"Movie Room" on the Equinox???

bluecruisin

Celebrity Central is a place?

Not sure about the Equinox but on Silhouette, Celebrity Central is the open area just outside the Theater and the small movie Theater. On Silhouette, there are about 2 to 3 movie showing per day and it is on the daily. I think the first one is usually around 11am, 2nd around 5 to 6pm, 3rd one is around 10pm. We caught the very first show when we were on Silhouette at 5pm, we were the only one in the entire theater!

I must agree with Alakegirl. Celebrity Central IS the theatre venue where they show movies, do presentations, have late night comedy, etc. It is accessed through the Entertainment Court (which is the open area). I believe it's the same on all the S Class ships and definitely on the Silhouette (we were there in December).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes it's a place. Enter from the entertainment Court. It has theater style seating, is used for lectures, movies, sometimes late night comedy.

You are correct. There are movies there during the day. the seats are very comfortable. Not many seats but plenty for a movie. It can get really crowded for the late night comedy, when scheduled. It used to be the place where Sin City Comedy was held.

It has theater style seating

Unless the seating has been replaced, this is not theatre-style seating... just chairs with some additional padding.

the seats are very comfortable.

I guess for an hour class or presentation... not for much more.

Celebrity Central is a out of the way small theater that is very easily missed or confused with thinking it is the name of the entertainment court on deck 4 outside the main theater. There is a little corridor on the starboard side of that court leading into it that looks as if it is a service entrance. We try to explore all parts of a ship and it took us a few days before we noticed it. The name is very misleading, it is not central.

It is not a very good place for a movie. People constantly come and go or just open the door to look in. The screen is rather small and the picture quality and sound are poor. With the constant interruptions by people talking as they walk in during the movie, the doors constantly slamming by those peeking in and the activies going on outside it difficult to watch and hear the movie.

I know it seems negative but don't expect it to be anything like a modern high tech movie theater with great sound and picture.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Ah I thought it was the court that is called Celebrity Central. I think I was looking at the map they gave us and it looks like Celebrity Central was the court. I agree that the movie theater was very sad looking with a very small screen like a home theater size one. I think it is setup more like a college lecture hall with the movie screen put in as an afterthought. And the movies they are showing are older ones (3 to 6 months old) not the currently in theater ones.

The seats on the Solstice are theatre style but believe me they are NOT comfortable. They are super low and the seat portion tilts forward. They all need to be replaced, as does the screen. There is so much great technology available now and they need to update. But, then again, they're starting to add their outdoor screens on some ships, which are actually quite good and I like that they are not at the pool.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And the movies they are showing are older ones (3 to 6 months old) not the currently in theater ones.

You will never see movies currently in theaters (unless they have been there for a long time) on a ship or a plane. Licensing prevents that. 3-6 month old movies is the very best you will do.

While on Equinox this spring, we were able to view a few movies, one of which was fairly recent "Hidden Figures" and one movie that I encourage everyone to see.

The other events in "Celebrity Central" included cooking demonstrations, staff and guest events ("Wedding Game" is great fun) but no outside comics (so far as I know). We did attend a few guest lecturers' presentations which were excellent. The live activities were well attended and often "standing room only". Bar tenders did serve drinks during the evening activities.

You will never see movies currently in theaters (unless they have been there for a long time) on a ship or a plane. Licensing prevents that. 3-6 month old movies is the very best you will do.

Unless you're on a Disney cruise. On DCL you will see currently running Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, and Disney distributed movies. They premier on sea the same day they do on land. This is a great feature for movie lovers.

Unless you're on a Disney cruise. On DCL you will see currently running Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, and Disney distributed movies. They premier on sea the same day they do on land. This is a great feature for movie lovers.

I was going to say that too. My previous cruise before Celebrity was on Disney Magic. Saw a bunch of movies that just came out on theater. The movie theater on Disney Magic was about 10 times bigger than the one on Silhouette.

That makes sense since the are the license holder. Nice feature on DCL.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app