and I will tell you if they are showing available here in Australia.

Interiors are sold out

Oceanview 2 cabins on P deck

Balconies

Aft 17 cabins A deck, 15 cabins B deck

Mid Aft 16 cabins A deck, 3 cabins C deck

Midship 3 cabins A deck

Mid forward 19 cabins A deck, 10 cabins L deck, 7 cabins B deck, 12 cabins C deck.

Forward 5 cabins B deck

Minisuite

Aft 13 cabins, D deck

Mid Aft 9 cabins D deck

Mid forward 15 cabins D deck

Forward 6 cabins D deck

Suites

Only 1 left midship C deck

By the way there is no sale in Australia on this cruise at present.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Daisy (chubbypiggy). Hi I have seen on the rollcall the problems you where having. So I looked at the Australian site to see what's available (friends from USA used an Australian TA earlier this year for cruise B2B from Australia and saved half the fare they where paying from USA).

Was surprised so many cabins available for Tokyo to Alaska portion as shows sold out to Vancouver part.

What area of ship and type of cabin did you want and I will tell you if they are showing available here in Australia.

Interiors are sold out

Oceanview 2 cabins on P deck

Balconies

Aft 17 cabins A deck, 15 cabins B deck

Mid Aft 16 cabins A deck, 3 cabins C deck

Midship 3 cabins A deck

Mid forward 19 cabins A deck, 10 cabins L deck, 7 cabins B deck, 12 cabins C deck.

Forward 5 cabins B deck

Minisuite

Aft 13 cabins, D deck

Mid Aft 9 cabins D deck

Mid forward 15 cabins D deck

Forward 6 cabins D deck

Suites

Only 1 left midship C deck

By the way there is no sale in Australia on this cruise at present.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Raebay,

Thank you for the information. I want midship Baja deck. I finally were able to book the cruise using brochure price (because I do not want the current promotion with non-refundable deposit). I took the last available midship balcony cabin on the Baja deck.

Thank you.