My Cruise Is Gone!

gbits

Read a post that prices are going up July 1st so starting tooling around to see if there was anything of interest in 2018. Booked a Tahiti cruise for 2019 about a month or so ago and, while is was looking, thought I would check to see if the Tahiti one was selling. Much to my surprise, when I put in February 2019 to Tahiti, only 1 cruise came up & it wasn't mine. I then went into my account and the booked cruise list. The cruise is listed but when I click on it, it shows every category as closed! Asked my TA and she said she's had no notification of anything. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had something similar happen to us about a year ago. Turned out they were changing the ships around and totally redoing a lot of the itineraries. It took about a week for them to get back to my TA with a cruise they had just put us on. He did call when I contacted him but they just said be patient. We then moved to a cruise we wanted versus the one they defaulted for us. This too was with a cruise that was out in the future like the one you are on.

I hope this gets resolved for you and I understand your frustration.

that has happened before where they repositioned the ships to another area

It is far enough away you will have time to find another cruise going to where you want or maybe the itinerary will sill suit you better :)

Its a bit complicated for us as we are more flexible than our travelling partners. The boat is currently scheduled to be in the middle of the Pacific Ocean as the cruises around it have not been touched. I called and they indicated that it might be a date change. I am not sure what that means but will have to be patient. I just hope that they are not combining the 2 ten day cruises into one cruise as our friends might not be available to do that. It is hard to change the dates of 1 cruise and not those before and aft so we will see.

It may be more about the search function than the itineraries - not definite, but possible.

When they announced itineraries in April 2017 the search function was not fully up to speed (searching by region and date missed a *lot*). If you search for your ship (not the region) it worked better then, perhaps also now.

My TA just passed on the email she received from Oceania - cruise has been cancelled "as a result of a chartered sailing". Bummer! Going to try to move to the 2/10/19 one, although strangely the email only suggests the 2 January ones having the same itinerary & not the other February one

Just wondering, since "O" cancelled did they make you an offer. Once on SeaDreams that happened to us and they moved us to a cruise that departed 2 days later from same port-but it was up to us. They offered all cost that we'd have to pay in changing everything plus a 50% discount on what we paid for the cruise if we took the new cruise. If we didn't take the cruise - the offer was full refund of cruise plus any cost we didn't get back and a discount on the next cruise.

They are giving us a $250 credit towards a future cruise, which I thought was pretty stingy (not even per person, just per cabin). Oh well. The good news is the 2/10/19 one is being changed from a 10 day to a 12 day (guess that's why it wasn't included in the suggested other options to rebook). 2 more days works for me so we are rebooked on the 2/10/19 cruise [emoji3]

Hi, Just to be clear. The extra 2 days was a bonus only in that they added them but they also raised the price. Agree not the end of the world except that we were doing a back to back so we had to cancel the 2nd leg. I would like to see some future cruise credit for that one as well but looking doubtful. We may lose some money on the insurance that we paid outside. Checking on that today.

We may lose some money on the insurance that we paid outside. Checking on that today.

Surely they can adjust the dates & price this far out without costing you to be out of pocket

We've clearly had this discussion before! Historically, Oceania would not have released 1st half 2019 cruises until mid September of this year. Viking, and a couple others, started releasing cruises two full years out, then all the chatter for Oceania to do the same.

Now we have cruisers upset at O because the Line needs to make changes to those future cruises. No one can book air or even tours that far out, but now we have the aggrieved! How many people here have booked air, even six months out, and haven't seen multiple schedule changes and flight cancellations? Here's a planning note for those TWO year out Schedulers. You should expect changes, and count your lucky stars if they don't happen! IMO, Oceania would probably be better served going back to its original cruise release schedules ( except for the RWT), than to frustrate the easily aggrieved.

I posted, on a separate thread about the the advantageous flexibility that Oceania can often display. For these cruises, far out in the future, the same flexibility should be expected from her customers!

Tough crowd. I am an Oceania fan and I understand everything you are saying. I can certainly move my cancelled cruise to another date but I cannot connect to my back to back. So, yes I am disappointed but aggrieved - maybe you are overreacting to anyone who expresses a concern or disappointment in the cruise line.

Had your cruise been cancelled within a 330 day window, were one "might" have already procured airfare and "might" have locked in vacation, I would have surely "felt your pain". At over 18 months out, it's a very tiny violin being played. Also those crying that additional compensation is due are off base imo!

They are giving us a $250 credit towards a future cruise, which I thought was pretty stingy (not even per person, just per cabin). Oh well.

Seems generous to me. Princess cancelled our cruise a few years ago and didn't even tell us or our TA! And no OBC either. You got a blessing. :halo:

Had your cruise been cancelled within a 330 day window, were one "might" have already procured airfare and "might" have locked in vacation, I would have surely "felt your pain". At over 18 months out, it's a very tiny violin being played. Also those crying that additional compensation is due are off base imo!

Wow! Yes I realize it's 20 months out & I am certainly not angry. But I honestly don't get your disdain. They cancelled this cruise because a more lucrative (presumably) opportunity arose to charter it out. From a business perspective I get it. And I happily switched to the new version, which is costing me almost $1,000 more. My point in saying they are stingy is that, as they are clearly reaping a substantial financial benefit (again presumably) they could have offered to switch us to the new 12 day version for the same price. I say that not knowing how many people were already booked, but clearly that is quantifiable.

My husband and I were recently looking at a cruise to Cuba on Sirena in the new releases - January 2019. For several weeks the website showed availability in all categories. Suddenly yesterday every category was wait listed except Vista Suites. Today, Vista Suites are wait listed and one level of Concierge Veranda is available. How is it possible that a cruise over a year and a half away had plenty of availability and seemly overnight was sold out? Was it possible this became a charter, or all the cabins were booked/held by Alumni Groups? I know Oceania is popular with alumni groups because I occasionally receive flyers about cruises from my alma mater. I'm hoping it is just a website problem with the new releases. Anyone have an idea what's up?